Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2011, 13:57   #16
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pic: Toyota Etios Diesel ; Coming in September'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
So the OTR of base version will be 6L. Thats cheaper than both Dzire & Manza ! I find Etios better looking than Dzire & Manza.
6L Ex-Showroom for the version without Power Steering!

Nobody can manage to drive the diesel Etios without power steering. 6.5L Ex-Showroom for Etios Diesel G or 7L Ex-Showroom for G + ABS + Airbags will be worth.
designersf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 20:03   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
So the OTR of base version will be 6L. Thats cheaper than both Dzire & Manza ! I find Etios better looking than Dzire & Manza.
Doubt that the OTR will be 6L ! The petrol base of Etios is 4.9x L ex showroom which means that going by the normal premium charges for Diesel, the base diesel will be 5.9x L. Even if we assume a premium of 80K, there is no way the OTR will be at 6L, but rather a 6.5-6.8L will be a realistic price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Torque View Post
Saw the blue Liva on the right edge of the scoop pic. Is it the Liva Diesel?
By any chance will the Liva Diesel launch will happen alongside Etios Diesel launch?
I doubt the Liva will be launched side by side. Sure Etios D will gather quite a good sales and I assume waiting period in tune of upto 3 months. So that would set Totyota to bring in Liva by Jan 2012 or even Mar 2012. Looks like they learnt from the petrol launch and don't think we will have HUGE waiting period like Dzire - rather much lesser than that.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th August 2011 at 20:08.
Old 11th August 2011, 20:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

It is just as well, too, because for some reason Etios hasn't seen the success everyone expected. Now with a diesel plant, things should change drastically. It looks much better than Dzire/Verito. But Swift ( even old ) looks much better than Liva.

And, it beats me why Corolla Diesel isn't doing well. Wonder if word of mouth spread about its lack of grunt has done it in.
Old 11th August 2011, 22:17   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
It is just as well, too, because for some reason Etios hasn't seen the success everyone expected.
You should be kidding ! A petrol motor with 6 months waiting period is not a success? It received the number of bookings which even Toyota could not gauge and hence all those delivery delays. FYI, as far as I understand Etios from first month has recorded more sales than a Dzire petrol [going by the 75-25 ratio for Dzire diesel-petrol variants of a total 10K odd units]

My belief is Toyota will manage almost the same numbers are Dzire once the diesel option is out. I also guess we may start seeing a lot of taxis if they manage a very good FE.

Quote:
And, it beats me why Corolla Diesel isn't doing well. Wonder if word of mouth spread about its lack of grunt has done it in.
Probably Corolla diesel didnt do as well as expected probably because of the puny diesel mill compared to the competitor Cruze. But last month Corolla managed a 1K+ sales which is 30-40% more than Cruze. Not sure whats the ratio of petrol : diesel numbers though.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th August 2011 at 22:21.
Old 11th August 2011, 22:29   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You should be kidding ! A petrol motor with 6 months waiting period is not a success? It received the number of bookings which even Toyota could not gauge and hence all those delivery delays. FYI, as far as I understand Etios from first month has recorded more sales than a Dzire petrol [going by the 75-25 ratio for Dzire diesel-petrol variants of a total 10K odd units]
+1 to that. Etios has done exceedingly well in the market.
Quote:
My belief is Toyota will manage almost the same numbers are Dzire once the diesel option is out. I also guess we may start seeing a lot of taxis if they manage a very good FE.
I believe the car manufacturers have to agree to let one of their cars to be used as a mass manufacturer. Heard this somewhere. If so, I don't believe toyota would allow it so soon.
Old 12th August 2011, 06:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Last month, Corolla clocked 1k+ units and 30% to 40% should be diesel. Now that's a good number for 14 lacs+ segment.

Quote:

Probably Corolla diesel didnt do as well as expected probably because of the puny diesel mill compared to the competitor Cruze. But last month Corolla managed a 1K+ sales which is 30-40% more than Cruze. Not sure whats the ratio of petrol : diesel numbers though.
+1. Etios Diesel will manage more or less same numbers Dzire.
Old 12th August 2011, 11:58   #22
BHPian

I test drove the updated corolla diesel last week & also took a spin in the liva to compare. Corolla for sure lacks grunt but not something you cant live with given the fact that its reliable, very comfortable,returns 13-14kmpl to diesel and you are bieng chauffered most of the time.

O.T. : Am wondering what an awesome combo a petrol jazz and a diesel corolla would make for a family with a company provided driver.

The same engine in Etios would be faster and return even better economy.
Factor in Toyota brand image vis-a-vis competition, VFM, Etios petrol's success, resale vale, long term reliability and you really don't have a better option unless you are a very enthusiastic driver (which is a minority in the target population).
Etios doesn't look worse than not so VFM Qualis.
Its not perfect but is the best one can buy for that money.
I can't see any reason for taxi operators to buy Logandzire/Indigo over CNGed/diesel Etios

Super success and long waiting periods pretty much guaranteed
Old 12th August 2011, 12:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
Last month, Corolla clocked 1k+ units and 30% to 40% should be diesel. Now that's a good number for 14 lacs+ segment.

+1. Etios Diesel will manage more or less same numbers Dzire.

maybe pgsagar was talking about Liva. The response to Liva has definetly been moderate because it is not a VFM product and lacks the drivability of Etios. Etios 'petrol only' is currentl clocking 4000-5000 unit per month which is really good. Introduction of diesel is only going to increase waiting periods.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:46   #24
BHPian

ARAI Mileage is 23.59 !!!!!!!!

From one of the close sources
Old 12th August 2011, 21:18   #25
BHPian

I had got this news last month (which I had stated in other threads of Liva OTD and another) when Liva was just about to be released, glad I got the right news, got to thank the insider!!, BTW Liva diesel will be on its way right behind Etios, just around Sep-Oct.
Old 12th August 2011, 21:26   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
BTW Liva diesel will be on its way right behind Etios, just around Sep-Oct.
Sure Liva D will come around Oct itself? How do they plan to address the booking numbers for Etios? I do expect a good number of bookings which will lead to at least 3 months waiting period.

I guess Toyota will take a call on launching the Liva D based on the booking numbers for Etios D. Like they delayed the Liva launch when Etios petrol clocked huge numbers.
Old 12th August 2011, 21:40   #27
BHPian

Liva Diesel would be the one to look out for provided the pricing is spot on. The FE is expected to be class leading.
Old 13th August 2011, 01:30   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
+1, Yes if it has a good FE, then being very spacious and with huge boot/luggage space Etios might attract taxi-walas like Logan,
Old 13th August 2011, 09:44   #29
BHPian

As we can see by the woeful sales of Dzire for the past couple of months (expecting the new launch probably??), people r definitely looking for a better entry level sedan. The diesel version of Etios and Liva r going to set the sales charts on fire!!!

Btw, Etios D and Liva D are being launched together at the start of september!!!

Also, as mentioned earlier, the fuel economy stands at 23.59 kmpl!!!

That, with the light weight 1.4 diesel powerplant and the badge of Toyota.... things r gonna change for the auto industry!!! And guess whose woes will be shown in October sales??
Old 13th August 2011, 10:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
+1, Yes if it has a good FE, then being very spacious and with huge boot/luggage space Etios might attract taxi-walas like Logan,
Etios D will win hands down considering that it is from Toyota with loads of inside space & I suppose among the biggest boot in the segment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed