Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2011, 09:17   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Jetta launched @ Rs.14.12 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
May be on the 2012 version. I am sure the ACC will not be added to this car as an after thought.

For all said they may have even removed the sensor and electronics set up required for the ACC to function in sync with the set temperature and outside temperature.
2012 version? What is that? I thought this car will stay on for 3-4 years atleast in its current avatar.

Even I feel that VW will not rather cannot put ACC later as an after thought right? ICE etc is different. I see them more as part of accessories. But ACC is something very inherent to a car.
Old 30th August 2011, 10:27   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Guys, which editions are you talking about? I couldn't find TOI here in Cochin, nor did the Cochin edition of Hindi carry this ad. Maybe someone could scan and post it here?
In Chennai the cool ad came with The Hindu. I dont think it is possible to scan it, since the ad is size of the newspaper itself.

Remember, last time, VW came up with a musical ad and now with this silverish ad, my wifes it, only the ad, not VW.
Old 30th August 2011, 10:38   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Well the ACC omission is huge. I totally agree. And its been a very emotional last 2 weeks since this news trying to convince myself that "All is Well"!.
But other then that the safety feature list on the car is awesome.
If you liked the car, just go for it. ACC omission is a downer, but VW2010 explained it very well in a few posts above. Leatherette seats is another glitch, but quite a few manufacturers does not bother to even mention it, and just advertise as Leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Not just cost cutting but more in the line of increasing the electrical reliability.
Remember, German cars are known for bad reliability not due to mechanical parts but the number of electronic controls that work in sync with the mechanical parts.
That’s a good point. The scenario we have with European cars now is ‘less complex electronics the better’.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010
For that matter the Petrol Jetta will never be a big seller even in Indian market. So i doubt if they would employ such strategy.
Agree, but if they launch the 1.4TSi, it maybe a different story. It’s a superior engine, and I have seen my friends getting real-time mileage of 15+ km/l. In the current scenario, irrespective of you do 1000km or 10000km per month, diesel is the choice. That could slightly change if a better petrol motor comes through.
Old 30th August 2011, 11:36   #199
BHPian

Based on what i have read elsewhere in the forum, the issue with ACC, especially in our extremely polluted at most times stinking air is, all that air might be right inside your car because ACC decides to bring air inside.

I rather would prefer manual AC for this reason alone! In a manual i can decide when to use recirculation mode (city bumper to bumper/near open drains etc) and when not to (humid cold seasons on highways/country roads).

So missing out on ACC IMO is not big. But yes agree that it should be provided as an option.
Old 30th August 2011, 12:37   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Even I feel that VW will not rather cannot put ACC later as an after thought right? ICE etc is different. I see them more as part of accessories. But ACC is something very inherent to a car.
It is fairly easy to replace the manual controls for the aircon with an automatic control module. It has been done before in many instances such as in the Baleno by MSL, Optra Magnum by GM and in the Cedia by Mitsubishi. All of these cars initially had manual controls but market dynamics made pulled in the ACC. The Swift too is an example of this though the ACC and the manual coexist in this car depending on the variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
Based on what i have read elsewhere in the forum, the issue with ACC, especially in our extremely polluted at most times stinking air is, all that air might be right inside your car because ACC decides to bring air inside.

I rather would prefer manual AC for this reason alone! In a manual i can decide when to use recirculation mode (city bumper to bumper/near open drains etc) and when not to (humid cold seasons on highways/country roads).
Well the ACC too allows one to control the recirculation mode. In "Full Auto" mode it will decide the same but the moment you press the recirculation button the unit goes to "Auto" and carries on. It works the other way round too.

I believe VW is teting waters and will have to enhance the offered features in the months to come.
Old 30th August 2011, 15:29   #201
BHPian

My almost 8 yr old Hyundai Sonata came with climate control standard! Even most of the little Marutis come with climate control options these days.

To release a car in this price bracket without climate control is just not acceptable. I'm so pissed off with VW that its reason enough for me to not buy this car.
Old 30th August 2011, 17:04   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
My almost 8 yr old Hyundai Sonata came with climate control standard! Even most of the little Marutis come with climate control options these days.

To release a car in this price bracket without climate control is just not acceptable. I'm so pissed off with VW that its reason enough for me to not buy this car.

I cannot tell u in words how i feel the way you do. I had been waiting for a year for the new Jetta to come out and i was going to be the first one to buy one, but this has just been a deal breaker for me. I can understand Honda stinging on the ACC for the City and making money, but in the 20 Lakh segment its a joke and absolutely silly. Also, i agree with some other people on the forum that VW is testing waters and they will bring in the ACC very soon or they wont find buyers.
Old 30th August 2011, 17:49   #203
Senior - BHPian

There are many things in a car that will turn you on or off. There is No PERFECT car, or a phone or any piece of hardware for that matter (but then so is there no perfect wife/husband, forgive my pun). Some manufacturer will keep one thing, some will remove one thing. Some cars will be filled to the brim with all the features you can dream of, but wont last. Some may be filled with just the essentials but will last and last till you grow tired of driving them. Some wont give you a USB port, some wont give you Aux port, some wont give you either. Some may give you both and more but the car may cost a bomb. Some may handle like a dream but will have a rear end of Silk Smitha. Some may have a great back seat but will look like a grand uncle.

Bottom-line is, 'Driving Pleasure' according to me, matching your driving habits/needs/budget. If that is present in a car, rest is just addable/removable/livable.

Last edited by dkaile : 30th August 2011 at 18:08.
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 20:21   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post

So, you mean the govt. firms do not offer these, not the cashless system? So the pvt companies really offer such services for real? How often would we need them? Is it VFM and the way to go?
Druk 75, There is an informative thread here itself that considers these possibilities. Seems Tata AIG and Bajaj Allianz are quite popular.
Not sure whether govt. ins. companies offer cashless. A workaround ,I have seen is to get the bill from the workshop just before the work is over and produce it to the Insurance Company and get the cheque issued without (hopefully) much delay and then remit to the workshop ,along with balance payment for deductions made by the surveyor ,depreciation etc.
Agreed, for all this to happen you have to have a good working relation with your Insurance Company. I do (with mine) and have been quite satisfied with them.
jmktm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 21:37   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Bottom-line is, 'Driving Pleasure' according to me, matching your driving habits/needs/budget. If that is present in a car, rest is just addable/removable/livable.
The biggest aspect that should perhaps influence a buying decision is the driving pleasure at a fixed budget for an enthusiast.
For everybody else it is practicality.

And these are where Jetta has done extremely well. It is still a very good buy considering it is priced a little high.

And as far as some essential features are missing, well don't consider the base model, or go for laura. I wish we could have customized a car (like a dell laptop) and keep only what we need, but looks like it is a distant possibility for the indian market.
Old 31st August 2011, 10:35   #206
BHPian

Finally my dad is convinced that corolla is never going to come out with a diesel automatic and after looking at and feeling the new Jetta, is quite convinced to go ahead. Paid the booking amount. Delivery expected within a week (hopefully). Soon will be posting a Jetta 2.0 2011 Highline DSG review under the Initial Ownership reports.
Old 31st August 2011, 11:03   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Finally my dad is convinced that corolla is never going to come out with a diesel automatic and after looking at and feeling the new Jetta, is quite convinced to go ahead. Paid the booking amount. Delivery expected within a week (hopefully). Soon will be posting a Jetta 2.0 2011 Highline DSG review under the Initial Ownership reports.
Congratulations dude!! Which colour did you book? 1 week delivery sounds too good. Is it due to some connections or is the usual waiting time? I heard the waiting period is more like 4 weeks already!

Looking forward to your review. May be it will come in before the official one!!
Old 31st August 2011, 11:08   #208
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Congratulations! Looking forward to your ownership review. If you don’t mind, can you please let me know the deal / OTR (either as a response here or via PM)? Thanks!
Old 31st August 2011, 11:14   #209
BHPian

Booked the silver. The normal usual silver. There's another silver which looks a little greenish I think like the old Laura. Of course some connections helped the speeding up of the delivery. Probably this is the first lot of vehicles that has landed in chennai Surprised to see the DSGs landing. If we were to go for comfortline, we have to wait longer we were told.
Old 31st August 2011, 11:21   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
Congratulations! Looking forward to your ownership review. If you don’t mind, can you please let me know the deal / OTR (either as a response here or via PM)? Thanks!
Thanks. Check your PM. The OTR was 21.1L for the highline DSG. Will let know the exact OTR price once I get home. I'm working today.
deepakchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks