Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2011, 23:38   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Jetta launched @ Rs.14.12 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The interiors were spartan, boring, cheap, very un VW. No damped movement of glove box, no felt lining. Even a basic Octavia even the Old Honda City felt better built. There was no premium feeling.
Was this the Highline ??!!

The prev Jetta was in my shortlist last year. But the Trendline had felt kind of similar - specially after checking out the Comfortline.
Old 1st September 2011, 23:47   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Was this the Highline ??!!

The prev Jetta was in my shortlist last year. But the Trendline had felt kind of similar - specially after checking out the Comfortline.
I think it is. he did mention the paddle shift auto box.
Old 2nd September 2011, 02:25   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
In Chennai the cool ad came with The Hindu. I dont think it is possible to scan it, since the ad is size of the newspaper itself.

Remember, last time, VW came up with a musical ad and now with this silverish ad, my wifes it, only the ad, not VW.

Eh...you metropolitan guys... You seem to get all the fun in life first. Even the first Bhpian to get a Jetta is from Chennai i believe...

No ad of the Jetta in the newspapers here yet. BTW anybody saw the new Jetta TV ad? With the wings going away when he gets the car?
Old 2nd September 2011, 02:35   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Finally my dad is convinced that corolla is never going to come out with a diesel automatic and after looking at and feeling the new Jetta, is quite convinced to go ahead. Paid the booking amount. Delivery expected within a week (hopefully). Soon will be posting a Jetta 2.0 2011 Highline DSG review under the Initial Ownership reports.
Super congrats mate!!!! I'm so happy and thrilled for you. Also the fact that someone here (Its like family now!) will finally be having the Jetta to answer all our queries, about everything starting from GC to ACC! Hope you got your princess soon....

I hear the official review is all but ready and will go online anytime as we speak.......
Old 2nd September 2011, 03:15   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Booked the silver. The normal usual silver. There's another silver which looks a little greenish I think like the old Laura. Of course some connections helped the speeding up of the delivery. Probably this is the first lot of vehicles that has landed in chennai Surprised to see the DSGs landing. If we were to go for comfortline, we have to wait longer we were told.
Did you see this other silver? Leafy silver, its called I think. The SE says its a very attractive color? Cant seem to decide on a color to book. I thought braun or leafy silver, wife hates braun, I don't want white, silver or black....leaves only grey. Hmm...

Quote:
Thanks. Check your PM. The OTR was 21.1L for the highline DSG. Will let know the exact OTR price once I get home. I'm working today.
I would like to get some inside info too, if that's fine with you. Could you pm me as well? Planning to book the comfortline next week as soon as i get to go through our review or maybe some ownership review...like yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats!

My friend's car came last day; might pick it up tomorrow ( and if so I would post pix).
Waitng for your pictures and initial experience...also please pm me regarding otr and details plz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
Not sure about, but just got news that the GC is 159 mm. Could somebody reconfirm with their respective SA s ?
Cochin EVM Sales guy said its 139 but the figure is the lowest, ie., with maximum weight the car's lowest clearance is 139....I doubt the authenticity though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Just took the Jetta for a test drive in traffic as well as open stretches. Paddle shifts not as responsive as before. Laura is way more refined. Given they have the same engines. Much more responsive to throttle response. Laura is even more sportier when the drive is concerned. So go for the Laura DSG ambiente, elegance or LnK, always better value than Jetta.
Great to hear you drove the Jetta, but most of the TV reviewers are ravishing praises on the car, its ride, drive, handling etc.... Please enlighten us with more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Funny thing is, when I went to VW Downtown here to have a dekho I was told to wait. But a couple who came after me were shown the Vento immediatly. Either they don't have enough SA's for Jetta or they think its easier to close its sale.

Totally agree that the experience in a Skoda dealership is much more premium than a VW.
Huhh, this is pretty much outrageous. I am not being chauvinistic, but I feel we have every right to be treated well at these showrooms, no matter what car we are gonna buy. We are paying our hard earned dough, well it better be worth all the trouble then. If Volkswagen feels focusing on one hit product implies taking the foot off the other products, I don't see Volkswagen selling a lot of them cars. Such a shame, that they do not emphasize on proper training for the staff. Starting from etiquette to knowledge of the product they are selling.

When we went to the dealer here, at lest we were greeted warmly, and my son was immediately shown the play area, lest he begins touching and pulling at the plastics inside the new car! But that was it, no refreshments offered, not even for wife who was bored with my inspection of the car and went to the lounge to sit down. Moreover, though I was used to the fact that I always knew more than the exec when I visit other midrange showrooms and auto expos, I felt shocked and bad that the SE there did not have any details of the car, he said it was just brought in and unpacked. Many a times i felt the supreme urge to shout at him, dude, go read our forums at least!!!! I lost my cool hat, when he said the seats are all leather, the DRLs are only in Highline and DSG was an option in all variants!!! Pathetic to say the least....and till date no TD vehicle nor any sales pamphlets or brochures.

Wake up! Volkswagen! Before we do and go some place else. Just turning all attention to UP! the sales of cars for the common man, but forgetting the D segments and above is a big NO NO if you want to hold on to your "Premium" tag.
Old 2nd September 2011, 17:02   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123

I thought Jetta came only with leatherette and not full leather ?
Its leatherette. Seat plastics were on. Didn't notice the quality. What i did notice is that Jetta was lower on the road compared to Laura. Oh and i forgot!! I also get front parking sensors for the extra 5 lacs over the Laura Ambiente AT. No Climate control in Jetta highline. No Xenons, a 40k OEM option. Anyone still interested in the Jetta?
Old 3rd September 2011, 22:39   #232
BHPian

I'm a noob here, but have been actively following the forum for more than three years now. Received my posting rights today, and this is my first post. So, hi everyone. Guess an intro post is in order, and will do that in a day or two.

I test-drove the Jetta first in August 2009, then in Aug 2010, and then again in August 2011. Fell in love with the car the first time I drove it (it was an auto). Also loved it the second time - that was a manual. Finally booked a highline DSG this time (toffee braun).

So here's my 2 cents on the car:
- I get driven to work a lot, and am 6'1", so rear leg room was important, especially if I have to keep my laptop open. Wasnt comfortable with the leg room in the earlier Jetta. Same reason why the Laura didnt work for me either, though it is definitely better than the Jetta 5. Jetta 6 really sorted it out for me.
- The engine - As soon as you touch the pedal on this one, you know the impact that the higher powered engine has. Really feels right for a car of this size. Its not mind-blowing, but is more than adequate. It also makes teh right amount of noise.
- An auto was a must. For God knows what reason, VW decided not to offer an auto in the 2010 model, though it was loaded with everything else. The DSG just feels lovely. Hope the DSG horror stories are over in 2011 units. It feels great to have paddle shifts, though I doubt I will be using them much.
- Definite compromise in quality of materials in Jetta 6, though not really in fit and finish. Somehow I didn't feel it was that much of a compromise to have changed my decision.
- Ground clearance is not really an issue. On my test drive this time, my wife, parents, and 2 year old daughter were in the car in the back seat along with the sales exec ahead. Went through a stretch behind Inorbit Malad which has three nasty speed bumps. The underside did not touch one of them. I have to admit I was careful though.
- Lack of ACC is an irritant, but since I was never used to it, I guess I dont really understand what I'm losing. Will live with a climatic AC, as long as it doesn't mess up.
- Really irritated by why Bluetooth is not standard. Even my wife's i10 Asta AT has it. It really makes all the difference. Having an aftermarket thing which is not integrated with the stereo is not the same thing at all.
- In my opinion, the ride is as good, if not better than before. It was why I loved the Jetta in the first place. I somehow love the composure of the Jetta when you corner or brake. This one is really down to taste though. The Laura (L&K, which I've also test-driven) is good as well, but the drive just didn't do it for me.
- Leathers, halogens, all sorely missed, but again, I decided to focus on what was important to me.

Overall, in my mind, I know I'm paying around a lakh more than this car is worth, but i'm going with my heart on this one. Also, I'm clear in my mind as to why I'm not buying a Laura L&K, which was the only other serious option. So its booked, and will hopefully be delivered this month. Mods: now that I've written this, not sure whether this is the right place for the post to be.
Aurum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 12:09   #233
Team-BHP Support

I have a Jain friend who was looking for a luxury car all these years, but wasn't able to pick one because all luxury cars have leather seats and that goes against their religion.

Perhaps I could recommend the new Jetta to him then? Were cows or buffaloes harmed in the manufacture of this "Leatherette" thing?
Old 4th September 2011, 12:24   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ "Leatherette" or "art leather" is artificial, i.e. not of animal origin. Be wary of "touch leather" which uses part genuine leather and part art.

Best bet is get the fabric option (if available) and remove all doubt!
Old 4th September 2011, 12:29   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I have a Jain friend who was looking for a luxury car all these years, but wasn't able to pick one because all luxury cars have leather seats and that goes against their religion.

Perhaps I could recommend the new Jetta to him then? Were cows or buffaloes harmed in the manufacture of this "Leatherette" thing?
But, even Steering is wrapped with leather. Also the handbrake lever and gear lever housing. These are the part he would actually be holding. What would he do then?
Old 5th September 2011, 10:53   #236
BHPian

Test drove the Jetta last week and fell in love! (I'm afraid i cant say the same on behalf of my wallet! The pricing is on a higher side). Paid the booking amount though.
Sadly the Silver Leaf colour wasn't available immediately. Will get the delivery at the month end . Would love to post an initial ownership review of my Comfortline variant!!
Old 5th September 2011, 11:03   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Eh...you metropolitan guys... You seem to get all the fun in life first. Even the first Bhpian to get a Jetta is from Chennai i believe...

No ad of the Jetta in the newspapers here yet. BTW anybody saw the new Jetta TV ad? With the wings going away when he gets the car?
I'm from Mumbai and I am expecting the delivery of my vehicle by September end! Go Metros!

The Times Of India ad of the Jetta was awesome! But in my opinion they still need to educate the masses about the car. The Jetta has never been as popular as the Altis or the Civic.
Old 5th September 2011, 12:25   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Moderator: Thread closed. Please continue the discussion on the Team-BHP Official Jetta Review thread. (Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review) Thanks
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks