Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 13:04   #106
BHPian

Re: Frustrated Etios owner places Ad with complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
I also felt the same. The intention of the site owner is to make some quick bucks through the sites popularity, rather than solving the issue, which is not a bad idea. Once the site become popular, it is easy to expand to all vehicles and become another T-bhp or ACI.
Perhaps this is OT, but it takes much more than cloning few posts to attract user participation and build a site up to the point where it becomes a name.
Old 26th August 2011, 13:26   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Frustrated ETIOS owner places Ad with complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

There are no owner experiences in team-BHP I have come across so far of water seepage etc. so it is funny that all such reviews made it only to this site!
What is wrong in that? Here is a guy who has had problem in his car and neither the dealer nor Toyota has been able to help him out. What does he do? It is his money that he feels is going down in the drain. I am facing a similar total lack of response from Hyundai, so I fully sympathize with him. Who knows, other owners may notice the issue on thier cars and report it too.

In Hyundai's case, the famed steering rattle issue on i20s was being earlier termed as isolated cases by Hyundai. Heck, I atleast know of another gentleman who was told that the steering rattle sound he was hearing was his "mental block". Slowly it started getting reported from i20s all over the country. Hyundai just did not do enough to address the issue properly, now see how gigantic the problem has become for Hyundai.Even their own workshops admit that it is a problem on all i20s. When their sales executives are asked about steering rattle and presented with proof of the same, they don't know what to answer!!!

So, I don't at all agree with the conspiracy theories that this complaint was floated that it is from rival companies.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 13:57   #108
BHPian

It's really painful for the victims of such lousy customer care (and products). I do hope the Companies step in and address the issues at a personal level. It might require some investment on their part, but who knows, it will grow their repute leaps and bounds in a mature, sophisticated and intelligent market like India. A customer happy at heart from the services they've received such can turn loyal.

If there are such recurring instances, do you think the customer will have a newer dilemma:-

- buying newer products on latest technologies/platforms
vs
- buying tried and tested platforms, which are usually termed "outdated"
Old 26th August 2011, 14:49   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
my-toyota-etios-sedan-homepage

Full detailed information by the owner.
The website is hosted with bluehost, a Utah based host. Strangely though, the domain owner name is protected. Wonder why the owner would like to protect his name if this is the same individual who had placed the ad in the Coimbatore daily, and mentioned his vehicle registration number confidently.

Last edited by pravingmh : 26th August 2011 at 14:50. Reason: incomplete post
Old 26th August 2011, 14:54   #110
BHPian

As a Toyota Altis owner, i never expected this kidn of compromise from Toyota
Sudden123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 20:52   #111
BHPian

I think Annamalai's Madurai is not upto mark in service and quality.

I'd my innova taken there,when our vehicle had an accident (lost control on a curve and vehicle hit divider and shoulders of a fly over). Their service approach from the day they took our vehicle was very dubious. Local tow-away guys quoted <3000, while Annamalai guys brought someone and charged us 4000.

Then they told us to replace entire chassis for a slight bend.Later when we questioned that, they have agreed for repair works on that bend.

Eventhough they replaced both headlights, one of the headlights was getting water inside (on rain/washing etc) . Later at Nippon tyota TVM, they replaced those lights again.

So,altogether I felt that Body and Shop managers and insurance guys etc have a nexus there and hence quality of work is also less.They try to make big bills,so that insurance guys and others get huge commission.

I did give a negative feedback to Toyota that time.
Old 26th August 2011, 21:09   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I know this is a harsh statement, but the Etios is a Kirloskar car.
This is not a harsh statement, it's ridiculous actually.

You might even go ahead and say that the floor mats and gas pedals in the american Toyotas (that caused havoc in the US) were designed and made by Kirloskar.
Old 26th August 2011, 21:19   #113
Team-BHP Support

So how does Toyota go about fixing this problem at hand?

If the same problems are reported by several owners, how would Toyota address the issue? A wide-scale recall? Offering extended warranties to current customers? I've always heard of problems creeping up, but never anything on sorting it out, unless of course, it's a recall.
Old 26th August 2011, 21:23   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
My Etios has now completed 7000 kms in 5 months.I have driven extensively all over Maharashtra including Kokan and Mumbai where it rains quite heavily. I have never faced any seepage issue whatsoever. No major rattling so far except a mild one when i drive at low speed (25-30) on 4th gear. I had decided to go with the Etios knowing fully that it is a built to cost car from Toyota but with strong fundamentals ie enigne, drivetrain, etc. Now after almost 6 months i feel my decision has been vindicated and am sure to keep it for next 5 years before I upgrade to a SUV/soft roader like Aria or the upcoming Duster.
+1: Me satisfied Etios customer as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
Thanks! Right now I have a Nokia 5800. I'll plan to upgrade if it is really worthwhile. But I am not sure if I can really achieve higher mileage. I can understand about driving style impacting mileage significantly in city. But in highway (GQ - Blr to Chn, NSC - Blr - Mdu), driving style is going to be almost same for all as the number of time we use clutch and gear is going to be very less. Even there, my mileage is 14.5 at 80-90 kmph speed.

How much it costs to have a OBD unit in a car?
Hey OBD should cost you 2.5k, if you need assistance in getting it, please PM me.

Last edited by GTO : 27th August 2011 at 12:16. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 26th August 2011, 21:50   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
So, I don't at all agree with the conspiracy theories that this complaint was floated that it is from rival companies.
Very true. We as a country sometimes try to find a ghost when there are none. Rival companies have better things to do than float conspiracy theories, In todays day and age, they would rather use that resources to improve their own product.

The cheap ETIOS is the one letting down Toyota, not the rivals! There may be some good things about the car, but just one look at the car and the obvious cost cutting is right on your face. The ETIOS interiors may have been good if it was the 90s, not today.
Old 26th August 2011, 22:42   #116
Senior - BHPian

Conspiracy theory seems to have been floated by Toyota fan-boys to defend their badge. I would ignore shortcomings in a nascent car company like Tata/Mahindra, but not in a car made by a company who have been making cars since 1937. If these guys can't bring themselves to blame Toyota for quality issues then they shouldn't shout from rooftops about quality issues in our home-grown cars either.
pgsagar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 12:40   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Conspiracy theory seems to have been floated by Toyota fan-boys to defend their badge. I would ignore shortcomings in a nascent car company like Tata/Mahindra, but not in a car made by a company who have been making cars since 1937. If these guys can't bring themselves to blame Toyota for quality issues then they shouldn't shout from rooftops about quality issues in our home-grown cars either.

Exceptionally well said. I'm sure the Etios/Liva does not have any quality issues per se. The issues that are experienced by the people are due to the cost cutting, which is by Toyota's design. One can probably appreciate the fact that Toyota - known in India for high-quality and equally high-priced vehicles - has chosen to strip the vehicle bare in order to keep the vehicle affordable, but one must certainly not ignore the fact that they have also cut quality.

Last edited by VeluM : 27th August 2011 at 12:41.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 22:35   #118
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

It seems as genuine a frusration vent as from other owner of this and other cars. There is no reason to see a specific conspirancy theory in this. I can visualize myself doing this if a car did frustrate me right off the shelf.

The funny bit is that other owners dont seem too affected by this. Possibly the standards that this car owner expects exceeds the cost paid and the quality expected at that price point. We do live with a lot in car in lower priced vehicles when one compares it with those priced higher.

That said it would just not be accetable for the mats to get wet in the monsoon every time one drove in the rain - which might be what this owner actually faced.

Feel it may most likely be a case with this particular car and the dealer has not supported him properly.
Old 28th August 2011, 20:47   #119
Senior - BHPian

My heartfelt sympathies with this owner. I am getting a feeling that his issues would not have been addressed promptly by the concerned dealer which might have aggravated the situation & led him to post this sarcastic advert in the newspaper. Had this been a design issue, then every Etios owner would have faced it, which obviously is not the case here. Before we make some concrete conclusions, can someone please shed some light on the following points:

1. Did this customer visit any Toyota dealer (service centre) other than the concerned & try to resolve his problem from there?

2. Did this customer try reporting the issue on Toyota website as below?
Toyota - Grievance

3. Did the service centre try refitting the beading or replacing it?

My observations:
The car was bought in December 2010, issue reported to the dealer on 26th April, no solution till mid August, which is a bit strange to believe. Recently on one of the rainy days, I found water seeping in from my left front door in my 7+ year old Indica. Next day when I closely observed the beading, I found out that it had come off the metal rib at 2-3 places, just pressed it back in place, issue resolved.
A get a feeling that the underlying cause of this drastic action (placing ad) would be that his Etios failed to meet most of his expectations, be it on mileage front or reliability front & the dealer's pathetic attitude would have added fuel to fire.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2011, 21:07   #120
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

AutoIndian very well put, I do feel that this is just about what happened.

Though it would be harsh to pronounce a verdict on a customer who has actually not had his say on this forum.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed