Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:19   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Frustrated Etios owner places Ad with complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
However, the said gaskets for water sealing never existed even on the Ford Ikon and the car never had an issue with water seeping in.
True, my ikon has been lying outside the hospital where my sister delivered a baby girl, for the last 10 days. All the while the monsoons of Kerala showering upon it. Not a drop of water inside.

Well, IMO, the build quality (overall quality) of the IKON is leagues ahead of the Etios.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:47   #77
BHPian

Re: Frustrated ETIOS owner places Ad with complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Hope this was just a lemon, and a rare one at that, from Toyota !
It is very unfortunate that some of us are willing to give the "Big T" credit for a job badly done. You are still hoping that this is a lemon!!! - will you say the same if Tata did it. We all know what happened to the ad cars will continue to be made by companies looking to make a fast buck and increase their bottomline. It is our need, as consumers, to ensure we don't get taken for a ride...
So Much for Toyota Quality - Note that I am a vey satisfied Innova owner so I have nothing against the brand. I just like to drive ...not be taken for one!
INNOVATOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 00:25   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
Fortunately I had the broken piece and hence have glued it back to the seat using Araldite. Still waiting for it to dry completely before putting the seat back into the car. Hopefully it'll be fine.
The Araldite worked like a charm. The broken lock is glued in and the rear seat is back where it belongs. Hope the tips in my previous thread will help other Etios owners, if they need to remove the back seat for some reason or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
I definitely do not want to be responsible for Mr.Jerry's homicide, but I just do not have any other option. If anyone can help me out here, I'll be very grateful.
Looks like Mr.Jerry is gone. I've been checking for clues donning my forensic hat every morning for the last couple days. Did call up the Toyota *** here and the person mentioned that the only way this could be possible is through the A/C vent (when it's set to the non-circulation option). I did press him asking why/if there are no filters/mesh at the point where outside air is sucked in, but he replied in negative. Doesn't sound convincing to me. Any inputs by experts?
andromeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 11:41   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
I never had the issue in my ikon. In monsoons I have to drive through water where the bottom of the door is completely immersed the water.Even cheaper maruti's have the gaskets I wonder why some cars dont have it.It might not be an issue.

True.Somehow i also felt so .The design resembles stone age , in lines with Logan.
There was a survey on the design some time back when i got an email asking for feedback on Liva and Etios. I replied it to be pathetic.
Mods Sorry, My edit option didn't work somehow.
The Logan might be stone-age design, but it's a rock solid vehicle. My dad has had a 1.6 Petrol for 4 years now, and barring some cheap plastic bits wearing off (which budget car doesn't have them?), the car's been totally dependable.

Etios build quality (at least with its current state) is pathetic. Given a choice, I'd rather take a Logan over the Etios.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 12:50   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post
Hey upgrade, I can challenge your mileage figures if you can alter a bit of your driving practice and you can do that with the help of OBD realtime monitor. If you practice with the monitor for few days, you ll get used to. If you have an android phone or if you are willing to buy one, I can help you get the OBD unit.
Thanks! Right now I have a Nokia 5800. I'll plan to upgrade if it is really worthwhile. But I am not sure if I can really achieve higher mileage. I can understand about driving style impacting mileage significantly in city. But in highway (GQ - Blr to Chn, NSC - Blr - Mdu), driving style is going to be almost same for all as the number of time we use clutch and gear is going to be very less. Even there, my mileage is 14.5 at 80-90 kmph speed.

How much it costs to have a OBD unit in a car?
Old 24th August 2011, 13:41   #81
BHPian

This was waiting to happen... Several customers have blind faith in some big brand names and often it is taken for granted by manufacturers.
I went to Ravindu Toyota showroom last evening and could see how much cost cutting Liva has undergone. I mean getting rid of the rubber beedings for doors is the last thing i could accept. By no means Liva is cheap and some hatches that cost less than Liva has more life to it.

'Toyota' just can't strip everything down from a vehicle and call it 'made for india' !!!!
Old 24th August 2011, 13:49   #82
BHPian

This speaks of volume as far as quality control is concerned. That too from a company like Toyota. Well I can understand if for cost cutting company lets go of one rear view mirror but leaking roof is an offense.
I had doubts about the quality of Etios after reading the exhaustive test drive report but this incident sort of confirms it.
Old 24th August 2011, 14:42   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOVATOR View Post
It is very unfortunate that some of us are willing to give the "Big T" credit for a job badly done. You are still hoping that this is a lemon!!! - will you say the same if Tata did it. We all know what happened to the ad cars will continue to be made by companies looking to make a fast buck and increase their bottomline. It is our need, as consumers, to ensure we don't get taken for a ride...
So Much for Toyota Quality - Note that I am a vey satisfied Innova owner so I have nothing against the brand. I just like to drive ...not be taken for one!

I fully agree with you. However, I wonder how your post is still intact ( it's a good thing though). Not deleted by the moderators. A few days ago I wrote a post more or less along the same lines but it was deleted. Reason? It added no value to the thread. One senior Bhpian pitched in, "where did Tata spring up from?" Actual reason I beieve is --- sticking up for Tata cars.

I think that automotive press is not the only media hostile to Tata cars. Teambhp moderators, too, are. You can write any trash about Tata cars on teambhp, that's ok. But never against Japanese and Hyundai cars. If you do, it will be deleted forthwith.
pgsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 14:58   #84
BHPian

Toyota is ment for reliability. This makes me wonder that being such a reliable giant trimmed on quality. My cousin was thinking to buy an Etios, now backed off due to interior issues. This made him think why we should buy these cars by paying more amount and only for the badge? Our Desi vehicles Tata and Maruti are well built enough to suffice our needs. Cost cut down is seen clearly now.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 24th August 2011 at 15:00.
Old 24th August 2011, 14:59   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The Logan might be stone-age design, but it's a rock solid vehicle. My dad has had a 1.6 Petrol for 4 years now, and barring some cheap plastic bits wearing off (which budget car doesn't have them?), the car's been totally dependable.

Etios build quality (at least with its current state) is pathetic. Given a choice, I'd rather take a Logan over the Etios.
My point was Etios designed in the present age still uses the old style design cues of Logan which was designed more than 8+ years back.That does not mean Logan is a badly designed car.
Old 24th August 2011, 15:02   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
i guess this is an one off case. i do not think it is right to start writing about Toyota quality as everyone knows that their cars last forever. i am sure this issue would be rectified,
One would not agree too much on this. Is the brand bigger than the customer?
One off case is not just right in instances wherein life and limb are dependent upon the reliability. Are we willing to stand by and accept the one off if it were to be a more serious issue like brake disc giving the slip when most required.
It is more to do with the "Chalta hai " attitude and as some one rightly said in his tag line "I like to ride ... not be taken for one"

Cheers
Prasad
PS : no offence meant regret if it sounds that way.
Old 24th August 2011, 15:20   #87
Senior - BHPian

Etios does have some serious cost cutting. And I will expect the buyer to be aware of it when making the purchase. No one is forced to buy the car. If you are not happy with it ditch it and move on and buy something else.

If the product does not click with people then parent company will get the rightly deserved stick and will introduce a correction. Like Honda did for Jazz.

It seems Japs need a bit more of stick compared to others.

To end it all : There always will be trade offs. Customer to decide.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 17:41   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The point I am making is that if toyota says ya this is defective and please get your cars and we will do the needed procedure to correct it.doesn't it solve the issue effectively? why do you wanna criticize that technique and only justify a mass recall. I fail to see the difference.
A lot of customers may not voluntarily go and get this checked and may not be aware of this possible issue at all! Atleast toyota should reach out to all customers and tell them that they just want to do a check.
Old 24th August 2011, 17:45   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
They cannot be compared. How many Nanos caught fire? may 4-5 in 80,000+ cars sold. How many Etios has this isssue? Majority. As far as i know almost every one who baught Etios, believing the journalists who test drove and rated the best, are unhappy now.
+ 1 to your point. I also want to question the magazines now who have actually given positive reviews. When non-petrol heads seem to be making out the poor quality aspects, how is that none of the Journalists pointed this out? I understand that magazines may not have noticed this water seeping issue, but hasnt any magazine got a the Etios for a long term review?
Old 24th August 2011, 20:13   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
my-toyota-etios-sedan-homepage

Full detailed information by the owner.
I was reading the posts on this site and having studied the use of Indian written English extensively, I am very suspicious of posts on the site and I think they are all written by one person.

Besides almost every post complaining of roughly the same things, the exact words and tome of language used are too similar to have come from people belonging to different parts of the country and different walks of life.
Specifically "a lot of noise" is used multiple times in multiple posts. Next mysterious thing is the repeated use of word "great" in almost all posts supposed to have come from different owners - e.g. "great amount of noise", "great amount of sound" etc. repeated throughout in multiple posts. Also, the quality of English is exactly at the same level (about 6/10) across all the different who seem to have sent VOCs, which is strage.

Third weird thing - the source or process of how the various e-mails, VOCs etc were "compiled" is not clear. How did Munish get the various e-mails in original sent by the so-called owners to the dealers?

There are no owner experiences in team-BHP I have come across so far of water seepage etc. so it is funny that all such reviews made it only to this site!

Lastly, there are many ads on the site - is the owner of the site trying to create traffic by scandalizing Toyota Etios and thereby attracting traffic through sheer shock value, much like our 24X7 news channels?

I would suggest Toyota do an investigation - this could well be a gorilla campaign and one can never be sure if a competitor's hand is in this or not.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks