Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 16:29   #61
BHPian

Re: 1200cc diesel mill ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Even I was ,when I heard this. I asked the dealer does toyota have a 1200 cc diesel engine. He said all hatchbacks come with 1200cc engines.
Felt like .
Lets wait and watch. Btw I was just googling for 1200cc diesel engines by Toyota .
just noticed on another thread,someone else also mentions the same 1200cc diesel mill
I noticed that too. But I cant quite understand the rationale behind this move, if at all this is true. Even the 1.4D is quite drab and anything smaller will make the car under powered in comparison.
I hope the dealer is wrong like they usually are
Old 19th August 2011, 16:53   #62
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios Liva diesel to be launched before Etios diesel

It is a 1.2 litre diesel as informed by the person driving it and he was pretty sure about the Liva's diesel displacing 1.2 litres.

Even I was expecting a 1.4 litre diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
It must be 1.4 as it qualifies under norms. For reference here are figures of Altis D-4D. lets see how much Toyota tweaks this. Liva will have FGT.

Last edited by GTO : 20th August 2011 at 14:52. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 20th August 2011, 07:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

Not surprising! The petrol Liva doesn't hold a candle to the other hatchbacks. The Diesel is the only hope for Toyota to revive the Liva. And I hope it fails in the market too.

Everytime, I see the Liva, I feel bad. Toyota could have done better, much better than the Liva. They have the technology, the money and the might. Only, the all important 'will' was missing. And its not like the Liva is cheap to buy, they are asking big money for it. By that count, the awesome T-Fort should have been atleast 50 lakhs.
Old 20th August 2011, 07:37   #64
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Etios Diesel is slated for launch in September 2011 with a 1.4 L Diesel heart. I expected the same engine to do duty in the Liva. I think the "driver" of the car must have got confused with the capacities of Petrol and Diesel. With a 1.2 L engine, Toyota will not be able with compete against the mighty Swift and Polo engines.

I also believe that the Etios Diesel will be launched first as many have reported a September launch.
Old 21st August 2011, 21:37   #65
BHPian

The Liva driver also quoted that the Liva is not as refined as other diesel hatchbacks (Swift, Figo diesel) that he has driven but is much smoother than the Volkswagen Polo and Skoda Fabia that use identical oil burners.

I wholeheartedly agree to the point that the Polo and Fabia 3-cylinder diesels are the most unrefined and noisy diesel engines. Even the 4-cylinder 106 bhp engine of the Vento is a horrible unit when compared to a Manza's 1.3l Quadrajet or the Fluidic verna's 1.4 / 1.6 diesel. People pay Rs. 10 lakh+ just because the car comes with a VW badge!
Old 21st August 2011, 21:44   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
Even the 4-cylinder 106 bhp engine of the Vento is a horrible unit when compared to a Manza's 1.3l Quadrajet or the Fluidic verna's 1.4 / 1.6 diesel. People pay Rs. 10 lakh+ just because the car comes with a VW badge!
In what way is the Vento TDI engine 'horrible' (in your terms)? IMO it is the best diesel engine in the C segment currently available.

http://http://www.team-bhp.com/forum...ve-review.html

Cheers!
Old 21st August 2011, 21:54   #67
BHPian

Refinement wise, NVH levels of the engine are not that what shoul be coming from VOLKSWAGEN. Engine noise is audiable in the passenger cabin at speeds of 80 - 100 kph with all windows shut and A.C. in full blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
In what way is the Vento TDI engine 'horrible' (in your terms)? IMO it is the best diesel engine in the C segment currently available.

Cheers!
Old 22nd August 2011, 05:53   #68
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pic: Toyota Etios Diesel ; Coming in September'11

Doesn't make sense at all. The 1.4 litre engine is already tried and tested in Indian conditions in the Corolla. With competition at large are selling their products with 1.3 - 1.4 Liter engines, it doesn't make sense for Toyota to introduce a smaller 1.2 L engine.

I'm sure the dealer is wrong as he must have confused himself with the cubic capacity of the Petrol Liva. Let us wait and watch.
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

I think they are competing beat diesel 1 ltr diesel engine with this 1.2 ltr engine of etios.
Old 22nd August 2011, 13:52   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Are you sure about this? Where did they suddenly get this engine from? Can you please reconfirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Even I was ,when I heard this. I asked the dealer does toyota have a 1200 cc diesel engine. He said all hatchbacks come with 1200cc engines.
Felt like .
Lets wait and watch. Btw I was just googling for 1200cc diesel engines by Toyota .
just noticed on another thread,someone else also mentions the same 1200cc diesel mill
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I think they are competing beat diesel 1 ltr diesel engine with this 1.2 ltr engine of etios.
Relax ppl... The diesel mill is a 1.4 L one itself. Its true however, as earlier mentioned... The VGT's been replaced by a new FGT.
Old 22nd August 2011, 19:16   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Everytime, I see the Liva, I feel bad. Toyota could have done better, much better than the Liva
+ 1 . I think when Toyota started this project couple of Years back - Indian Hatch market was different - they took there own sweet time to get this product by this time others moved fast & many new entrants mostly Germans were even faster partially because of slowdown in Europe & they always perceived India as an Important market after China . Toyota was more concentrated on US . If I am not mistaken they conceived this project in 2005 / 006 . Now if they would have produced these cars 4 years back things would have been different .
Old 23rd August 2011, 22:07   #72
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from dealer, expected launch is on 9th Sept.. She didn't had more details, approx price 1 lakh more than pertol variant.
Old 23rd August 2011, 22:42   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Got a call from dealer, expected launch is on 9th Sept.. She didn't had more details, approx price 1 lakh more than pertol variant.
Both Etios & Liva launching on the same day ? Etios might pull off the 1L premium but I cant really expect the Liva to make much difference. Rather keep the Liva D prices around 50-60K higher & it would make a lot of sense & will make up for the low profile interiors.
Old 26th August 2011, 22:02   #74
Senior - BHPian

I visited Toyota Showroom in Kalamassery, Ernakulam. These are the points that I got.

1) Diesel Booking starts from September 1st onwards.
2) Delivery of cars expected by December.
3) Engine Specs 1.4L 4 cylinder 68ps @ 3800 rpm, 170 NM ( between 1800 to 2400 rpm )
4) Pricing 1L higher than equivalent Petrol variant
Old 26th August 2011, 22:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Toyota launching Etios diesel AND Liva diesel on September 9th. 1.4 diesel; Power somewhere between 70 and 75bhp.

Source: hormazdsorabjee
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks