Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2011, 17:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Feature list

If it's the next 2-3 months then you could go with the A4 or even the recently face lifted C-Class which very soon will also have it's lower priced variant, and again it will be well equipped as none of these now come without the COMAND Screen.

And the cars you see being tested in India esp. the A4 mules, are final production and the launch is due anytime internationally and with these mules here I wont be surprised if Audi India launch it sooner to avoid the onslaught from the BMW 3 in 2012.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post
Agree.. but i need to buy something in the next 2-3 months.. i cant wait 6 for a new car :-(

Do you feel that the time we see these cars doing a road test to the time it actually hits the market is 6 months? Or can we expect it to come in earlier? Sorry, i know there is no straight answer to this.. but still asking...
Old 13th September 2011, 18:17   #32
BHPian

Re: New Audi A4 variant to be launched in september.

got news from a frd who is in the audi marketing dept, the FL A4 is targeted for a 2012 release..
Old 13th September 2011, 21:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
got news from a frd who is in the audi marketing dept, the FL A4 is targeted for a 2012 release..
Which part of the 2012 ? Is it early or later?

Thanks !

Amit
Old 13th September 2011, 21:25   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Which part of the 2012 ? Is it early or later?

Thanks !

Amit
He doesn't know that yet, he will give me more info once it surfaces from audi.
if i were you i would wait for a while..
Old 14th September 2011, 00:58   #35
Team-BHP Support

Facelift aside, I'm really interested to know when the A4 will get the 170 + bhp engine. It seems really ridiculous that the Passat gets this while the A4 is provided the Laura / Jetta spec version.
Old 14th September 2011, 01:42   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Facelift aside, I'm really interested to know when the A4 will get the 170 + bhp engine. It seems really ridiculous that the Passat gets this while the A4 is provided the Laura / Jetta spec version.
Not only that I think the A4 has multitronic (CVT) while the Passat has DSG.
Old 14th September 2011, 07:37   #37
Team-BHP Support

You're absolutely right there Akshay although given all the mechatron failure reports I'm not sure whether absence of DSG is an advantage or disadvantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Not only that I think the A4 has multitronic (CVT) while the Passat has DSG.
Old 11th October 2011, 23:32   #38
BHPian

I spoke to the showroom guys regarding the A4. On the 2.0tdi with WCI package, there is a discount of INR 1Lac.
Apparently the Q3 will be launched by end of feb. Though he claimed that he has no news about the A4, though admitting that the news is doing the rounds, he said they havent been informed anything from the head office yet. But my guess is that the FaceLift A4 and the Q3 will be launched close to each other.
Old 12th October 2011, 09:42   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhun View Post
I spoke to the showroom guys regarding the A4. On the 2.0tdi with WCI package, there is a discount of INR 1Lac.
Apparently the Q3 will be launched by end of feb. Though he claimed that he has no news about the A4, though admitting that the news is doing the rounds, he said they havent been informed anything from the head office yet. But my guess is that the FaceLift A4 and the Q3 will be launched close to each other.

Heard the same thing.. so i decided not to wait any longer as i needed a car now... i went ahead with the corporate edition TDI.
Guess cars will keep getting updated but i needed to buy what i wanted now..
Old 12th October 2011, 13:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Heard the same thing.. so i decided not to wait any longer as i needed a car now... i went ahead with the corporate edition TDI.
Guess cars will keep getting updated but i needed to buy what i wanted now..
Does the a4 CE come with decent features? could u mention the features here? & how much was the otr price.

Thanks..
Old 12th October 2011, 21:52   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Does the a4 CE come with decent features? could u mention the features here? & how much was the otr price.

Thanks..
1) Leather seats but slightly lower quality than the current one... but its still leather.
2) Single CD system but looks exactly the same as the top end version system except that its single CD
3) Automatic rear screen
4) Only drivers seat is fully automatic but no memory preset
5)It has the full MMI interface screen
6) Side mirrors dont have an automatic open/close feature. However, the mirror angle can be adjusted internally. This is a bummer for me as its a basic feature which they should have retained.
7) Xenon headlamps
8) 16 inch alloys
9) all the other standard features exist. I need to check if the rain sensors are there.

What is missing is :
1) No sun roof
2) No rear parking digital display. Only the beeping sensor
3) No rear side manual curtains
4) No cruise control.

I dont miss any of the functions they have taken out. Overall, this is much better equipped than the base BMW.

The pricing for me came to 31 lakhs on road with a 4 year warranty and bumper to bumper insurance at Bangalore (after negotiating on the insurance and the registration charges.

Hope this helps.
Old 12th October 2011, 22:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
1) Leather seats but slightly lower quality than the current one... but its still leather.
2) Single CD system but looks exactly the same as the top end version system except that its single CD
3) Automatic rear screen
4) Only drivers seat is fully automatic but no memory preset
5)It has the full MMI interface screen
6) Side mirrors dont have an automatic open/close feature. However, the mirror angle can be adjusted internally. This is a bummer for me as its a basic feature which they should have retained.
7) Xenon headlamps
8) 16 inch alloys
9) all the other standard features exist. I need to check if the rain sensors are there.

What is missing is :
1) No sun roof
2) No rear parking digital display. Only the beeping sensor
3) No rear side manual curtains
4) No cruise control.

I dont miss any of the functions they have taken out. Overall, this is much better equipped than the base BMW.

The pricing for me came to 31 lakhs on road with a 4 year warranty and bumper to bumper insurance at Bangalore (after negotiating on the insurance and the registration charges.

Hope this helps.
nice features, are u sure the mirrors don't fold electronically?
there must be a switch inside, if not its lame as car much lower in cost have them now.

Thanks..
Old 13th October 2011, 03:40   #43
BHPian

Quote:
nice features, are u sure the mirrors don't fold electronically?
there must be a switch inside, if not its lame as car much lower in cost have them now.

Thanks..
Nope, no folding mirrors. no switch inside. still its a good deal as it offers everything else. In chandigarh, the same car is available for INR 26.5lacs dude to lower regn charges.
Old 13th October 2011, 04:59   #44
BHPian

The facelifted A4 should launch end of this year everywhere and come to India in the first quarter itself. Its obvious from the test mules that the A4 will get a complete new front (grills, bumper, headlights) and new design taillights, it will also have the new MMI from the A6 and some minor changes in the interior. 2.0 TFSI will get more power, 2.0 TDI will also be tuned for more power and fuel efficiency, the 8 speed box will help. 3.2 FSI will be replaced by the 3.0 V6 from the S4 but in a lower state of tune.

I would personally get the current shape at an even lower price in December over the new one, don't like what has become of the A5/S5/RS5 after the facelift. If you'd rather have the facelift, it won't be a long wait. Hope this helps.
Old 13th October 2011, 07:57   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hope this helps.
@originalamit,

31 OTR with 4 yr warranty + b2b insurance in "bangalore" seem like a good deal. Calls for a visit to Audi Bangalore.

Spec looks pretty decent. I miss sunroof and parking display. Others including folding mirrors no big deal.

Have few questions:

This is for 2.0 TDI?
Could you please give a breakup of the price?
The front and rear lights are exactly same (LED, xenons) as regular A4?
Except sunroof - what else is the external 'clue' to say this is corp-edition?
What colour (ext/interior) options exist in this trim?
Did you TD - how is the ground clearance? Stupid question - but GC is very important in Bangalore!

Thanks.

Last edited by androdev : 13th October 2011 at 08:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks