Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2011, 22:32   #16
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Tata Manza CS

Great news! Looks can be subjective and for me I think that the bootless Manza seems to be devoid of the character that the Manza seems to possess. That said, the car definitely looks a lot sportier and should appeal to a lot of the younger folks. Pricing now will be the key. TATA seems to need a real winner to get it's sales figures in order. If the new CS can deliver on the quality and niggles count this could just be what the doctor ordered.
Old 17th August 2011, 23:27   #17
BHPian

If we can take the back light off and replace it with something similar to what we can find on the fiat 500 this can can look quiet unique

Last edited by chittybang : 17th August 2011 at 23:27. Reason: spelling error
chittybang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 00:18   #18
BHPian

This CS will be something to watchout for, if it is as spacious as Manza is. With a little play with spoiler, door visors,hood scoop, this car can really get a sporty look!
Old 18th August 2011, 04:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Even I dont know however I have travelled in both the old Indigo and the Indigo CS and did not feel much difference but anyone having better and concrete information can comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
CS looks better than the regular Manza, except the tail lamp which seems to be over proportionate.

What is the case in Indigo CS? Leg room is reduced than Indigo? I haven't travelled in Indigo CS.
I have an Indigo CS, and there's absolutely no reduction in legroom compared to the regular Indigo. Till the boot, Indigo and CS are absolutely the same.
vivekgk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 04:53   #20
MAS
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed a step forward for TATA. They suddenly have a car which can compete with hatch backs in terms of pricing while offering the space and comfort of a sedan. The car also looks good and more proportionate at the rear, though the front looks oddly overdone.

I had a look at Manza yesterday and the interiors did look good. If TATA equips the CS with those interiors, they have a winner.
Old 18th August 2011, 11:11   #21
BHPian

This would be really nice if it is a notchback. The overall shape some how resembles Accent Viva.
Any idea when a 'Marina' version of Manza will come? I am a sucker for station wagons
Old 18th August 2011, 15:08   #22
BHPian

Would love to see this take on the DZire CS. Love the Manza for its sheer VFM hope TATA doesn't compromise on the quality/features to get the pricing right
Old 18th August 2011, 15:19   #23
BANNED

Though a VFM car, the spoilsport for Manza is its tail lamps. Not only for Manza, but for all Tata cars, the tail lamps are the worst designed part. And that continues in Manza CS too!
Old 18th August 2011, 15:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Manza CS seems to be a well planned strategy of maxxing their platforms while the earlier CS seemed to be an afterthought when the sub 4 m rule came into effect. Althought the back of the earlier CS was better proportioned than its longer sibling (especially the tail lamps).

Manza CS should do really well and sincearly hope that it is the same car till the boot. One single biggest USP of Manza is the whale of a back seat leg room and many many of us get mighty impressed and plonk our hard earned cash right then. This should also be a big sales pitch for the new CS along with the national diesel (QJet avataar) heart.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I have an Indigo CS, and there's absolutely no reduction in legroom compared to the regular Indigo. Till the boot, Indigo and CS are absolutely the same.

For Indigo it made sense; this time around Vista is already at 3.8m roughly, so the additional boot thay can have on top of Vista is 20cm max - that is not much (though overall it will still add at least 130ltrs to Vista's boot, probably more, to the existing 230ltrs - about 360ltrs to 400ltrs total) for a "sedan-like" car. Add to it the fact that Manza has more leg room inside compared to Vista - and you are eating into the boot space again.

Now why am I tlaking about the boot space? because if the boot space is similar to Vista, then what the major selling point? Sedans are considered more prestigious is true, but that advantage is diluted by the T badge on the grill, and Vista is not scorching the charts even though it is a pretty good product.
Old 18th August 2011, 18:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Manza cs would result in lesser sales of the current Manza! The current manza itself would be struggling from the onslaught of the etios diesel and internal competition would make it worse. I wonder what would be the pricing! Vista diesel retails between 5.5 -6.5 lakhs, Manza retails between 7-8 lakhs, so would the CS be just 50-60k more than the vista and undercut the manza by 50-60k? That is just too close!
Old 19th August 2011, 09:00   #27
superveloce

The news floated by Carwale and outer sources as well as the image are fake. No such development is on in TML.

Old 19th August 2011, 10:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
The news floated by Carwale and outer sources as well as the image are fake. No such development is on in TML.
The image could be fake and also the time line given in news may be wrong. But sources confirmed that there are plans for a shortened version of Manza, may not be called CS though.
Old 20th August 2011, 10:20   #29
srh
BHPian

Frankly speaking, I would prefer an estate version of the same. That would be a real unique selling proposition
Old 21st August 2011, 12:06   #30
hvs
BHPian

price it at 5L & I'll cancel my Swift LDI to buy Manza CS Aqua

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks