Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2011, 22:36   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Frustrated ETIOS owner places Ad with complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I was reading the posts on this site and having studied the use of Indian written English extensively, I am very suspicious of posts on the site and I think they are all written by one person.
If you PM the names of posters whom you think are the same to the admin, admin could find out whether it is the same user very easily.
Quote:
Lastly, there are many ads on the site - is the owner of the site trying to create traffic by scandalizing Toyota Etios and thereby attracting traffic through sheer shock value, much like our 24X7 news channels?.
I also felt the same. The intention of the site owner is to make some quick bucks through the sites popularity, rather than solving the issue, which is not a bad idea. Once the site become popular, it is easy to expand to all vehicles and become another T-bhp or ACI. Even in T-BHP you see many "issues" threads. Every automobile discussion sites will have.

But all agree to the fact that Etios has many quality issues.
Old 25th August 2011, 16:19   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
The rear seat (not the back rest) of the Etios is just cushion to which 2 plastic lock/latches are glued at the bottom. The seat is put into its position by ONLY these two locks. There are no other metal screws, etc which hold the seat (except for a hook, which is not foolproof). That's very strange and definitely a cost cutting measure.
This is a safety concern too. In a major impact, could there be a possibility of the rear seat getting unhinged thereby increasing the chances of a grievous injury to the rear passengers? Why such cost cutting? Why, Toyota, why?!
Old 25th August 2011, 16:50   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
LOL.....

Thats the smartest bit of consumer revenge I have seen!!

Will have to wait and watch whether Etios/Liva's water proofing problems begin to affect Toyota's reputation for 'bullet proof' reliability !!
they may be bullet prrof....but it seems they are not water proof .....reminds me of an incident about USAF's super hi tech B2 stealth bomer- its achilles heel turned out to be rain water- its super expensive radar absorbing paint was water soluble and got washed off in rain!!!!.......so Totyota may be bullet proof but water will wash off that reputation it seems
Old 25th August 2011, 17:53   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
If you PM the names of posters whom you think are the same to the admin, admin could find out whether it is the same user very easily.
He is talking about posts on that site, not on team-bhp. Our admins won't have verification tools for that site's posts - unless of course some one from the admin team is playing the devil's advocate!
Old 25th August 2011, 18:02   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
This is a safety concern too. In a major impact, could there be a possibility of the rear seat getting unhinged thereby increasing the chances of a grievous injury to the rear passengers? Why such cost cutting? Why, Toyota, why?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
they may be bullet prrof....but it seems they are not water proof

I am not sure why the tempers run high, the owner who had bought the car did know that there were no beadings in Toyota. Moreover, every customer ought to know that Etios is thier attempt on low cost cars, and one can never ever expect them to provide all the bells and whistles of a regular Toyota vehicle (which are atlast above 10L).

Its like buying M800 and expecting Grand Vitara's quality, just because the manufacturer is the same.

If someone buys the car its his negligence of closing eyes thinking of T's Quality in mind.
xingamazon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 18:03   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was reading the posts on this site and having studied the use of Indian written English extensively, I am very suspicious of posts on the site and I think they are all written by one person.

Besides almost every post complaining of roughly the same things, the exact words and tome of language used are too similar to have come from people belonging to different parts of the country and different walks of life.
Specifically "a lot of noise" is used multiple times in multiple posts. Next mysterious thing is the repeated use of word "great" in almost all posts supposed to have come from different owners - e.g. "great amount of noise", "great amount of sound" etc. repeated throughout in multiple posts. Also, the quality of English is exactly at the same level (about 6/10) across all the different who seem to have sent VOCs, which is strage.

Third weird thing - the source or process of how the various e-mails, VOCs etc were "compiled" is not clear. How did Munish get the various e-mails in original sent by the so-called owners to the dealers?

There are no owner experiences in team-BHP I have come across so far of water seepage etc. so it is funny that all such reviews made it only to this site!

Lastly, there are many ads on the site - is the owner of the site trying to create traffic by scandalizing Toyota Etios and thereby attracting traffic through sheer shock value, much like our 24X7 news channels?

I would suggest Toyota do an investigation - this could well be a gorilla campaign and one can never be sure if a competitor's hand is in this or not.
Even if your conclusions are correct, one questions still begs an answer. Why?? What purpose is served by such a site?

I seriously doubt that any rival manufacturer would do something like this at all.
Old 25th August 2011, 18:50   #97
Team-BHP Support

Re: Frustrated Etios owner places Ad with complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
My point was Etios designed in the present age still uses the old style design cues of Logan which was designed more than 8+ years back.That does not mean Logan is a badly designed car.
No offence taken.

There's no shame in using older designs if one can get it right. Everyone on this forum still drools over the early 90s Merc design, a majority of Honda fans prefer the OHC/older Accord designs over the newer ones, so it's not like old designs are totally out of fashion.

Good designs age gracefully, and there are numerous examples out there to prove that point. Etios is simply badly designed, and has no individuality of its own. If you remove the badge on the front grille, a lot of people won't know which car just passed them by.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th August 2011 at 18:51.
Old 25th August 2011, 18:53   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Even if your conclusions are correct, one questions still begs an answer. Why?? What purpose is served by such a site?

I seriously doubt that any rival manufacturer would do something like this at all.
Not a rival manufacturer. But a guy who got a lemon may want to (falsely, probably) show that he has got support and is getting negative publicity for the brand
Old 25th August 2011, 18:54   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I am not sure why the tempers run high, the owner who had bought the car did know that there were no beadings in Toyota. Moreover, every customer ought to know that Etios is thier attempt on low cost cars, and one can never ever expect them to provide all the bells and whistles of a regular Toyota vehicle (which are atlast above 10L).

Its like buying M800 and expecting Grand Vitara's quality, just because the manufacturer is the same.

If someone buys the car its his negligence of closing eyes thinking of T's Quality in mind.
Can't blame the customer entirely though. Toyota's pitch for the Etios harped on their quality standards quite a bit, and not everyone is a well-informed auto enthusiast to be able to look beyond the razzmatazz.
Old 25th August 2011, 20:54   #100
Senior - BHPian

Pardon me if I have missed it so far - But have the team-bhp etios owners reported this issue so far?
Old 25th August 2011, 22:20   #101
BHPian

Quote:

Everyone knows that Etios lacks those bells and whistles. And nobody who has bought the car expects those things. The fuss is about basic functionalities that are generally assumed as given in any car, even M800.

Why would a buyer expect Etios to be any different as far as fundamentals are concerned? Just because its design is boring? Or because its interiors are ordinary-looking? Or because it's low on features? No way. A buyer has bought the car with a conscious knowledge that these are not part of the package. But by way of the quality promise of Toyota, he has right to expect that whatever has been given to him will continue to function without fuss. Remember that ugly thing called Qualis? Looks? you wouldn't want to look at it again. Functionality? You wouldn't need to buy another car for life!

Far too often, the term "Quality" on this forum has been misinterpreted as just plain premium feel of the car. There is lot more to quality that just meets the eye. Quality promise to me means that a product is consistently delivered as per the design and will continue to function that way for its useful life. It's the suspected departure in this particular area which is not expected in case of a Toyota. That's why it becomes so difficult to digest!

Last edited by RadiantKarma : 25th August 2011 at 22:33.
Old 25th August 2011, 22:26   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Pardon me if I have missed it so far - But have the team-bhp etios owners reported this issue so far?
This is exactly what crossed my mind too. There are a number of ownerships threads on the Etios on the forum. I don't remember reading of any such issue in any of those. To me this thread sounds more of an over reaction since the company involved is flawless otherwise at most things on most times. Suddenly its become the most useless, undependable and cheap.
Old 25th August 2011, 22:48   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thats the power of a brand. People trust the brand, and associate it with some unique characteristics. Toyota is trusted to make good automobiles.

Even if the Etios does not have rubber beadings, the customer assumes that the car will atleast be waterproof and reliable, as Toyota cars usually are. Are you saying that he is wrong in trusting the brand?

Also, even a Maruti 800 is waterproof, the car does not claim immunity from customer complaints saying its not as expensive as the other cars from the Maruti stable.

Fact is Toyota needs to ensure that the car is reliable on all accounts, else the brand value will get devalued, which will be a shame.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 08:33   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post

Why would a buyer expect Etios to be any different as far as fundamentals are concerned? Just because its design is boring? Or because its interiors are ordinary-looking? Or because it's low on features?
I beg to disagree.
I would agree this if you had mentioned it for things like engine performance, which are basically those that a customer cant see. But things like beading etc. Which one can see.

I mean if you can see something and ignore what you are seeing then that would mean if you are just ignorant, Toyota is not be blamed.

Quality and Reliability are those which are inherent in a car, which cant be seen. Quality in terms of panel gap (engine performance etc), reliability in terms of lemons/1000 cars.
These are factors one cant see you can blame toyota only if things like this go wrong.

But if one ignors beading's absence and says its Toyota he deservesd to be taken for a ride. Point is consumerism will not grow in a country if the customers are blindly buying. Customer empowerment's first main step is customer knowledge.

Last edited by xingamazon : 26th August 2011 at 08:34.
Old 26th August 2011, 11:59   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
This is exactly what crossed my mind too. There are a number of ownerships threads on the Etios on the forum. I don't remember reading of any such issue in any of those. To me this thread sounds more of an over reaction since the company involved is flawless otherwise at most things on most times. Suddenly its become the most useless, undependable and cheap.
My Etios has now completed 7000 kms in 5 months.I have driven extensively all over Maharashtra including Kokan and Mumbai where it rains quite heavily. I have never faced any seepage issue whatsoever. No major rattling so far except a mild one when i drive at low speed (25-30) on 4th gear. I had decided to go with the Etios knowing fully that it is a built to cost car from Toyota but with strong fundamentals ie enigne, drivetrain, etc. Now after almost 6 months i feel my decision has been vindicated and am sure to keep it for next 5 years before I upgrade to a SUV/soft roader like Aria or the upcoming Duster.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks