Team-BHP - Hyundai i20 Face-Lift (2012) Spotted for the first time in India on Pg. 2
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai i20 Face-Lift (2012) Spotted for the first time in India on Pg. 2 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/105989-hyundai-i20-face-lift-2012-spotted-first-time-india-pg-2-a.html)

Mod Note : GTO's comprehensive Hyundai i20 review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks

Facelifted Hyundai i20 spotted for the first time. Though this is an international report, I thought of sharing it here cos the car is of much relevance in India too as in the Fortuner facelift spotting abroad. Please move if found irrelevant. Thanks.
Quote:

These are the first spy shots available of the upcoming facelifted 2012 Hyundai i20. Our spy photographers caught up with this 2012 i20 prototype as it was being delivered to Hyundai's European test facility via that big green truck you see in the photos here.
The prototype here is a heavily camouflaged 5-door hatchback body-style but we can still spot its new front fascia, adopting an updated Hyundai design, with the rounder headlights in a different position.
The rear taillights get a new look too but we couldn't spot anything on the interior as it is still well hidden.
The 2012 Hyundai i20 facelift is slated to debut next year.
Source: Worldcarfans

The i20, let's face it, looks a bit soft now, especially when you park it next to the angry looking Verna and the i10.

My guess is that Hyundai will face-lift the i20, just like how they face-lifted the i10, and give it a more aggressive look. The good thing about the current i20 is that it still looks relatively fresh, despite fresh competition. So it would take a year or so for us to spot the new i20s on the streets. :)

They just might consider bringing it a bit earlier considering the heat they will face from the new Swift and Jazz methinks. I hope they give us an improved Auto box tho'.

The front end looks more like a punto to me . i could distinguish it as i20 only from the triangular blinkers on side and the rear tail light position.

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeash (Post 2475475)
The front end looks more like a punto to me . i could distinguish it as i20 only from the triangular blinkers on side and the rear tail light position.

Yeah it does seem to resemble Punto from front. It may end up looking slightly like Hyundai ix20 with a aggressive grill?

Image source - Hyundai ix20 UK Price | Motorward

Whats that other car under wraps?Looks like a nice big hatchback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 2475983)
Whats that other car under wraps?Looks like a nice big hatchback.

Most Probably the other car will be the facelifted i30. Had seen some of those in my visit to Shenzhen, China. I always thought Hyundai will launch that in India before the ANHV. But guess I was wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacman2881 (Post 2475918)
Yeah it does seem to resemble Punto from front. It may end up looking slightly like Hyundai ix20 with a aggressive grill?

Image source - Hyundai ix20 UK Price | Motorward

The headlight units have more than a passing resemblance to the Ford Figo, especially when viewed head-on.

The grille is a mix of the i10 and the new Verna.

Like I said, it looks more aggressive than the outgoing i20. :)

Here's a scoop pic of the new fluidic design of i20 slated to be launched this year end. (Got this photo on Facebook Hyundai i20 Fan club)

Looks pretty similar to the new fluidic i10 to me(maybe this image is Photo-shopped)

Can anyone confirm this news?

P.S: Mods if a similar topic/thread exists then kindly merge with it. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark 5 (Post 2503675)
Looks pretty similar to the new fluidic i10 to me(maybe this image is Photo-shopped)

I'm sure its photoshopped considering the only changes seem to be to the face of the car. If anything the new i20 would take design cues from the international i30 which was just launched recently!!!

It's a photoshop job, I can tell from the pixels.

All jokes aside, that design doesn't look that special to be honest and if Hyundai does go with it, they'll have done a Volkswagen in that 3 "brothers" (the i10, i20 and Verna) look too similar front on.

Let's wait and see what Hyundai has in store.

Well this is well expected from hyundai. They seem to be following a trend and making a mark on how the next-gen hyundai cars would look like. The front of the i20 IMO would surely share the same Fludic Verna and New i10 looks !

But what wonders me is why has Hyundai still not upgraded (face-lifted) the existing i20 ? Is it waiting for the sales numbers of i20 to go down or waiting for the new swift to settle down ?

Some more scoop pics(from the same source):

P.S: I don't really guarantee the reliability of this source cause these pics have been posted on Facebook's Hyundai i20 Fan club page.

Quote:

Here's a scoop pic of the new fluidic design of i20

Obviously a photoshop job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark 5 (Post 2504503)

P.S: I don't really guarantee the reliability of this source cause these pics have been posted on Facebook's Hyundai i20 Fan club page.

There is already a separate thread with these pics - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...me-abroad.html

Quote:

Here's a scoop pic of the new fluidic design of i20 slated to be launched this year end. (Got this photo on Facebook Hyundai i20 Fan club)

Thats surely a photo shopped image. But I think the new i20 wont look much different than this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark 5 (Post 2504503)

First pic reminds me of Fiat Punto.