Team-BHP - SCOOP Pic: Toyota Etios Diesel ; EDIT : Now launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SCOOP Pic: Toyota Etios Diesel ; EDIT : Now launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/105936-scoop-pic-toyota-etios-diesel-edit-now-launched.html)

Note from Mod : Team-BHP's Etios diesel review has been added at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread. Thanks

Looks like the diesel option is ready. Managed to catch one while driving to work this morning in Jayanagar. Looks to be the same from outside except the badge which was masked. Managed to click one photo while at the signal.

SCOOP Pic: Toyota Etios Diesel ; EDIT : Now launched-etiosd.jpg

Note from Support: Posts moved to a new separate thread. Thanks for sharing

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-drive (Post 2462967)
Looks like the diesel option is ready. Managed to catch one while driving to work this morning in Jayanagar. Looks to be the same from outside except the badge which was masked. Managed to click one photo while at the signal.

Corolla engine for Etios would be good. Hope the refinement is as good. Is it possible at nearly half the cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-drive (Post 2462967)

Good catch V-drive

I just read on Vicky.in that the Etios D is ready for launch in September 2011. It will sport a 1.4 Litre engine with FGT churning out 75 bhp. The car will cost 1 Lakh more when compared to its petrol version. Looks like Dzire and Manza will have tough times.

Nice catch V-drive ! I also see a Liva in the same pic. Liva D launch around same time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by karanraheja (Post 2464006)
Nice catch V-drive ! I also see a Liva in the same pic. Liva D launch around same time?

Actually had not noticed the Liva D, till the time I was uploading this here. Else would have tried clicking without wasting time in getting the right zoom on my phone stupid:

Hi Guys,

Came across this news item in ACI indicating the launch of diesel Etios in September.

Etios diesel coming this September | Autocar India

It will be powered by the same 1.4 litre doing duty in Altis. It will be modified and will have a FGT instead of VGT and pump out around 75 bhp
Called DSK Toyota regarding this. They confirmed that it will be launched soon but did not give any date. They will start bookings once the launch date is announced.

So a new one in the segment. Fiesta Classic, Verito, Manza, Dzire, Nissan Sunny and now Etios Diesel. None of them exciting on their own. Is a VGT really so much more expensive to manufacture than an FGT ? I mean since they have all the components being made already for another model. The VGT could have given the Etios an edge over the others along with its badge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCORPION (Post 2464274)
The VGT could have given the Etios an edge over the others along with its badge.

The 12 bhp difference is not too much, even with the 75hp FGT version expect the light weight Etios to be peppy to drive. Hope they take care of the turbo lag.

The Etios diesel should be a miser's dream come true when it comes on road. Cheap to buy. Cheap to run. Unfortunately, cheap to look and feel as well. Just not my cup of tea.

But, nevertheless, it a very appropriate product for the market. Toyota knows what the market needs.

Etios being very spacious, sales of Dzire will be the first to get affected. Maruti will try its best to bring New Dzire at the earliest. Also, with Etios petrol already doing around 5000 sale per month, diesel version will boost its sales further.

Etios Diesel will sell and sell and sell. Its going to redefine the segment and there will be 6 month waiting for this car im sure. Like someone said, its a misers dream come true.
Personally i hate the looks of the car, but there is no denying that it has one of the best backseats to sit and relax in.

Saw the blue Liva on the right edge of the scoop pic. Is it the Liva Diesel?

By any chance will the Liva Diesel launch will happen alongside Etios Diesel launch?

I feel the Liva has had a lukewarm response as sales of Liva last month was only 2551 units.

Is Toyota reacting so fast? Not usually expected from a Japanese firm right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAS (Post 2463982)
The car will cost 1 Lakh more when compared to its petrol version. Looks like Dzire and Manza will have tough times.

So the OTR of base version will be 6L. Thats cheaper than both Dzire & Manza ! I find Etios better looking than Dzire & Manza.

I had a chance to have a close look at the test mule yesterday. Nothing is changed in the exterior or interior front. According to the test driver, the diesel plant offers better driveability compared to its petrol sibiling. He requested me not to take any pics.

Checked with my contact at Toyota today, the launch is confirmed for September and all the road tests are completed. The pricing will be known close to launch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedmiester (Post 2464529)
I had a chance to have a close look at the test mule yesterday. Nothing is changed in the exterior or interior front. According to the test driver, the diesel plant offers better driveability compared to its petrol sibiling. He requested me not to take any pics.

clap: Good one

I was expecting the diesel to have better drive-ability when compared to the Petrol. As Etios is not a heavy car, the turbo lag would not be pronounced. This along with the torque of the diesel when the turbo spools in should make it more drive-able. I am now eagerly waiting to test the Etios D.

Did you also get a chance to see the Liva test mule?