Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2011, 22:52   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Frustrated Etios owner places Ad with complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munish myetios View Post
Please visit the Mahindra showroom and then make the comment - "ETIOS and Verito have the same weather gasket design". I believe you are more experienced than me in automobiles and how you can miss the difference in wather gaskets. I would request you to please observe the weather gaskets and shielding present in Logan or Verito but it is missing in ETIOS.
Took a look at my friend's Palio and spotted the difference. Thanks for explaining it.

These are my observations on it.

1) I've never faced an issue because of this missing additional rubber gasket at the top. Neither any leak issues, nor any dirt coming into the car. I'm not sure, if this additional rubber gasket will have any huge impact.

2) Even if it does have an impact, this is not such a huge factor, because this is something which can be easily corrected. If Toyota is not correcting it even for their new models, either they are confident that this design is not going to cause issues or they are planning for something better which is being tested.

Quote:
Please be honest in your comments as we are just the buyers and not the manufacturers. Your views are PRO and my views are CON. But ultimately it is good for the prospective buyer to read such good debates.
I'm happy to support people when they genuinely have a problem. But, the way you were trying to bash a brand for a car with a mix of genuine & non-genuine comments were not good. 2 areas where I completely disagree with you on is pick-up and braking which for Etios Petrol is one league above the competition.

Quote:
Before buying ETIOS I was driving cars but never thought that NVH could be so important for the driver and passengers. But Toyota ETIOS taught me the significance and existence of Noise, Vibration in the car. If the car is Noisy and vibrating, then it is not comfortable car.Toyota ETIOS is not a comforable car.
For you, it's not a comfortable car. For me, it's a comfortable car and same is the case with majority of the owners ( infact, I don't find a single owner in team-bhp who do not find this car comfortable. ). For a car with 1000 kgs kerb weight, it offers amazing comfort level ( better than the heavier Dzire for sure ) and better than many costly cars which are already discussed in other forum threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
We own a Palio Petrol and Logan Diesel. A test drive of Etios Diesel doesn't impress me at all. Etios is noisier inside and ride is not so good when compared with the Logan.
Etios is noisier, but is much more peppier than the Logan ( maybe due to the lower kerb weight ) for sure. Add to that the reliability and durability of D-4D and the excellent after sales of Toyota. Even though the ride quality is not as good as the Logan, it's better than its main competitor - the Dzire and provides very good space inside as well which the Swift doesn't have. So, it all depends on the audience. For some people, Etios makes sense while for others, Dzire or Logan makes more sense.

Last edited by amalji : 16th November 2011 at 23:00.
Old 16th November 2011, 23:59   #302

[quote=amalji;2580317]
Quote:
Took a look at my friend's Palio and spotted the difference. Thanks for explaining it.
Amalji thanks for acknowledging that Toyota ETIOS does not have the very much needed weather gaskets which prevent dust and dirt from entering the large gap spaces between the door and the car body frame. Also in the absence of these weather gaskets in Toyota ETIOS this huge gap practically creates a huge gap of more than 25mm which is sufficient to allow the cockroaches, insects and even lizard to get inside the door frames and these insects can enter the passenger cabin as soon as you enter the Toyota ETIOS car on opening the door.

[quote=amalji;2580317]
Quote:
These are my observations on it.
1) I've never faced an issue because of this missing additional rubber gasket at the top. Neither any leak issues, nor any dirt coming into the car. I'm not sure, if this additional rubber gasket will have any huge impact.
2) Even if it does have an impact, this is not such a huge factor, because this is something which can be easily corrected. If Toyota is not correcting it even for their new models, either they are confident that this design is not going to cause issues or they are planning for something better which is being tested.
Buddy I respect your ardent support towards TOYOTA and is quite natural because I was also a strong supporter like you and always thought that TOYOTA could never do anything wrong. This will hold true if TOYOTA will keep on cosmetically modifying the existing vehicles (Innova, Corolla, Camery) and not experimenting the new vehicles which are copied design like ETIOS which is a disaster wasting the money and trust of common Indian people.
Toyota can only modify the shapes keeping the same engine and can not develop new models.

[quote=amalji;2580317]
Quote:
I'm happy to support people when they genuinely have a problem. But, the way you were trying to bash a brand for a car with a mix of genuine & non-genuine comments were not good. 2 areas where I completely disagree with you on is pick-up and braking which for Etios Petrol is one league above the competition.
I thank you for acknowledging the serious flaws in Toyota ETIOS. I have not studied Automobile engineering but my driving experience makes me a good judge with the vehicles that I own. Toyota is not a great company becuase they master in producing the same technology in the same vehicle. This copying act does not make a company great, A company is great which understands the sentiments of the buyer and does not ignore its customers.
Missing weather gaskets is a design issue and it requires guts to acknowledge the flaws in the ETIOS.

Toyota focuses more on Service because majority of drivers are not educated on the importance of routine maintenance and routine wear and tear but with Toyota focuses on Service so that their vehicles perform better.

My wagon R is serviced regularly and even after 11 years its is much better than Toyota ETIOS, also acknowledged by Toyota technical team which came to inspect my ETIOS.

Toyota ETIOS is a very basic car and can only convince buyers who is buying sedan for the first time.

[quote=amalji;2580317]
Quote:
For you, it's not a comfortable car. For me, it's a comfortable car and same is the case with majority of the owners ( infact, I don't find a single owner in team-bhp who do not find this car comfortable. ). For a car with 1000 kgs kerb weight, it offers amazing comfort level ( better than the heavier Dzire for sure ) and better than many costly cars which are already discussed in other forum threads.
Team BHP membership is restricted to only few people and all the ETIOS buyers dont have time and dedication like you and me to write reviews, but I personally know so many people who are not not happy with their ETIOS. I have known many people because of my website and web presence. The day is not too far when ETIOS will become a black spot in Toyota history.

I am sorry I dont understand these technical terms but I know one thing that Noise and vibratioons play a very important role in deciding the usability of any car. After sitting in Toyota ETIOS and then sitting in some other car honda city, wagon R etc it makes you understand the significance of NVH.

There is no point in buying Toyota ETIOS which makes all sorts of noises and vibrations like auto Rickshaw.

I was just going through your twitter account and I can say that you very strongly work in favor of Toyota. All your tweets (4822 No.s) are PRO Toyota. Full marks to you. 10-ON-10. Happy Motoring. https://twitter.com/#!/search/amalji

[quote=amalji;2580317]
Quote:
Etios is noisier, but is much more peppier than the Logan ( maybe due to the lower kerb weight ) for sure. Add to that the reliability and durability of D-4D and the excellent after sales of Toyota. Even though the ride quality is not as good as the Logan, it's better than its main competitor - the Dzire and provides very good space inside as well which the Swift doesn't have. So, it all depends on the audience. For some people, Etios makes sense while for others, Dzire or Logan makes more sense.
As you agree that Toyota ETIOS ride quality is not good. Toyota has failed in an attempt to produce new platform of Toyota ETIOS.They have wasted the money of Indian buyers.

I only know Toyota with my ETIOS experience and it is an disappointment for Indians like me who trust Toyota.

If Toyota has some care they should take back my ETIOS which I do not drive because of Quality issues. I have driven it only 2000 km in 9 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Frustrated Etios owner places Ad with complaints-etios-missing-weather-gasket-all.jpg  

Frustrated Etios owner places Ad with complaints-etios-missing-weather-gasket-3.jpg  

Frustrated Etios owner places Ad with complaints-etios-missing-weather-gasket-1.jpg  

Frustrated Etios owner places Ad with complaints-outside.jpg  

Munish myetios is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 06:34   #303
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Etios is noisier, but is much more peppier than the Logan ( maybe due to the lower kerb weight ) for sure. Add to that the reliability and durability of D-4D and the excellent after sales of Toyota.
The Logan engines have also proved to very reliable. Quite a few Meru Taxi's in Bangalore/Hyderabad have crossed 2 lakhs kms. Every time I speak to the drivers on the engine maintenance they are all praises on the high reliability of these engines.

The door design in the Etios and Logan are very different. The Logan door frames wraps around the body hence you do not see any gaps between the door and body. It will be obviously superior to the Etios design, at least logically. How much a difference it makes, I cannot comment as I do not own these cars.
Old 17th November 2011, 08:38   #304
BHPian

OT and My views on Big T.

In India, Toyota is smiling all the way to bank ever since they stepped in here. Their Rock solid reliability, perceived brand value and good A.S.S is making them sell and be up there.
Scenarios have changed in the last 3-5 years. Buyers are lot more informed now. Buyers have several choices from Nano to Ferraris.

My cousin drives fortuner; I have driven this b/w Bang to Kanyakumari. Honestly I love its road presence and butch look, that's all !!! Is it worth 22+ Lakhs, Heck no way !!! The Interiors, ride comfort is rubbish at that price point.

Let's take Etios now - My collegue owns this and I have driven this quite a lot since we all have this habit of swapping cars for weekend getaways.
My personal Opinion on ETIOS "Toyota stripped everything they can to produce a bare metal body car, and they proudly call it as 'Made for India'". And by the way, it isn't cheap either. Toyota is charging for the perceived brand value here.

If this type of car with so many (evident and eye sore) cost cuts were made with any of new models by either Tata or Maruti, I can only imagine the amount of brand bashing and -ve publicity.

Still, Big T is leader in couple of segments (Innovas and Fortuners). But I don't see them being their for long since with every passing month, Indian customers are getting new launches from competation.

Will I Own a Toyota in India - Yes, ofcourse. Will bet my money on Big T, the day they start treating us like their global customers.

Will I Own a Liva or Etios or Fortuner - NO and won't recommend either.
harishpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 11:55   #305
Senior - BHPian

I think it is time to acknowledge that the missing door seals is a design flaw. I don't see the point in arguing against it as the images posted by munish speak a 1000 words. And I can also imagine insects and lizards hiding in there because these critters are common in some parts on India, especially the UP region. Unlike the rats common in Bangy, these critters can hide in the door frame.

It is also evident from the images that neither the door locking mechanism, nor the latch point on the frame are protected from the elements. Wonder how long this mechanism will last in wet climates. My suggestion would be to park it in a covered and well ventilated area if going on vacation. And also get em serviced as a precaution regularly.

As suggested, it is a simple fix, but I don't have as much confidence as some others that Toyota does really see this as an issue.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 12:10   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM
I think it is time to acknowledge that the missing door seals is a design flaw. I don't see the point in arguing against it as the images posted by munish speak a 1000 words.
+ 1 to this.

Yesterday we had a Etios demo at our office complex. They had a Liva and the sedan version. Since I had already taken a TD long time ago, this time I only wanted to check out what Munish was complaining about. From my observation, the door did not have any rubber gasket (it is all metal), while most cars have it. Not sure if this is cost-cutting, but if it was not required, others could also omit it and save money. So maybe there is a point to the issue raised by Munish.

I took a snap, but some issue with transferring it to my PC.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 16:42   #307
Senior - BHPian

Ah the door in first pic (post #302) really looks very dirty really. Its quite not acceptable, for it to become so dirty. I have owned/driven few cars (from M800 to H City) but never seen anything like this.

Looks like Munish does have a very valid point here gentlemen. So instead of ridiculing him, I think we should think on the lines of helping him find a solution. He has already intimated that Toyota service is not listening. Maybe some other better dealer/service center can solve his problems (Toyota owners can suggest some dependable service centers) or even otherwise there has to be a solution from the company itself. This sort of thing is a serious design flaw. I dont see any dirt accumulating INSIDE my car (i10) howsoever dirty/dusty it is on the outside. I really feel Munish now.

Last edited by joslicx : 17th November 2011 at 16:43.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 11:04   #308
Senior - BHPian

Actually I told the Toyota salesguys about the problem faced by Munish, but they said they are not aware of anything being done for that. When asked why no gasket on doors, they said, "It is like that only". And that they are not aware of anything being done to add gaskets to the doors.
Old 18th November 2011, 19:04   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Amalji thanks for acknowledging that Toyota ETIOS does not have the very much needed weather gaskets which prevent dust and dirt from entering the large gap spaces between the door and the car body frame. Also in the absence of these weather gaskets in Toyota ETIOS this huge gap practically creates a huge gap of more than 25mm which is sufficient to allow the cockroaches, insects and even lizard to get inside the door frames and these insects can enter the passenger cabin as soon as you enter the Toyota ETIOS car on opening the door.
Agree to your first statement. But, the second statement is an exaggeration, I would say. I've never seen any lizards/cockroaches on top of my cars ( forget inside ) in 12 years of driving. 1 month of Etios ownership - no lizard/cockroach problems as of now. And I'm sure, other Etios owners except Mr. Munish also should have a similar experience. Anyway, I'll take your comment, monitor for cockroaches and lizards after parking in extreme conditions, and then give my feedback on it. Maybe, other Etios owners can do that as well.

Quote:
Toyota can only modify the shapes keeping the same engine and can not develop new models.
I don't care about what methodology they follow as long as they give me a very good product. My father came from Saudi yesterday. He is used to Camry and Corolla there. After traveling in the car from airport to home, his comment was - "This feels like Petrol". It's the smooth acceleration and lack of vibration that made him say so. I know that Etios Petrol is not refined as the K-Series, but I've driven it and have never felt the vibrations as bad except when the engine is started.
Quote:
I thank you for acknowledging the serious flaws in Toyota ETIOS. I have not studied Automobile engineering but my driving experience makes me a good judge with the vehicles that I own. Toyota is not a great company becuase they master in producing the same technology in the same vehicle. This copying act does not make a company great, A company is great which understands the sentiments of the buyer and does not ignore its customers.
Missing weather gaskets is a design issue and it requires guts to acknowledge the flaws in the ETIOS.
Don't put words into my mouth. I never used the term - "serious design flaw anywhere". If you read my comments properly, you will understand that my opinion is that you are creating a mountain out of a mole, and I still stand by that.

Quote:
Toyota focuses more on Service because majority of drivers are not educated on the importance of routine maintenance and routine wear and tear but with Toyota focuses on Service so that their vehicles perform better.
Now, this is the attitude that best describes you. Even for something that Toyota is doing good on, you find a way to bash the brand. Such comments will only degrade your reputation on the public domain.

Sometimes, I even think that you are being hired by Toyota to ignite the buyers of Etios to post good reviews on their cars. Just joking.

I've talked with an Innova owner while doing my first service for Etios. He mentioned that it's much cheaper to maintain his innova than his Swift Diesel. I was surprised and asked him why. He told me that the frequency of replacements is much lesser on his innova. That was very re-assuring for me. I hope, Etios stays that way as well. With regards to service, I am very much impressed with the service as of now. I hope, it stays that way.

Quote:
Toyota ETIOS is a very basic car and can only convince buyers who is buying sedan for the first time.
Wrong. My old car was an Esteem. Plus, I've driven Baleno and Lancer Petrol extensively. I've a friend who owns both Dzire Petrol ( mostly used by his wife ) and Etios Petrol. He prefers his Etios Petrol any day over the Dzire. His name is Krish Suri. If you need me to invite him here, I can do that.

Quote:
Team BHP membership is restricted to only few people and all the ETIOS buyers dont have time and dedication like you and me to write reviews, but I personally know so many people who are not not happy with their ETIOS. I have known many people because of my website and web presence.
Almost all cars will have its set of unsatisfied users for one reason or the other. What you are doing right now is seeing the world through a glass with a "negative filter" fitted on it. With regards to me, I've interacted with more than 20 Etios owners by now and all but one ( Mr. Munish ) is satisfied with the car.

Quote:
I am sorry I dont understand these technical terms but I know one thing that Noise and vibratioons play a very important role in deciding the usability of any car. After sitting in Toyota ETIOS and then sitting in some other car honda city, wagon R etc it makes you understand the significance of NVH.
Don't compare with cross segments. As I said, my Zen has a quiter engine than a Baleno. That doesn't mean Zen is a better vehicle than the Baleno. Compare it with Dzire, it makes sense. And yes, I agree that NVH of Etios Petrol is more than that of the Dzire. In fact, every reviewer, every person who has used the vehicle has acknowledged that. If that was such an important factor for you, you should never have bought this car. I can only find fault with the buyer here for not doing a proper research on the car he was about to buy. It's like blaming Maruti for cargo like ambiance on the rear and lack of space after buying a Swift. This design never had the ambiance or glass area as a priority. It was the sportiness from outside which was the priority in the case of Swift. So, a person who needs more glass area and better ambiance should go for another car instead of buying the car and then blaming this specific design in 10 different ways to create a mountain out of a mole.

Quote:
There is no point in buying Toyota ETIOS which makes all sorts of noises and vibrations like auto Rickshaw.
I like such stupid comparisons because genuine people will understand the real intentions of the author.

Quote:
I was just going through your twitter account and I can say that you very strongly work in favor of Toyota. All your tweets (4822 No.s) are PRO Toyota. Full marks to you. 10-ON-10. Happy Motoring. https://twitter.com/#!/search/amalji
Wow, that was a great observation.

1) I appreciate your patience in reviewing my 4800 odd tweets.
2) Since, you made an observation that all my tweets are pro-toyota, I myself decided to do a sample analysis of my last 100 tweets. Unfortunately, my findings might be a bit disappointing for you. Only 14 out of my last 100 tweets were on Toyota or on Etios. You've to consider the fact that I've been researching on Etios and then bought an Etios Diesel myself, and was involved with this car during this period.
3) If you think that my comments were one-sided, I would recommend that you get your eyes checked up. From the same sample, here are some of my tweets.

Quote:
8 - Will miss Maruti's Care for sure. Will have to be satisfied with the consolation that "Atleast, it's better than Tata & Fiat"
39 - Taking feedback from Etios Owners. Most of them have one common opinion about it - "Do not expect Maruti like customer care from Toyota."
48 - FIAT produces real classy vehicles like Punto & Linea. But, thanks to FIAT not caring about customer support, it sold a meagre 678 & 150!
49 - Reliable Ever-lasting Engine,gearbox and the best customer support helps Maruti stay on top inspite of a huge surge in competition.
50 - September Car sales toppers 1) Maruti Alto(21,198) 2) WagonR(13,301) 3) Maruti Swift(11329) 4) Tata Indica+Vista(10282) 5) Hyundai i10(9784)
55 - Workers @ Maruti Manesar plant is killing a great indian automobile brand with their deeds. Hope, Maruti gets out of this mess soon. :-(
69 - With regards to performance, on open roads, swift will surely be the winner.But on typical kerala highways, liva might out perform the swift
70 - Swift = refined, powerful, stylish, classy. Liva = driveable, practical, ergonomic, safe. #swift vs #liva #diesel.
80 - @tharunova with etios for now. don't brain wash, because sx4 is certainly one of my favorites. Parting with maruti service is tough as well
82- The experience we get from a maruti dealer is much better than what we get from toyota.
84 - The experience we get from a maruti dealer is much better than what we get from toyota.
97 -Nissan's sedan offering - Sunny pricing is spot on.
4) I'm really glad that you brought up this point, because that helps me explain the amount of exaggeration you use in your posts to fellow members.

Quote:
As you agree that Toyota ETIOS ride quality is not good. Toyota has failed in an attempt to produce new platform of Toyota ETIOS.They have wasted the money of Indian buyers.
Another Classic case of exaggeration, "putting words in my mouth", and "negative filter". For heaven's sake, what I told was that the ride quality is not good as the Logan. But, it's definitely better than the Dzire and is closer to the drive quality of the Logan than the Dzire. Each car has its pros and cons. Check the official team-bhp review and see what they have to say about it.

Quote:
If Toyota has some care they should take back my ETIOS which I do not drive because of Quality issues.
If, I was Toyota, I would have bought back the car from you and maybe replaced it with a quieter electric car like Reva because it's much easier to do that than spend time and energy mitigating negative energy. The saved time can be used to keep improving the product.

Quote:
I have driven it only 2000 km in 9 months.
Atleast drive it for 3000 kms, for the ECU to get into a different tuning mode as mentioned by several Etios Petrol owners here. Many in the forum has reported an improved mileage post 3000 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
The Logan engines have also proved to very reliable. Quite a few Meru Taxi's in Bangalore/Hyderabad have crossed 2 lakhs kms. Every time I speak to the drivers on the engine maintenance they are all praises on the high reliability of these engines.
Happy to hear that. Logan is a very good car where practicality is given priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Ah the door in first pic (post #302) really looks very dirty really. Its quite not acceptable, for it to become so dirty. I have owned/driven few cars (from M800 to H City) but never seen anything like this.
@joslicx - Infact, I've been using the Etios for month. I've stopped washing my car for about 7 days now since I wanted to see how dirty it can get. Unfortunately, I'm not able to replicate Mr. Munish' car. I may have to pour some mud. I'll continue monitoring. Also, please note the fact that Mr. Munish doesn't want to clean the door trims. It's like an ego issue. When I used to wash my car, it took me 2 minutes and 35 seconds to clean all 4 door trims. I really clocked it, since I wanted to see how much of a problem it was. From my usage, it is not an issue at all. It can be cleaned very easily. But, I'll keep on monitoring my car without cleaning for another week or 2. We'll see how bad it can get.

Last edited by amalji : 18th November 2011 at 19:20.
amalji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 20:48   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji

Don't put words into my mouth. I never used the term - "serious design flaw anywhere". If you read my comments properly, you will understand that my opinion is that you are creating a mountain out of a mole, and I still stand by that.

Now, this is the attitude that best describes you. Even for something that Toyota is doing good on, you find a way to bash the brand. Such comments will only degrade your reputation on the public domain.

Sometimes, I even think that you are being hired by Toyota to ignite the buyers of Etios to post good reviews on their cars. Just joking.

I've talked with an Innova owner while doing my first service for Etios. He mentioned that it's much cheaper to maintain his innova than his Swift Diesel. I was surprised and asked him why. He told me that the frequency of replacements is much lesser on his innova. That was very re-assuring for me. I hope, Etios stays that way as well. With regards to service, I am very much impressed with the service as of now. I hope, it stays that way.

Wrong. My old car was an Esteem. Plus, I've driven Baleno and Lancer Petrol extensively. I've a friend who owns both Dzire Petrol ( mostly used by his wife ) and Etios Petrol. He prefers his Etios Petrol any day over the Dzire. His name is Krish Suri. If you need me to invite him here, I can do that.

Almost all cars will have its set of unsatisfied users for one reason or the other. What you are doing right now is seeing the world through a glass with a "negative filter" fitted on it. With regards to me, I've interacted with more than 20 Etios owners by now and all but one ( Mr. Munish ) is satisfied with the car.

Don't compare with cross segments. As I said, my Zen has a quiter engine than a Baleno. That doesn't mean Zen is a better vehicle than the Baleno. Compare it with Dzire, it makes sense. And yes, I agree that NVH of Etios Petrol is more than that of the Dzire. In fact, every reviewer, every person who has used the vehicle has acknowledged that. If that was such an important factor for you, you should never have bought this car. I can only find fault with the buyer here for not doing a proper research on the car he was about to buy. It's like blaming Maruti for cargo like ambiance on the rear and lack of space after buying a Swift. This design never had the ambiance or glass area as a priority. It was the sportiness from outside which was the priority in the case of Swift. So, a person who needs more glass area and better ambiance should go for another car instead of buying the car and then blaming this specific design in 10 different ways to create a mountain out of a mole.

I like such stupid comparisons because genuine people will understand the real intentions of the author.
+100. No other Etios/Liva user has reported any such design flaws in their cars. At the same time they have been reporting the negatives of the car in their owner ship reports. Neither I have heard the water leaking issue anywhere.

Moreover, Munish is complaining on high noise and vibration levels in Etios comparing it to Riskshaw - did you not take test drive before buying car?

Etios has some flaws and Toyota has done lot of cost cutting but It is no way carrying any design flaws.

Last edited by Nitrous Power : 18th November 2011 at 20:56.
Nitrous Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 21:49   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post

Looks like Munish does have a very valid point here gentlemen. So instead of ridiculing him, I think we should think on the lines of helping him find a solution. He has already intimated that Toyota service is not listening. Maybe some other better dealer/service center can solve his problems (Toyota owners can suggest some dependable service centers) or even otherwise there has to be a solution from the company itself. This sort of thing is a serious design flaw. I dont see any dirt accumulating INSIDE my car (i10) howsoever dirty/dusty it is on the outside. I really feel Munish now.

One japanese engneer sitting cosily in japan or europe thought that us lowly indians would not need a gasket on doors as we like to live one with animals ( we ar a 3rd world country to them ) also a single wiper are better than two . A la merc Ha Ha !
Old 18th November 2011, 21:51   #312
BHPian

Well, considering Etios to be the elder brother of Liva, I have to say that Mr. Munish is exaggerating the issues. The most hilarious statement was when he mentioned that he is not driving the car due to quality issues. Man, you are killing a gem of a car!

I have checked the Etios and Liva reviews a hundred times, where TBHP GTO have tried and tested the vehicles on various terrains, and they were impressed every time. Overdrive has even done an All India trip on Etios! (Check Overdrive India yatra edition, where they covered all metros on GQ). So, was Etios not qualified for such a yatra?
Another team drove a Liva Diesel from Bangalore to Pune on a single tank (And they did it successfully). They got a mileage of around 22 on this trip.

Do you think that members belonging to one of the biggest automobile communities will dare go for such trips if there were quality issues.

If you don't drive the vehicle for 72 days, and start a vehicle; it will start with some sound and will eventually quiten! In 2000 kms you have found more than 2000 flaws in the vehicle! And man, Lizards and cockroaches! I agree that there can be some dust inside, but what's the big deal. Do you have to drive it in the Thar? Or you don't clean the vehicle from inside at all?

Also, Etios was selected as the Compact sedan of the year 2011!
All BHPians who are considering buying a practical vehicle should go for the Etios siblings. I met a gentleman who owns an Etios in techno park since Jan 2011, and he had all praises for the vehicle, and even though he humbly accepts the limitaions, he loves his Etios. He loved my Liva equally and was planning to buy one for his family. Do you think he has not been able to find out the quality of the vehicle in 11 odd months?

Meanwhile, All BHPians in Trivandrum are most welcome to meet me and try my Liva to judge the vehicle. I am noway trying to increase the sales of Toyota but just trying to make sure that the forum stays clean and people judge the vehicle themselves, rather than relying on a ridiculously exaggerated post.
mayank10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 22:01   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank10 View Post
Meanwhile, All BHPians in Trivandrum are most welcome to meet me and try my Liva to judge the vehicle. I am noway trying to increase the sales of Toyota but just trying to make sure that the forum stays clean and people judge the vehicle themselves, rather than relying on a ridiculously exaggerated post.
I welcome any bhpian who is interested in this car in Kochi to test drive or review my Etios Diesel as well. It's better to let the vehicle do the talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank10 View Post
just trying to make sure that the forum stays clean and people judge the vehicle themselves, rather than relying on a ridiculously exaggerated post.
I've had many debates on team-bhp. Never felt that this great community or any of the views from its members were not clean. But, unfortunately, on this thread, I get that feeling with hugely exaggerated comments ( only with one individual though ).
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 22:19   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
also a single wiper are better than two . A la merc Ha Ha !
I can say for sure that I love the single wiper on the Etios much better than dual wipers of many cars. It's dual arm wiper which changes angle of rotation and cleans most part of the glass ( even more than what 2 wipers would do ).
To make myself more clear, at the driver side, you won't find any area which is not cleaned. This is due to the changing angle due to dual-arms.
On the passenger side, you will see that it covers more area than a normal small wiper on the left would cover. It's because of the larger radius made possible by single wiper design.
Old 18th November 2011, 22:31   #315
Senior - BHPian

If single wiper is better than two, I am just wondering why does Toyota didn't implement this in Innova's and Corolla's .
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks