Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 12:51   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
I saw some funny circular pegs sticking out of the carpet and asked about it at VW Downtown, Bangalore.

The reply was that they were for the mats, but that the mats were not supplied! Someone might want to corroborate this.
Floor mats are standard on the top-end Highline. Chargeable extra for TL & CL. The funny circular pegs are a safety feature to prevent the mats from sliding under your control pedals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
crackingride,
also heated seats are no more the part of the car, I think this is because the seats are now being made locally, which is the worst thing to happen to this car

Regards,
No seats are not being made locally. Heated seats tied to genuine leather. Now that leatherette is offered, tush-warmers can be left out!

Last edited by GTO : 1st September 2011 at 16:58. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 31st August 2011, 18:18   #212
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Jetta launched @ Rs.14.12 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
No seats are not being made locally. Heated seats tied to genuine leather. Now that leatherette is offered, tush-warmers can be left out!
Heated seats are an option on the US spec Jetta with leatherette seats (I have them). I guess the local sources are not making heated seats for VW, which may not be a necessity in India anyway..
Old 1st September 2011, 09:47   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Booked the silver. The normal usual silver. There's another silver which looks a little greenish I think like the old Laura. Of course some connections helped the speeding up of the delivery. Probably this is the first lot of vehicles that has landed in chennai Surprised to see the DSGs landing. If we were to go for comfortline, we have to wait longer we were told.
Congrats!

My friend's car came last day; might pick it up tomorrow ( and if so I would post pix).
Old 1st September 2011, 10:42   #214
Team-BHP Support

Popped into Elite motors. Bit like a market, no one to direct you to the cars. Look around errr Beetle, Vento, Vento, Polo,

Turn to walk out, oh, its Beetle, Vento, Jetta, Polo, I forgot to read the number plate which would distinguish the thing.

Elite failed to improve the showroom appeal of it. All the plastics were on the steering wheel, seats etc so I did not get a good feel of the ambience. Car was filthy inside. Even then, looking beyond the plastic, I found more plastic. The interiors were spartan, boring, cheap, very un VW. No damped movement of glove box, no felt lining. Even a basic Octavia even the Old Honda City felt better built. There was no premium feeling.

The chassis may be a different story but I did not feel like paying 22 lakhs for this. It made me want to spent a lakh more on an Octy L&K or a Superb
Old 1st September 2011, 13:11   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Popped into Elite motors. Bit like a market, no one to direct you to the cars. Look around errr Beetle, Vento, Vento, Polo,

Turn to walk out, oh, its Beetle, Vento, Jetta, Polo, I forgot to read the number plate which would distinguish the thing.

Elite failed to improve the showroom appeal of it. All the plastics were on the steering wheel, seats etc so I did not get a good feel of the ambience. Car was filthy inside. Even then, looking beyond the plastic, I found more plastic. The interiors were spartan, boring, cheap, very un VW. No damped movement of glove box, no felt lining. Even a basic Octavia even the Old Honda City felt better built. There was no premium feeling.

The chassis may be a different story but I did not feel like paying 22 lakhs for this. It made me want to spent a lakh more on an Octy L&K or a Superb

You are right about the VW Showrooms, they are an absolute disgrace. No one is properly trained (ive been to VW South and VW North in Delhi) and the showrooms are poorly designed. No one really attends to a customer especially the way a Jetta or Passat buyer should be treated. Im not joking when i say i felt like i was in a low end Maruti dealership when i was inside VW North. Compare this to sister brand Skodas showrooms, they have a distinct premiumness to them.
Old 1st September 2011, 13:28   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

Even then, looking beyond the plastic, I found more plastic. The interiors were spartan, boring, cheap, very un VW. No damped movement of glove box, no felt lining. Even a basic Octavia even the Old Honda City felt better built. There was no premium feeling.

Ajmat is it a part of the teaser review. When is the full report comng up?
Old 1st September 2011, 14:25   #217
BHPian

Not sure about, but just got news that the GC is 159 mm. Could somebody reconfirm with their respective SA s ?
Old 1st September 2011, 14:58   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
You are right about the VW Showrooms, they are an absolute disgrace. No one is properly trained (ive been to VW South and VW North in Delhi) and the showrooms are poorly designed. No one really attends to a customer especially the way a Jetta or Passat buyer should be treated. Im not joking when i say i felt like i was in a low end Maruti dealership when i was inside VW North. Compare this to sister brand Skodas showrooms, they have a distinct premiumness to them.
Try VW west. The one at moti nagar right opposite Galaxy toyota. I found them slightly better then the others and they claim that they are the biggest dealers in NCR. VW north is a very sad place with weird looking staff including the owner. The behavior is shocking to say the least. Do avoid them incase you are looking at a VW car.
Old 1st September 2011, 15:05   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
Ajmat is it a part of the teaser review. When is the full report comng up?
Nope, two other mods tested the car. Review should be up should, I understand!
Old 1st September 2011, 17:59   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Same here; even the way they communicate or interact with us!
Old 1st September 2011, 18:21   #221
Senior - BHPian

Funny thing is, when I went to VW Downtown here to have a dekho I was told to wait. But a couple who came after me were shown the Vento immediatly. Either they don't have enough SA's for Jetta or they think its easier to close its sale.

Totally agree that the experience in a Skoda dealership is much more premium than a VW.
Old 1st September 2011, 19:19   #222
Senior - BHPian

Just took the Jetta for a test drive in traffic as well as open stretches. Paddle shifts not as responsive as before. If i opt for automatic highline, i end up paying 5 lacs more over Laura Ambiente DSG, which i currently own, for leather seats, touch screen audio, and steering controls. Laura is way more refined. Given they have the same engines. Much more responsive to throttle response. Laura is even more sportier when the drive is concerned. So go for the Laura DSG ambiente, elegance or LnK, always better value than Jetta.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 23:02   #223
BHPian

Thanks adi. where is that elusive test drive report from the mods? I will probably need to replace my F5 key by the time I see the report.
Old 1st September 2011, 23:15   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Just took the Jetta for a test drive in traffic as well as open stretches. Paddle shifts not as responsive as before. If i opt for automatic highline, i end up paying 5 lacs more over Laura Ambiente DSG, which i currently own, for leather seats, touch screen audio, and steering controls. Laura is way more refined. Given they have the same engines. Much more responsive to throttle response. Laura is even more sportier when the drive is concerned. So go for the Laura DSG ambiente, elegance or LnK, always better value than Jetta.
I thought Jetta came only with leatherette and not full leather ?
Old 1st September 2011, 23:19   #225
BHPian

New Jetta does only come in pseudo leather.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed