Team-BHP - New Audi A4 variant to be launched in september.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Audi A4 variant to be launched in september. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/105726-new-audi-a4-variant-launched-september.html)

Thursday August 4th i got some information that Audi India is launching a Audi A4 corporate edition.
This model will not be having a sunroof or parking sensors. It also might not have a 6 disc cd changer. This will be in a 2.0tdi varient only which will be costing approx 29 lacs on road Mumbai. As far as i know these cars will only come in a non metallic paint so i am guessing it will come in brilliant red, ibis white, and brilliant black.

That's shockingly expensive though!
For a little bit more, one can get the more expensive fully loaded variant, given the excellent discounts on offer at present.
Audi needs to work on the price, and bring it down by a lakh, or two.

Gamechanger alert!

Audi under 30 lacs is bound to be an awesome value proposition. Sure to give the Superb and Passat a run for their money. Is it a manual transmission? Any more details will help...

IMHO 29 lakhs is quite high for a CE A4. If the badge is not taken into consideration, you get almost same (or even more) in the new Jetta. The dimensions and internals (including the engine) are quite the same.

It will have a 8-speed multitronic automatic trans, and it definately has more features than a 3 series or c class CE.
The interior is just like a regular A4 and the build quality isnt sacarficed with cheap plastics.

Whatever the price point be, a sub 30 L can be exciting.

IMO, this still seems to be one more tactic in the game of market share and segment leadership and we will have to see the outcome. I just hope that they do not name it as Corporate Edition which would be shamelessly copying BMW.

It has been some time that we had a real game changer from either MB, BMW or Audi. The 3 Series Corporate Edition did change the numbers in the premium segment. After MB following suit, I am not sure how many numbers Audi will gain by stimulating the market this way. On the other hand 3 Series is due for renewal next year, MB is loosing market share as it is. There will be sufficient efforts from the two players to hold on to the numbers from 3 & C. Numbers via A4 CE will not ba a cake walk.

what i think is that, they should remove the led headlights if they are cost cutting to have a cheaper variant. That alone would get the price down by 50,000 to 1 lakh and could be more. Bmw removed the corona rings and has a tempting price.

Thanks for the information as always, any idea when does the 170 bhp 2.0 TDI make it into the A4?

And now with the new C coming up, any upgraded features planned for the A4?

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by i<3turbo (Post 2459046)
Thursday August 4th i got some information that Audi India is launching a Audi A4 corporate edition.
This model will not be having a sunroof or parking sensors. It also might not have a 6 disc cd changer. This will be in a 2.0tdi varient only which will be costing approx 29 lacs on road Mumbai. As far as i know these cars will only come in a non metallic paint so i am guessing it will come in brilliant red, ibis white, and brilliant black.

The a4 facelift is coming up soon any time, could be a way to remove old stock?

Why not cut the cost by giving MT? Is the demand for MT so poor here that there is no 30+L car with MT?

Androdev,

I think the volumes for manual are really low, infact Mercedes India always had the manual variants for the C and the E and until the end of 2010 there were a few manual C's which had to be cleared by the dealers. After this I am not sure anyone will re visit the manual luxury car as most customers do not even ask if there is a manual option possible.

Audi can do it I think if they share the manual transmissions with the VW's and the Skoda's sold in India.

Good move I guess. Could anyone tell me how much is the price of normal variant from A4? Also why does the corona rings or the LED lights cost a bomb? Is it just because of the brand or are these actually that expensive? And regarding the interior quality being retained, I guess Audi's USP is the quality of interiors. So if they make it cheaper, there may not be any takers unlike BMW which is known to be a driver's car and those "drivers" dont mind living with a slightly cheaper interior since the car still retains the fun-to-drive quotient in CE editions.

Edit:: I bumped on this thread just after reading some other post that some high up guy from Audi said that they will NOT follow suit & make a CE edition like others.

"According to AutoBild Germany the 2014 Audi A4 will be based on the MLB Evo platform. It will be 120 to 150 kg lighter than the current generation model. At the same time, it will be much bigger than the current generation A4 because the new model will have to compete against the new BMW 3 series which has grown bigger than the current model.
It will definitely have both petrol and diesel variants. Although no definite information is available on the engine options, Autobild is predicting that the Petrols will have power ranging from 150 to 350 PS and the diesels will have 150 to 300 PS.
To please the green party, both engine options will be fitted with stop/start system, brake energy regeneration and a thermal energy recovery system.
The company is also expected to drop a hybrid with an electric motor into the next gen A4 that will enable the car to drive for 30 to 60 km on electricity alone. It will have an all-wheel drive system called the e-Quattro which has no mechanical connection between the axles.
But here is the most shocking part – Audi is planning to introduce a CNG variant for the new A4 as a part of its E-Gas project. CNG fuel is catching up in India as well. Not very long ago, Mercedes was planning to introduce a CNG variant of its E-Class model. Feasibility studies showed demand was simply not high enough for an introduction."

Source: 2014 Audi A4 - Rendered and CNG variant in the anvil

The price is alot, you can get a full loaded a4 31.50 on road Delhi .

ARSC, that price i mentioned was for Mumbai. And i am pretty sure your talking about a 1.8tfsi