2) Tata Manza Compact Sedan caught on camera! | IndianCarsBikes.in

- Coutesy ICB/Carwale/Autobild
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Manza CS-tatamanzacompactsedan.jpg  

rajesh.palaria is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 06:32   #2
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Tata Manza CS

Awesome. It's great to have a better sub-4m sedan to upgrade to from the Indigo CS. The CS's short length is a real boon when parking. IMO, it also looks a lot better than the regular Manza.

The market should heat up real well now, with new Dzire, Etios diesel and Manza CS. More power to the customer!

The only fly in the ointment that I can see is the 1.2L petrol engine from the Vista Safire. Unless it is given some serious tuning (1.2L T-Jet, anyone?), this will kill the sales of the Petrol version.

As for the diesel, Tata will probably equip it with the 75bhp FGT version and not the 90 bhp VGT, in interests of keeping costs down.
Old 17th August 2011, 07:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Awesome. It's great to have a better sub-4m sedan to upgrade to from the Indigo CS. The CS's short length is a real boon when parking. IMO, it also looks a lot better than the regular Manza.
I agree, the CS looks lot matured compared to the existing model. Add a rare spoiler and throw in good plastic for the interior and see the sales chart on fire.
Old 17th August 2011, 07:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.palaria View Post
Tata Manza Compact Sedan caught on Camera

The CS segment set to have a good tussle

1) Tata to launch the Manza CS -SCOOP - CarWale News

2) Tata Manza Compact Sedan caught on camera! | IndianCarsBikes.in

Minor changes to the front bumper design can make this car a decent looker. This is going to sell 4000+ provided they take care of the quality niggles + A.S.S.
Old 17th August 2011, 08:49   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy
I agree, the CS looks lot matured compared to the existing model. Add a rare spoiler and throw in good plastic for the interior and see the sales chart on fire.
+1.

This looks like a proper sedan based on Vista, as compared to the manza. Manza was always a good car, so the same formula in a cheaper vfm package should sell well.

But I strongly feel this will hurt Fiat Punto. Already we have seen Tata dealers pushing Punto customers towards manza (fiat engined sedan with more features at not so high prices). With manza CS, it will be a very strong choice on paper, compared to Punto.
Old 17th August 2011, 10:05   #6
BHPian

I'm guessing that the manza cs top end diesel will be priced at around 8lac otr - which puts it in the punto, i20, fabia, polo, micra, new swift d, fiesta classic, hyundai accent territory.

And looking at that list, there aren't many sedan competitors. The accent is getting old and the classic is not going to have too many takers either in the long run. Other possible competitors are the dzire cs - which i expect to be atleast 50k-80k more expensive than the manza cs if the rumors of the new swift pricing are true. Then there's the upcoming volkswagen sub 4m sedan (up!) and the honda brio sedan but those are both a few years away. The xylo cs, which may have similar pricing if priced aggressively but i expect cross shopping there to be low. So, it looks like a winner to me.

I'm pretty sure it'll take sales away from the punto. But i disagree with the statement that the manza will come with more features than the punto. I feel that it'll do so mostly on the basis of the sedan at hatchback price.

If we ignore the body style, then the punto will still come out ahead in the features department. The manza cs will come out ahead in the space and practicality department.

As an owner of a vista, i'll happily say that if i wanted to upgrade to an 8lac otr car, i'd pick the punto over the manza cs on the basis of features alone...but then, most people won't
Old 17th August 2011, 11:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

IMO they should have changed the design of tail light. Current ones look huge on the smaller boot. I feel Indigo to Indigo CS was a better job than this.

IIRC, even new Swift DZire will be sub 4mtrs sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
But I strongly feel this will hurt Fiat Punto. Already we have seen Tata dealers pushing Punto customers towards manza (fiat engined sedan with more features at not so high prices). With manza CS, it will be a very strong choice on paper, compared to Punto.
I disagree!! When I bought Punto 1.4 E-PK, similar speck i.e. top of the line Manza with the very same heart was 5K cheaper then my Punto.

IMO, If someone wants to buy a Fiat will by a Fiat no matter what else he/she could get with same or slightly lesser amount of money .

Last edited by HammerHead : 17th August 2011 at 11:48.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:39   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

So the details are out putting an end to the speculation of "Manza CS impossible" ! More products, more choices, more competition !! Ah, this is getting sweeter. On the first look, the nose looks too long, but there is something attractive about the Manza CS ! But even I guess they will keep the FGT 75 bhp version. I wish they put the 90 bhp version though.
Old 17th August 2011, 16:24   #9
BHPian

I feel that TATA`s should concentrate on the quality of its products rather than the quantity.

My uncle is a great fan of TATA`s and he buys only tata cars, he had an INDICA then upgraded to INDIGO and now he has a MANZA

the other day he called me and said that MANZA has finally proven that it is from the TATA`s stable. I was confused and asked him why?
he tried opening the door and the door handle came in to his hands, he was shocked because its not even a year old car.
Old 17th August 2011, 17:49   #10
BHPian

Hi,
Definetely a looker when compared to the bulbous regular Manza. The CS Manza looks a lot better than the regular Manza and looks like a south Indian heroine has lost a good lot flab and weight, just my way of analysis.

It is surely going to be a hit and improve the sales figures of the Manza once it is introduced. I will definetely consider buying one once it is introduced. One thing that Tata should take care of is not compromise with the back seat comfort and leg space though the boot space will come down.
Old 17th August 2011, 17:57   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

CS looks better than the regular Manza, except the tail lamp which seems to be over proportionate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
One thing that Tata should take care of is not compromise with the back seat comfort and leg space though the boot space will come down.
What is the case in Indigo CS? Leg room is reduced than Indigo? I haven't travelled in Indigo CS.
Old 17th August 2011, 18:01   #12
BHPian

Quote:
What is the case in Indigo CS? Leg room is reduced than Indigo? I haven't travelled in Indigo CS.
Even I dont know however I have travelled in both the old Indigo and the Indigo CS and did not feel much difference but anyone having better and concrete information can comment.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 18th August 2011 at 04:38. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 17th August 2011, 18:11   #13
BHPian

Will this car get the Vista's interiors or the Manza's? Both cars have a completely different layout & general preference is heavily towards the Manza's interiors.
Old 17th August 2011, 19:04   #14
Senior - BHPian

Tata have made a habit of it. The chopped boot looks well integrated on the Manza CS, just like the previous Indigo CS. Should help boost Manza numbers.
Old 17th August 2011, 20:30   #15
BHPian

Looks good. OTH, Indigo CS and now Manza CS have almost non-existent bumpers. Aren't the bumpers supposed to protect the body work when it 'bumps' into any obstacle? Sub-4m rule is hurting a lot of boots! It may not be a bad idea for aftermarket extended bumpers to be fixed. Are they available?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks