Team-BHP - what entry level car would you buy? Realistically.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   what entry level car would you buy? Realistically. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10607-what-entry-level-car-would-you-buy-realistically.html)

guys, we have here been debating about cars right from reva to rolls royce day in and day out and hold different opionion about the car based on our own experience and information from various sources.

typically a topic seeking advise on a particular car has as many opinions as the number of posts in the thread. there are contradicting opinions and feedbacks about the vehicle we intend to buy, which makes our buying decision much more complex/confusing.

though we aspire to buy a car which looks good and has adequate power and performance, ultimately the deciding factors are price, FE, maintenance, resale and other more practical reasons. thats why we find the likes of indicas and indigos are selling more than palios and petras though latter are often stated as better products.

assuming that we will have to live only with one set of wheels for the next three years, which car would you buy among the various segments.

i would like you put yourself in the shoes of a new car buyer and suggest you to weigh your options seriously and decide..

let us start with the entry level segment 3-4.5 lakhs ex-showroom

mods, if the segmentation is not appropriate, i would like you to modify the options in the poll to make more meaningful.

if the responses are good, then i would like to extend the same poll to all the segments.

oops, i feel indica diesel and petrol should have been made as a separate option... as of now, let us consider that option as a diesel one....

entry level- indica Turbo (in fact I have just bought one a couple of months ago!) the car is a fair compromise on looks, performance (mind blowing for a small diesel) FE (Brilliant) quality ( much better than before)- all at an ex showroom of 4.3 lakhs

I am surprised at myself but yes, I'd go for the Indica. I not very found of the car (my other car is an Indica, had given me no real problems but I just can't love it as much as I love my City).

Overall, Indica is the most VFM of the lot, and if it is a diesel then there is no question whatsoever of running costs compared to other ones in the list. The car also has a very decent re-sale value and is not very bad on maintenance... So I hate to admit it, I would go for an Indica again but will have it only for 3 years.

I would go for the ALTO. Reason: I don't like most of the cars out there, would like to have a mid sizer. So spend the least on the current one and use ot for 3 years (since u say so) and either keep it as a cheap run about or sell it after that. Use the all the money saved to buy a car which you actually would like to own!!

Practicing what i preach, except that the transition will happen sooner than 3 years!!!

Alto Lxi... most definately. In that segment, I think it is the best in terms of VFM... and that is what someone may be looking for. In Diesel though there is not much option other than an Indica!

Santro - anytime, everytime - first choice.

Or a zen, if I were not so tall.

Why Swift is not there??

From these options, I'll chose Alto. Its really VFM.

And what Versa is doing here? :)

Quote:

Why Swift is not there??
My question as well...that would be my choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
My question as well...that would be my choice.

ouch, thats a silly mistake. cant you now add it to the poll.....

A similar question was raised here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...+wagonr+indica

My pick would be the Alto. Decent build quality and safety, ok performance, easy to handle. Just what first timers need.

Hmm, would have to be Santro... best all round car available today, in my opinion

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
A similar question was raised here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...+wagonr+indica

My pick would be the Alto. Decent build quality and safety, ok performance, easy to handle. Just what first timers need.

ya, it was a similar thread, but i exactly wanted to know what each and everyone would buy considering their needs. for example, if i listen to my heart i would go for palio for its performance, but if i want to spend 5 lakhs on a car which i would use for the next three years, i will listen to my brain and go for indica turbo considering FE.

After having driven all the cars from the above list (the ambi should not be counted really as the one i'm talking is about the mark 3), my choice would be the zen (preferrably the old mpfi design which I use right now, the new one's look sucks). Pretty good fe, very comfy, though 1st time users may find that it's bonnet clearence is not very good until you get used to it. Feels really stable and the best to rally with too out of that lot, incase you suddenly get the itch to take part in autocross or desert storm! :D

My next choice would be the palio.

Godspeed.

Alok.

where is M800. A lot of fist time buyers are going for this car still..

I would never recommend Indica,Versa,Ambassadar,Palio to First time drivers.