Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2011, 21:15   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Frustrated Etios owner places Ad with complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
AutoIndian very well put, I do feel that this is just about what happened.

Though it would be harsh to pronounce a verdict on a customer who has actually not had his say on this forum.
Without a doubt with you. If the owner hooks on to this thread & shares with us the first hand info then nothing like it. However meanwhile if someone has any additional inputs about this case (especially the thread starter), then that would be much appreciated.
Old 28th August 2011, 21:55   #122
BANNED

Actually, as an thread starter, i have approached that owner of that etios, by email, and also asked him to join in Tbhp, so that he could give much input and share things from other similar owners who have problem with their cars. but did not get reply.
rajivanoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 10:46   #123
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for that info Rajivanoj. So you have done your bit. If the owner was really serious about getting his issues fixed, he would have kept no stone unturned. He would have readily accepted your suggestion, joined TBHP. If not successful, he would have at least shared the info with you & requested you to post it on this thread. (OT: I did a similar thing for a guy who had purchased a brand new Manza Quadrajet & from day one he had the "car left drifting issue". He could not get TBHP membership & I posted here on his behalf. Though the dealer & company failed to fix his issue, he could finally resolve it due to his sheer perseverance & some experts who went out of their way to help him)
Old 29th August 2011, 17:44   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
Actually, as an thread starter, i have approached that owner of that etios, by email, and also asked him to join in Tbhp, so that he could give much input and share things from other similar owners who have problem with their cars. but did not get reply.
Appreciate the effort, mate. Did you try any other contact details of the owner? It's also possible that he might have actually sold off his vehicle in disgust by now and is no longer interested on the issue.

All the same, I wonder if the veracity of the complaint should be taken as given. I find a few things a bit curious in the ad:

Quote:
Water seepage thro' beeding of all doors incl. petrol tank cover
To this extent, when no Etios owner has reported any such issue on this forum so far.

Quote:
Mileage 10 kmpl approx. (Recently Noticed)
Not sure what he means to convey. Is it that the mileage has been noted only recently for a vehicle that has already done 11000 km? Or maybe he means that it's a recent figure, but then there was no need to mention it.

As ACM has aptly put it, it would be harsh to pronounce a verdict on a customer who has actually not had his say on this forum. At the same time, it may not be appropriate to read too much into this without having received any authenticated views from the affected party.

Last edited by RadiantKarma : 29th August 2011 at 17:50.
Old 31st August 2011, 13:11   #125
BHPian

In today's Times of India (Delhi), the last page carried a full page Etios advertisement, which had different customer satisfaction stories. I wonder, if it was due to the growing discontent with the product.
Old 1st September 2011, 17:39   #126
BHPian

Though little bit expensive, a great way responding to such issues! Hope his issues got resolved.
Old 7th September 2011, 15:10   #127
BHPian

One more issue reported by an Etios Owner, a close friend of mine . The car has run 5200KM and he was left stranded on the way back from salem to Hosur with a Clutch failure . It was a sunday evening and there was no road side assistance provided by the salem dealer. Finally the car had to be towed and dropped off at Annamalai toyota salem.
Its been 2 days now and Annamalai is yet to replace the faulty part. They have promised to get back to him today . I shall keep you all posted .

Looks like a manufacturing defect , further details awaited .
Fortuner71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 15:47   #128
BHPian

The build quality of Etios and Nano are similiar , both built to a market and both have failed. The interiors of the Etios are worse than the Logan!

Wake up Ts - Tata & Toyota
Old 7th September 2011, 18:23   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
One more issue reported by an Etios Owner, a close friend of mine . The car has run 5200KM and he was left stranded on the way back from salem to Hosur with a Clutch failure . It was a sunday evening and there was no road side assistance provided by the salem dealer. Finally the car had to be towed and dropped off at Annamalai toyota salem.
Its been 2 days now and Annamalai is yet to replace the faulty part. They have promised to get back to him today . I shall keep you all posted .

Looks like a manufacturing defect , further details awaited .
Thanks for sharing this incident Fortuner71. Just above 5K running should not cause a clutch to fail, this is indeed a very premature failure, can be attributed to manufacturing defect, but more than that it raises questions on the "Q Class" that Toyota has been harping about from day-1 of the Etios launch. This is simply not acceptable by Toyota quality standards. Had it been a Tata car I would have understood (heck my 7+ year old Indica, done 98+K kms, still runs on original clutch - touchwood).

More than that I am astounded by the dealer attitude or not providing any kind of assistance. Hopefully your friend gets the clutch replaced under warranty & has a hassle free experience with his Etios here onwards. Looking forward to hear from you on further updates.
Old 7th September 2011, 19:43   #130
BHPian

Update : The dealer from salem called my friend and confirmed that its a manufacturing defect , more details are awaited . I shall keep you all posted . This is definitely not good quality from Toyota .
Old 7th September 2011, 20:17   #131
BHPian

Soon, Manza's add will carry this line too

rubber beadings on doors, do we have. No thanukasa (guess thats what he says ).

Am so annoyed seeing an etios, wondering if Toyota thought they could get away selling a lemon to us.
Old 7th September 2011, 20:34   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haithereitsme View Post
Soon, Manza's add will carry this line too

rubber beadings on doors, do we have. No thanukasa (guess thats what he says ).

Am so annoyed seeing an etios, wondering if Toyota thought they could get away selling a lemon to us.
The Etios was designed and developed by Toyota India, What else do you expect ?
Workers at the plant -
Do we need rubber beading on the doors?
thanukasa -
For India no need, cost cutting very important,
Thank god they didn't remove the spare wheel in the name of cost cutting.
Old 7th September 2011, 22:07   #133
BHPian

Toyota's honeymoon is over. Welcome to the Indian mass market

Hats off to this toyota customer for his guts and creativity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Thank god they didn't remove the spare wheel in the name of cost cutting.
I would actually not mind paying extra for the spare wheel if for example Toyota takes care of stuff which imo are supposed to be factory fitted like good insulation for the engine, interiors and also the doors to prevent water seepage, etc.
gshanky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 22:12   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMEX View Post
The build quality of Etios and Nano are similiar , both built to a market
The difference is, people queue up and wait 6 months to buy Etios because it got the Toyota T. Toyota dont need to change any thing as long as there are people willing to buy, in fact not able to make enough to meet the demand.
Old 8th September 2011, 10:54   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
The difference is, people queue up and wait 6 months to buy Etios because it got the Toyota T. Toyota dont need to change any thing as long as there are people willing to buy, in fact not able to make enough to meet the demand.
The willingness seems to be ebbing away since novelty lasts just that long in the absence of merit. A friend bought this car and also wants to dispose of it.

IMHO - something about the Ethios does not make it click ! Perhaps the expectations were higher due to the current product portfolio of Toyota.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks