Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2011, 16:34   #151
BHPian

Re: VW Jetta launched @ Rs.14.12 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The old jetta is being offered at a discount of 1.65 - 1.75L discount. They have only the trendline models and that too november 2010 make. It seems VW had these standing at there yards and decided to send them to NCR for sale now. They are not TD vehicles. OTR price is 16.2L in delhi and after the discount comes to around 14.2L. Those are the best quotes I could manage to get.
I was just told that they have both Trendline and Comfortline in black and the OTR prices quoted were 14.45L and 16.33L. According to the brochure that's a 2.15-2.30L discount, but perhaps they were already discounting list prices which may be what drmohitg is using for comparison.
Old 24th August 2011, 17:53   #152
Senior - BHPian

I would like some real world test drives and ownership threads before plunging into a 139mm GC car without Auto AC and costing nearly 18L on road (Top end DSG is 20L +). The state of totally washed and pot holed roads in our monsoons is quite different from German conditions offering the same GC.

Last edited by dkaile : 24th August 2011 at 18:06.
Old 24th August 2011, 18:06   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was just told that they have both Trendline and Comfortline in black and the OTR prices quoted were 14.45L and 16.33L. According to the brochure that's a 2.15-2.30L discount
If you are getting the old comfortline for 16.33L please buy it blind folded. The price quoted in chennai showroom is 19.45L. Thats over 3 L discount.

I feel the price quoted above are ex-show room as i have the price list and it almost the same quoted above as ex-show room here.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 19:09   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Fan View Post
I was just told that they have both Trendline and Comfortline in black and the OTR prices quoted were 14.45L and 16.33L. According to the brochure that's a 2.15-2.30L discount, but perhaps they were already discounting list prices which may be what drmohitg is using for comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
If you are getting the old comfortline for 16.33L please buy it blind folded. The price quoted in chennai showroom is 19.45L. Thats over 3 L discount.

I feel the price quoted above are ex-show room as i have the price list and it almost the same quoted above as ex-show room here.
They might have got some cars from VW may be. When I had enquired they had only black trendlines. There is no 3L rs discount people. Please dont get carried away. The OTR price of trendline in Delhi is 16.3L. And they are ready to give a discount of 1.7L. On pushing can be pushed to 1.8-1.9L max. I tried it across 2 dealers. This brings the OTR price after discount to around 14.2L. Please note this is with Delhi registration. If you get Haryana or chandigarh registration the cost may come down but then thats not called discount as that will be applicable to a new car as well. Hope this clears things.

PS: MODS please please post the review soon. I know you guys are very busy and I am being unfair but the wait is killing!
Old 24th August 2011, 19:24   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, those are OTR prices.
Old 24th August 2011, 22:18   #156
BHPian

Today called the VW Chennai showroom after seeing on the facebook page that bookings have started. To my surprise, Abbas said that the car has just arrived and was just being loaded on to the showroom. I was thrilled as my dad has been wanting to buy a Corrolla Altis D4D and I've been asking him to wait for the new Jetta. I asked if the DSG would only be available after a while and only the manuals will come first. He said nothing like that. All variants will be available from the word go. My dad and I went to the showroom and had a nice look around the car the Highline DSG Variant.

To our surprise, the manager was a relation of my dad's friend. When we talked of test drive, he said the test drive DSG Highline is on the way from the yard to the showroom and that he will give us the first test drive in Chennai. Both of us were very excited and waited at our workplace which is just a couple of kms from the showroom.

The car arrived in the next couple of hours at our doorstep. Toffee brown colour. New color. Didn't like it as much as the silver in the showroom. Dad was also for silver only. By the time the car came it was 6pm and it was peak traffic everywhere. The seats were softer than my old comfortline. Beige interiors. Excellent parking sensors with display on the audio system touch screen. Quieter than the outgoing version. The DSG is smoother than ever. Not that it wasn't already smooth. The difference in power my 110 vs this 140 was prominent. Dad was blown away with just a small test drive. I wasn't. I said I will come again during the weekend to have an extensive test drive. I think test drives aren't offered officially yet since RTO approval is still pending. Once they register it, I am going to have a blast with the DSG.
deepakchan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 08:50   #157
BHPian

Hello guys,
I had contacted one of the sales exec in VW here. He said only one black trend line is available, but it has been booked. He said, the manager would tell me about the offer ,if the booking is not confirmed. He said maximum they would offer one Lakh discount. If the offer is made to me,should I grab it? I have never test driven this vehicle. Apparently there seems to be some demand for this car. I think this should be 2 L tdi. Thanks in advance.
Ramesh
Old 25th August 2011, 10:42   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Hello guys,
I had contacted one of the sales exec in VW here. He said only one black trend line is available, but it has been booked. He said, the manager would tell me about the offer ,if the booking is not confirmed. He said maximum they would offer one Lakh discount. If the offer is made to me,should I grab it? I have never test driven this vehicle. Apparently there seems to be some demand for this car. I think this should be 2 L tdi. Thanks in advance.
Ramesh
1 lakh discount on the new Jetta Trendline? Or, are you talking of the old jetta?
Old 25th August 2011, 10:55   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
1 lakh discount on the new Jetta Trendline? Or, are you talking of the old jetta?
The just discontinued Jetta trendline. For the same in Delhi, they are offering about 1.5 lakh discount.sorry for the misunderstanding.
Rameshdude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 11:13   #160
BHPian

Has there been any new info on the GC issue ?. I am still assuming that this is a printing/cut and paste error. Even the Passat is having a min. GC of 150mm. Also looked up a previous thread; that even the previous gen Jetta( 154mm GC) was having clearance issues (though ,not deal breaking levels)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...al-report.html

If the guys lucky enough to get test drives could "drive" over a few speed breakers ,the matter could be rested. Till the review comes online we are in the dark,I suppose.
Old 25th August 2011, 11:34   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
jkdas - how much does it cost in Trivandrum, on the road? Asking you as you had done the research for your friend :-)
1608000/- for TrendLine. He is getting it in two weeks ( Silver) as another customer dont want silver !
Old 25th August 2011, 19:08   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was just told that they have both Trendline and Comfortline in black and the OTR prices quoted were 14.45L and 16.33L
I repeat again. If you are getting a comfortline for 16.33 L please forget the new Jetta and get the old one. The car is amazing that 16.33 is unimaginable.

14.4 for the trendline is something i would give a skip.
Old 25th August 2011, 20:21   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I repeat again. If you are getting a comfortline for 16.33 L please forget the new Jetta and get the old one. The car is amazing that 16.33 is unimaginable.

14.4 for the trendline is something i would give a skip.
Well 2 things here are imprtant:
1. The cars in Delhi are all nov 2010 make. It seems VW was holding on to them for unknown reasons and have dispatched now. So it means they were standing idle for a good 9-10 months. I will be a little apprehensive. This might change in other cities though so make sure you check the VIN number and confirm it.
2. The looks of the new car are radically different. After spending 16L one should not feel bored with there decision. This applies to me atleast !
Old 26th August 2011, 22:55   #164
Team-BHP Support

The New Jetta review from Autocar India. Something to chew on until we get the official review
vb-saan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 23:29   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

That was interesting but usually these video reviews are so inadequate. They just start with it and before you know the review is over :(. Mods when is our review coming?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed