Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 08:28   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Jetta launched @ Rs.14.12 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post
My parents arn't willing to spend 1 ruppee more than the pre-designated budget[Which is max. 10 lakh] for my buying a car. If I still persist for buying the prev-gen Jetta, reasonably the only option for me is Used car/Second hand car market.
The old jetta is being offered at a discount of 1.65 - 1.75L discount. They have only the trendline models and that too november 2010 make. It seems VW had these standing at there yards and decided to send them to NCR for sale now. They are not TD vehicles. OTR price is 16.2L in delhi and after the discount comes to around 14.2L. Those are the best quotes I could manage to get.

Guys whats with this daddy vento/bigger vento/honey I blew up the Vento etc. Why can't we call it a baby Passat/smaller passat/honey I shrunk the passat! Or are we just trying to hard to find faults with the car?
Old 19th August 2011, 08:30   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
(may not be the appropriate place to discuss it - but I wonder why this car optra is always given a miss)
Optra is one of the most boring cars i have ever seen. No hard feelings, but when you have a cruze why would i even look at optra. At that price point the Manza looks far more enticing than the optra. To comparing Optra with the new jetta is definitely demeaning the new Jetta

Quote:
The old jetta is being offered at a discount of 1.65 - 1.75L discount. They have only the trendline models and that too november 2010 make. It seems VW had these standing at there yards and decided to send them to NCR for sale now. They are not TD vehicles. OTR price is 16.2L in delhi and after the discount comes to around 14.2L. Those are the best quotes I could manage to get.
I am not sure if the Trendline is a model i would choose from the old version. The comfortline had everything the highline now has and the only thing it didnt have was the electronically adjustable seating.

If they can give discounts on the old comfortline and you end up paying like 17L on road, its a great deal.

Either way i paid around 17.9 for the comfortline which includes all insurance and RTO. Not sure if 16.2 for the Trendline is really at a discounted price. Just my thought.

Last edited by VW2010 : 19th August 2011 at 08:33.
Old 19th August 2011, 08:49   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Optra is one of the most boring cars i have ever seen. No hard feelings, but when you have a cruze why would i even look at optra. At that price point the Manza looks far more enticing than the optra. To comparing Optra with the new jetta is definitely demeaning the new Jetta
Thats true. Chevy needs to revamp the exteriors atleast. But yea the car at its current price point is a good car provided you are fine with the exterior looks.

Quote:
Either way i paid around 17.9 for the comfortline which includes all insurance and RTO. Not sure if 16.2 for the Trendline is really at a discounted price. Just my thought.
Well all across Delhi they have only trendline models left and that too in black colour. I checked 3 different dealers just out of curiosity. It seems VW had these stocked at there plant and finally billed them to different dealers across delhi. The OTR price is 16.3L but after discounts thrown in it comes down to 14.3L OTR Delhi. The cars are all november 2010 models but are otherwise clean with around 30kms on the Odo. Having said that I will still not choose it as the new one looks so much more refreshing to me. Anyways buying an old model is not a very comforting idea. If there are budget constraints I will rather settle for the Cruze.

By the way VW2010 given the current feature list which variant looks most VFM to you? I couldn't see any reason to choose the comfortline over the trendline in the new Jetta. Highline is out of reach.

Last edited by drmohitg : 19th August 2011 at 08:51. Reason: text added.
Old 19th August 2011, 09:31   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The old jetta is being offered at a discount of 1.65 - 1.75L discount. They have only the trendline models and that too november 2010 make. It seems VW had these standing at there yards and decided to send them to NCR for sale now. They are not TD vehicles.
TD vehicles would be a terrible idea to go in for.

Even 9 month old vehicles may not be a smart idea, however with as much discount, one may want to take that risk. Proceed with caution, as you may be looking at niggles from a brand which isn't exactly cheap to repair.

Quote:
Guys whats with this daddy vento/bigger vento/honey I blew up the Vento etc. Why can't we call it a baby Passat/smaller passat/honey I shrunk the passat! Or are we just trying to hard to find faults with the car?
Guess it is to do with many more Vento's being seen than Passats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Quote:
Thats true. Chevy needs to revamp the exteriors atleast. But yea the car at its current price point is a good car provided you are fine with the exterior looks.
I presume you meant "Optra is one of the most boring 'looking' cars". It surely is a very un-boring car to drive or be driven in. Interiors are surely bland. Exteriors from the rear exude character IMO, but being seen as a lowly GM/Korean product and not a famed German, leads to some bais (including in me, to start with). I like how the Manza looks from the rear too, but not a a comprehensive whole.

Mate, drive a well maintained post-BS4 Optra Magnum diesel and a Manza, you wouldn't be hard pressed to still find the Manza worth going in for (unless for budget constraints). Rather if seen objectively, many would find little 'reason' to spend more for many other cars priced 2-4L more.

OT: Optra over Cruze - WAY better seating (and ergonomics on whole) in front and at back. Far more plush ride. Independent suspension. Much lower price and better FE, with similar torque.

Haven't been in the new Jetta, but the ride quality of the Optra is absolutely wonderful. If the Jetta matches it, I would see that as a compliment to VW.
Old 19th August 2011, 10:17   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I think the most likely reason for 139 mm ground clearance is printing mistake in the brochure. If you look at the pics on the first page, you can see that the tyres don't fill up the wheel arches properly - the suspension seems to be raised.
The ground clearance figure is the same even on VW.de, so I do not think it is a typo: that's how it has been designed.
As far as the tyres go, I think this car was designed to look good with 17 inchers; not that it is an option here.

But then again, if the Indian version is coming with a raised ground clearance (over and above the 139), that might explain the gaps in the wheel arches.

Last edited by crackingride : 19th August 2011 at 10:22.
Old 19th August 2011, 10:38   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

How bad is the 139 mm GC in the real world ( provided that its not a typo)? How will the suspension behave? Surely VW knows the state of Indian roads.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:05   #97
BHPian

Quote:
How bad is the 139 mm GC in the real world ( provided that its not a typo)? How will the suspension behave? Surely VW knows the state of Indian roads.
I run a Palio in Bangalore, and even with 170 mm, there are some very cleverly 'designed' speed breakers that catch the underside sometimes.

Buying a 18-20L VW to scrape along all the bumps in town seems to me a good way to make expensive mistakes!

I guess the first people off the line will tell us soon enough how real this clearance is for the real world.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:20   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How bad is the 139 mm GC in the real world ( provided that its not a typo)? How will the suspension behave?
The old jetta with stiffer suspension is at 154mm. And trust me that just escapes scraping. Just escapes. With 139mm and similar suspension set up i fell you will scrap more than a dozen speed brakers.

I feel the lower GC is to increase the FE technically. But works good in places like US or UK. Not sure if thats a good idea in India.

The old jetta at 154 will scrape a speed braker if your drive over 15KMPH. Below that it just glides slowly over them.

Though it is not exactly 170-180mm claimed by other cars, the suspension is stiff enough to take care of any speed brakers.

As i said previously in 6months i have scraped once driving a little faster. Else its not a problem. My Swift scrapes at some speed brakes which Jetta has avoided. When over a speed braker the Jetta does not indulge is extravagent movement as it does in my swift. Credit to the suspension.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:30   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmm so basically we gotta wait for some more clarity from VW regarding this or better still the official TBHP review. Because I just can't see how VW can get GC wrong in a car. Omission of features is different but basics like a steering wheel, 4 wheels to run on and decent GC to avoid playing see-saw on the Indian roads are a must in every car right? It must be more than the advertised 139mm on the website.
Old 19th August 2011, 13:38   #100
BANNED

the beetle is 120mm and phaeton is 129mm, people are going to buy this car left and right, its a hit for sure.
Old 19th August 2011, 13:44   #101
Senior - BHPian

A hit like Beetle and Phaeton are in Indian market

I had called up VW downtown a couple of weeks back to let me know when they had the car for TD. Today i get a call saying its there for display. When i asked when would they have one for TD, the sales advisor tells me "Why TD sir, people are already booking the car by just looking at the display vehicle". Wow .. what an attitude i must say by VW !!
Old 19th August 2011, 14:25   #102
BHPian

After seeing the pics again and again i some how dont like the looks of this vehicle.Its just too bland and mature looking for my taste i guess.IMO this is a car i would buy for my parents rather than myself
Old 19th August 2011, 14:30   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
A hit like Beetle and Phaeton are in Indian market

I had called up VW downtown a couple of weeks back to let me know when they had the car for TD. Today i get a call saying its there for display. When i asked when would they have one for TD, the sales advisor tells me "Why TD sir, people are already booking the car by just looking at the display vehicle". Wow .. what an attitude i must say by VW !!
Its the dealer attitude not VW mate. When will the day come when car dealers and SAs get trained better and start dealing with the customers in a professional way. I went to VW showroom yesterday night and unluckily the regular SA that I talk to there was on leave. This new guy comes to attend me and when I asked him about the Jetta he showed me the old one and started off explaining about it. On pointing out to him that it was the New model that I was interested in he said thats not a problem and they have started taking bookings for that too. The display car has still not arrived and on asking for a price list he got me one for the old car and insisted that its the one for the New jetta. Feeling helpless I came back and will go once my usual SA comes back!

Last edited by drmohitg : 19th August 2011 at 14:56.
Old 19th August 2011, 14:43   #104
Senior - BHPian

Do you really think a person who is paying 18L+ will care if it's a "dealer" attitude or "VW" attitude. For me, its one and the same. I am talking to a guy who is appointed by VW as my point of contact to buy their cars. If he is throwing attitude, why should i spend my hard earned money to buy their car. Its not as if it's diamond studded or something
Old 19th August 2011, 15:02   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Do you really think a person who is paying 18L+ will care if it's a "dealer" attitude or "VW" attitude. For me, its one and the same. I am talking to a guy who is appointed by VW as my point of contact to buy their cars. If he is throwing attitude, why should i spend my hard earned money to buy their car. Its not as if it's diamond studded or something
Yup thats true. But you can either be practical or act royal, have high principles and stay car-less. Agree with me or not but this plagues all the car companies across all the segments. I cannot talk about the cars upwards of 30L as I have never dealt with them. Till that mark everyone is the same. When there product sells and people come to them asking about it they all act like GOD. The same people will run behind you with a million courtesy calls and throw in freebies and discounts when the car is not selling. Its not fair but its what happens in our market. So if you want to single out VW for it and bash it here you are welcome to. The truth is customer is still treated the same everywhere. It just depends on what car you are looking at.

ps: Just ask the same SA about a Petrol AT Vento and see his tone and mannerisms change in no time!

Last edited by drmohitg : 19th August 2011 at 15:03.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks