Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2011, 04:49   #211
BHPian

Re: Frustrated Etios owner places Ad with complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
- Suspension : Best of the above (including Vento) lot. This was the same on both the Etios & Liva. Even the Hyundai which generally is considered to be very good for city roads, did not do better than the Toyota twins.
IMO the i20 has a stiffer ride compared to most of its competitors. Of the cars we test drove, which included the i20, Polo and Figo, I would rate the ride comfort as Polo>Figo>i20
Hyundai cars are known for their bouncy ride including their best seller, the i10.
Speaking about Etios, I would be pleasantly surprised if the ride quality is better than the Vento as you just said. Haven't been in an Etios yet.

Quote:
All prospective Etios owners, don't go by the name of the thread or the (newspaper) ad put up by the disgruntled Etios owner. If there were issues with the car, GTO would have picked it up in his review.
A car can be plagued with issues that will not show itself in a mere test drive of few hundred kms. There is a huge difference between a "Test drive report" and a real "Ownership report", considering both are from unbiased users.

Quote:
I know two owners who are unhappy with etios. When I asked why, its the interiors that's the problem, second issue is mileage. Suspension, power, etc didn't matter.
Could you specify what exactly did your friends not like about the interiors? The look and feel? The quality of the material? The ergonomics? The comfort features? I'm asking this since your friends must have definitely seen the car and in all possibility test driven it as well before buying. So just curious to know what made them change their opinion about the interiors later on after owning the car.

Last edited by jayded : 23rd October 2011 at 04:51.
Old 23rd October 2011, 06:24   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite the early birds, both of us, aren't we!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
IMO the i20 has a stiffer ride compared to most of its competitors. Of the cars we test drove, which included the i20, Polo and Figo, I would rate the ride comfort as Polo>Figo>i20
Hyundai cars are known for their bouncy ride including their best seller, the i10.
Speaking about Etios, I would be pleasantly surprised if the ride quality is better than the Vento as you just said. Haven't been in an Etios yet.
Well, even I was surprised. In fact took my car to the VW workshop to check if the suspension wasn't too stiff; got a response (after checking) that everything's normal and the Vento suspension has been kept a little stiff on purpose to handle all kinds of indian roads.

But please note, overall ride quality is far better in the Vento; be it at low speeds or high. But the Etios takes the cake when it comes to handling potholes, especially the moon-crater sized ones of Mumbai roads.

Quote:
A car can be plagued with issues that will not show itself in a mere test drive of few hundred kms. There is a huge difference between a "Test drive report" and a real "Ownership report", considering both are from unbiased users.
Quite true. But so far in most ownership threads here, the only issues I found were with respect to interiors being a let down and the mileage not meeting the standards specified by the company. I am quite skeptical when I get "ownership" feedback from the otherwise general public.

Quote:
Could you specify what exactly did your friends not like about the interiors? The look and feel? The quality of the material? The ergonomics? The comfort features? I'm asking this since your friends must have definitely seen the car and in all possibility test driven it as well before buying. So just curious to know what made them change their opinion about the interiors later on after owning the car.
Honestly I didn't go into that much details - but I could get the pain points as such
- Hideous Central console (I agree - even the Vista has a center console, but far better looking!)
- Poor plastics moulds (I disagree - they look a tad dull, but the quality is decent)
- Plain vanilla look (Neutral - depends on what variant we are talking about)

As I said earlier, I really don't give much concern to such feedbacks - I did ask them if they had any other issues other than interiors & mileage - I got blank looks & just arbit replies.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 23rd October 2011 at 06:46.
Old 23rd October 2011, 09:10   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Because Etios is not a normal Toyota car. It's a built to price car
That's all I said.

Quote:
And you believe a friend's opinion might work better than trying out the car itself. No disrespect to you or your friends but I feel opinions matter but only as a point of reference.
This is exactly what I was talking about. The opinion of two people who actually own the vehicle does not matter here. And I never told that I've not driven the Etios or the Liva; yes, I've test driven both, but I don't have the long term experience with them, which my friends have. I believe that's the key and not an hour of test drive.

Quote:
On the contrary it is the opposite. With a maruti or hyundai it is always the owner's fault - even the recent swift braking issues thread, there are people supporting the org/ swift brand.
Please go through the posts in the following threads
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...models-us.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ls-recall.html
The fanboyism in some of the posts are more than sufficient evidence on how biased are the people towards the brand.

Quote:
And please go through my post - I gave a very candid feedback citing both +/-ves of the car. Etios wouldn't have worked for me - I needed the power, hence vento.
Everything clicked for my friend and he booked it.
I never objected your views. But going against an owner for posting his dissatisfaction for a car which he bought, based on the fact that others didn't expect any problems with the car, is something silly.

Quote:
Even I feel the price is high.
As I wrote earlier, at 8.5L on-road, it does not come cheap. And for that price, it is a costly compromise.

Quote:
I know two owners who are unhappy with etios. When I asked why, its the interiors that's the problem, second issue is mileage. Suspension, power, etc didn't matter.
Suspension, power etc does not alone make a car. If water enters the cabin during rains, what is the use of a superb engine or super space?
Old 23rd October 2011, 09:25   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Suspension, power etc does not alone make a car. If water enters the cabin during rains, what is the use of a superb engine or super space?
I've talked with many etios owners after this was reported. This is what I could understand.

1.the initial issue was that while fixing after market speakers, the Service personals did not put the rubber beading back properly.
2.when the news spread, people started interpreting the wet areas of door trims as leaks which was not the case. It was by design, because the rubber gaskets are fitted on the inner part of door trims and not on the outer part of doors.

Now, even if there's indeed a bug, this is not a critical one and can be fixed very easily. But, if the bug was with the engine or gearbox, I would never have taken this risk.
Old 23rd October 2011, 10:15   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB
That's all I said.
You have deleted part of my statement which gives a completely different meaning to it.

To make it more clear, I asked myself the following questions.

1.can I extend the rear leg space of swift after I buy it.

No

2.can I improve the brakes after buying it.

Too costly and too risky.

3. Can I improve the driving position ergonomics on swift?

No, thanks to the waterfall dash design.

4.can I improve the visibility of the swift?

No

5. Can I improve the cargo like ambience on the rear seat of swift?

No

6. Can I improve the after sales service of fiat and tata?

No

7. Can I fix the leak bug on etios ( if it so exist )?

From owners whom I know, this is more of a misinterpretation of a design combined with bad modifications done on the rubber beading by accessories shops. Even if, it does have this leak bug, I'm confident that I can get it corrected.

8. Am I worried about the interior looks?

Not at all, as long a it is durable, functional and practical.

Last edited by amalji : 23rd October 2011 at 10:20.
Old 23rd October 2011, 10:34   #216
Senior - BHPian

The complaint ad made an interesting reading.

The owner mentions about water seepage. Considering the fact the Etios has a ground clearance of 170mm, if the water were to seep in, the surface on which the owner was driving the car must have such levels of water. The question, is this the right usage pattern to ride a car of such as class on a surface? I think not.

The mileage being 10km/liter seems quite practical. We need to analyze the quality of fuel, tire pressures, driving methods of the owner to arrive at a better conclusion.

As for the engine noise, this may be expected for a car of such a class owing to less damping. Engine strain at higher rpms may also be noted. Again if the owner tries to revv the car at second /third gear to say 100kph, you can expect alot of engine noise.

Just my thoughts...
Old 23rd October 2011, 11:25   #217
BHPian

Quote:
6. Can I improve the after sales service of fiat and tata?

No
While I cannot disagree on this, at least Tata Motors sells genuine spares otc and you can choose to get your vehicle serviced at your trusted independent mechanic (if you have one). Further the Etios (as per Team-BHP official review) does not come with extended warranty, not sure if this has changed. So you win some, you lose some. But yeah, some shortcomings can be fixed, some can be overlooked and but some cannot and this eventually determines the choice you make.

BTW, can you improve interior appeal (possibly but not entirely) and can you improve mileage for the petrol version (not easily without impacting your driving style).

Last edited by sachinayak : 23rd October 2011 at 11:28.
Old 23rd October 2011, 11:40   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I know of another franchise by the name Amana Toyota, which sells and services Toyota cars in Kerala. They have dealerships in Calicut and Kannur, for the record.
Amana Toyota has Sales Outlet/Service centers in Perinthalmanna-Malappuram & Palakkad as well.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 11:46   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak

While I cannot disagree on this, at least Tata Motors sells genuine spares otc and you can choose to get your vehicle serviced at your trusted independent mechanic (if you have one). Further the Etios (as per Team-BHP official review) does not come with extended warranty, not sure if this has changed. So you win some, you lose some. But yeah, some shortcomings can be fixed, some can be overlooked and but some cannot and this eventually determines the choice you make.
Agree. 3 years of warranty and the toyota reliability and durability with regards to D-4D makes up for lack of extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak
BTW, can you improve interior appeal (possibly but not entirely) and can you improve mileage for the petrol version (not easily without impacting your driving style).
As I mentioned, it matters only if the interior look and feel matters to you. For me, it's the functionality, airiness, space, and practicality of the cabin that matters more. To make it more clear, I prefer an ambience which gives me maximum visibility to see the world outside than to stare on to the dash for hours.

With regards to mileage, it's not applicable for me since I've opted for the diesel. But still, I would like to comment on it. 10 to 12kmpl mileage is decent for 1.5l petrol engine with 132nm of torque! If you want to get better mileage, drive the car like a 110nm torque car and you will get better mileage. But once you are used to the huge torque in the etios, you always want to use that power and that will obviously hit your mileage figures. Etios petrol is a real fun to drive peppy car. If not for the petrol price, I would have opted for it for sure.

Last edited by amalji : 23rd October 2011 at 11:48.
Old 23rd October 2011, 13:25   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Quite the early birds, both of us, aren't we!
Was more like a late bird last night

Quote:
But please note, overall ride quality is far better in the Vento; be it at low speeds or high. But the Etios takes the cake when it comes to handling potholes, especially the moon-crater sized ones of Mumbai roads.
Great to know that. The polo had really good ride comfort, so if Etios is better, then it surely is good.

Quote:
Quite true. But so far in most ownership threads here, the only issues I found were with respect to interiors being a let down and the mileage not meeting the standards specified by the company. I am quite skeptical when I get "ownership" feedback from the otherwise general public.
Sorry, what I said was not directed at an Etios. I was just stating that no reviewer can identify all such niggles and issues with a car during a test drive. So it's best not to blindly follow a test drive report and buy/recommend a car. It's always better to take a test drive yourself and also talk to the owners and get their opinion. If an owner who has spent 8 lakhs on his car says he is unhappy with the car, there is a high chance there are issues because very few people are willing to admit that they made an error in judgement while spending such big bucks, it simply hurts.

Quote:
Honestly I didn't go into that much details - but I could get the pain points as such
- Hideous Central console (I agree - even the Vista has a center console, but far better looking!)
- Poor plastics moulds (I disagree - they look a tad dull, but the quality is decent)
- Plain vanilla look (Neutral - depends on what variant we are talking about)
Like I said, your friends should have made a better judgement based on their priorities since those are factors that are visible right in front of your eyes and not something they discover after buying the car.

Cheers!
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 19:31   #221
BHPian

Quote:
It's not just about my confidence whether it leaks or not. There are several other factors, which made me stick with the booking.
  • The reputation of the manufacturer. They cannot be no:1 car manufacturer in the world for no reason. So, if there is indeed an issue with water leak, I'm trusting Toyota to take care of this.
  • The criticality of the 'bug'. Even though, it ( if the issue really exists which we are not sure of ) hints on poor quality control and design, I'm confident that I can get this corrected somehow. If it was an issue with engine/gearbox or any other critical elements, I would never have taken this risk.
Pretty much my thoughts when I had taken the delivery. I remember having seen this problem "reported" somewhere when I took delivery in April. Frankly, I think it'd be way too stupid for Toyota to have left out such an elementary design stuff. Even if it were to be a manufacturing issue (poor quality of material), it would not reflect so early in the life of the car. Now it's coming out that it's due to aftermarket speaker installation on rear doors. I think you can install the speakers, if you want, on the parcel tray. I have not installed as my folks find the sound adequate even in the rear seat!

Quote:
And it really seems, I'll miss Maruti's excellent Service. In Kerala especially, Toyota Service Centers are like monopoly business, since there is only one franchise by the name of Nippon. With Maruti, since there are a lot of service centers from different franchise's, they all try to please you somehow.
drmohitg has already tried to assuage your concerns. Let my tell you that Toyota A$$ personnel are amazingly polite and attentive to the customer's concerns. During my first service visit, I felt I had stepped on to some different planet. But let me not go overboard, as I'm yet to try them out over a long term and time will only reveal them further to me.

Quote:
Anyway, I'll be using my car to check each and every issue reported over here and will surely share it on the forum.
Shall greatly appreciate your efforts

Quote:
Got a feedback from an Etios owner in facebook - Sajju Pillai. Asking more details on it from him since we all need to fit rear speakers.
Thanks for sharing. It does clear some more cobwebs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Why is everyone hell bent on not trying to understand that the original list of issues reported have turned out to be very much a case of false implication.
It's surprising that so many people are so easily consuming almost improbable problems in the car. Partly, it has to do with the bad publicity Toyota has received due to "unintended acceleration" problem in US (which many believe that has been overhyped to support the local Big Three of Detroit, but that's another story). And to some extent, it appears to me, some people, having disliked Etios due to relatively lower level of refinement, are almost gleefully taking all the rubbish in and even spreading it. It further justifies one's judgement of rejection of the car. And no offence to anyone, this is part of human nature.

Quote:
Check the wipe area of the Etios when you get a chance to. It definitely covered more area than the Esteem dual wipers. And I didn't find an issue at the passenger side at all. Dual arms seems to be the reason for that. Not sure, how durable it is though.
There is no issue with the wipe area. But my experience says that the single wiper takes just a little longer travel time to clean driver side glass area that requires the driver to be that much more alert in heavy rains, especially in the dark. My personal preference is dual wiper. Anyways, no other user on the forum has so far corroborated my experience on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Dezire or Manza are as reliable as Etios and still are much better engineered. I am not sure what kind of compromise has VW done on reliability, anyways there is no point in comparing a Vento with Etios.
Indian people have barely known the meaning of long-term reliability in this lower end segment. For them, Maruti has been the God in absence of anything better. Hondas and Toyotas will teach us the real meaning when the cars will continue to run damn well without fuss even after 3-4 lacs of kms on the odo. Worldwide Suzuki has always lagged way behind the Big Japs on long-term reliability front, and no reason why it would be different here.

Personally, I would take Manza over Etios most of the time, except for the concern on its quality and A$$. It's much better furnished, but not necessarily better engineered in my view and so very spacious too. Regarding DZire, I'd take Etios anyday for its space, ride quality, negligible turbo lag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Etios is nothing but the decade old Echo from Toyota.

toyota: toyota echo
Toyota ECHO

I am not sure how you can say that the 10 year old car is superior to the Swift you booked.
If a car fulfills my needs better, I would not care if it has descended from some old technology.

Quote:

8. Am I worried about the interior looks?

Not at all, as long a it is durable, functional and practical.
You can actually improve upon the interior aesthetics to a good extent by putting good seat covers. It really helps.
RadiantKarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 19:38   #222

Quote:
Welcome to TBHP. Now I just visited your site and honestly and sincerely I failed to see the so called problems. Most of them are about high NVH levels and poor mileage, someone was complaining about just one reverse light and so on. I will really appreciate if you post your car's issue in detail here so that we can all judge for ourselves.

Regarding the dealer telling you its a cheap product: I feel you misinterpreted him. Compared to the Altis you will find cost cutting in the etios. There is a reason why you can buy almost 3 Etios cars instead of just 1 Altis. Otherwise also dealers in India are not the best people to interact as most have not much idea about what they are really selling. We have countless experiences in the forum about total lack of knowledge of the Dealer/SA.

Looking forward to an in depth report about the problems being faced by you.

Regards,
Mohit
Hi Mohit

Thanks for visiting the site. This is the platform for myself and the people like me who feel that they have some issues with their Toyota ETIOS.
Before I answer I need to clarify that I am talking about a personal car which I have bought and I have spent 7.5L for my Toyota ETIOS V Model
and I had trusted the engineering of a great automobile manufacturer-Toyota. Please I will again reiterate that I have purchased a personal car and not STATE TRANSPORT BUS that I can accept the poor performance of the vehicle which includes low Fuel Economy, vibrations and noise inside the passenger cabin, road noise inside the passenger cabin. Low pickup etc.

As you have not gone through the pain of having a bad experience with your automobile you can defend Toyota ETIOS or may be for some other reasons as well but I have a cause with me.

Toyota dealer very clearly told me that it is a cheap product, it was his foolishness to compare it with Altis. Even the Nano has the weather gaskets which is the most economical car in India. Cost of 5 Nanos is equal to Toyota ETIOS.

Santro, i10, i20,Indica, Zen, WagonR, Swift, Swift Dezire they are all sold close to 2L vehicles as compared to only 2500 units of Toyota ETIOS but still the people buying those vehicles are happy and mostly satisfied but in ETIOS they are unhappy.

ETIOS is performing only on the internet reviews which is written by biased or professional writers.

I think the weather gaskets which are very essential in the car are also absent from ETIOS this is because of poor design engineering from Toyota. These gaskets act as dampers for sound and vibrations and Toyota has done a very big mistake by ignoring it for cost cutting.

If there is no problem with ETIOS then why is company giving away free insurance and low interest rates on loan and heavy discounts.

Toyota cars are good but only those which are manufactured multi-nationally and have been launched and tested in all the parts of the world like Innova, Corolla, Camry, Altis, etc
Quote:
Welcome to TBHP. Now I just visited your site and honestly and sincerely I failed to see the so called problems. Most of them are about high NVH levels and poor mileage, someone was complaining about just one reverse light and so on. I will really appreciate if you post your car's issue in detail here so that we can all judge for ourselves.

Regarding the dealer telling you its a cheap product: I feel you misinterpreted him. Compared to the Altis you will find cost cutting in the etios. There is a reason why you can buy almost 3 Etios cars instead of just 1 Altis. Otherwise also dealers in India are not the best people to interact as most have not much idea about what they are really selling. We have countless experiences in the forum about total lack of knowledge of the Dealer/SA.

Looking forward to an in depth report about the problems being faced by you.

Regards,
Mohit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Hey Munish, we're eagerly awaiting the details of the specific problems with your car. drmohitg has also requested for the same earlier. Let's not be judgmental about the claims of Toyota or the motives of the dealer, it can be quite subjective.

I read in one of the threads that you are frustrated with NVH levels in your car. In my case, I have substantially mitigated noise through the following measures
  • 3M rubberized underbody coating for ~2.2 k
  • OEM rubber Boot mat for 1.6 k
  • I have also put an additional set of plastic floor mats over the fabric ones, not sure if it mitigates the NVH though

Regarding vibrations, I have had detailed interactions with the Service Centre. I am given to understand that certain batches of Etios were tuned too heavily for FE and the cars were vibrating , and even stalling, on idle. Toyota has now given a procedure to retune the fuel injectors by reprogramming the ECU. I wonder if your car belongs to that particular batch and if ECU reprogramming would help the case.

On my part, I have found the Toyota service system amazingly polite and quite prompt and responsive.

You'd also mentioned about the problem of backache with Etios. In one of my long drives, I also faced same problem. On return, I just adjusted the seat little further in front. On my return trip, I was very comfortable. You may want to check if you've pushed your seat too far back.

Just sharing the info in case it helps.
Really appreciate your suggestions.

I already have the following done immediately after the purchase. But these did not affect the performance of ETIOS
Under body anti rust coating
Teflon coating on the paint surface.
OEM rubber mats with locks
OEM cloth mats with locks
OEM floor mat for boot space.

I had very enthusiastically bought my ETIOS and did not compromise on any treatment or accessories apart from OEM.

The back ache is because of the excessive vibrations in side the passenger cabin. The doors, window glass also vibrate at idle condition. It will be difficult to explain but very painful to experience.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th October 2011 at 08:16.
Old 23rd October 2011, 19:58   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
drmohitg has already tried to assuage your concerns. Let my tell you that Toyota A$$ personnel are amazingly polite and attentive to the customer's concerns. During my first service visit, I felt I had stepped on to some different planet. But let me not go overboard, as I'm yet to try them out over a long term and time will only reveal them further to me.
Sounds re-assuring.
I used to love the care I get from MSM ( Maruti Service Masters ) and MASS ( Maruti Authorized Service Centers ). So, was a bit skeptical about switching brands, since I've seen how bad Tata and FIAT are on that front.

Quote:
There is no issue with the wipe area. But my experience says that the single wiper takes just a little longer travel time to clean driver side glass area that requires the driver to be that much more alert in heavy rains, especially in the dark. My personal preference is dual wiper. Anyways, no other user on the forum has so far corroborated my experience on this.
That sounds more logical. I'll try it out myself on heavy rain.

Quote:
Indian people have barely known the meaning of long-term reliability in this lower end segment. For them, Maruti has been the God in absence of anything better. Hondas and Toyotas will teach us the real meaning when the cars will continue to run damn well without fuss even after 3-4 lacs of kms on the odo. Worldwide Suzuki has always lagged way behind the Big Japs on long-term reliability front, and no reason why it would be different here.
I'm a Suzuki fan for their expertise in building peppy refined small engines. But, at the same time, when it comes to reliability and durability, Toyota comes out on top. Not sure what all contributes to that. Maybe, better technology, bigger engines ( less strain on the engine to produce the same power ), better suspension setup ( which reduces the vibrations and shock that various parts on the vehicle has to take ), and the light weight design ( like all other Japanese cars which further reduces the strain on the engine )

Quote:
Personally, I would take Manza over Etios most of the time, except for the concern on its quality and A$$. It's much better furnished, but not necessarily better engineered in my view and so very spacious too. Regarding DZire, I'd take Etios anyday for its space, ride quality, negligible turbo lag.
True. Had Maruti made the Manza, I would have definitely preferred it over Etios.

Quote:
If a car fulfills my needs better, I would not care if it has descended from some old technology.
+1. It's your requirements that matter, not how old the technology is, as long as the technology is durable and efficient which in Etios' case, it is.

Quote:
You can actually improve upon the interior aesthetics to a good extent by putting good seat covers. It really helps.
True. Could you please post pictures of your Etios interiors with seat covers on ? If it is already posted, please share the link.

The only thing, that I find real bad on the Etios is the center console, the small trip meter and the needle behind the fonts of the speedo. ( even though, I like the setup during night when the backlit is on. ). But, I can live with it for sure when I get a lot of other good options.

Last edited by Amartya : 24th October 2011 at 00:17. Reason: Minor edit, removed a smiley. Cheers.
Old 24th October 2011, 07:59   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for replying finally. We waited for a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munish myetios View Post
Hi Mohit
I have purchased a personal car and not STATE TRANSPORT BUS that I can accept the poor performance of the vehicle which includes low Fuel Economy, vibrations and noise inside the passenger cabin, road noise inside the passenger cabin. Low pickup etc.
Did you take a TD before booking the car?

Quote:
Toyota dealer very clearly told me that it is a cheap product, it was his foolishness to compare it with Altis. Even the Nano has the weather gaskets which is the most economical car in India. Cost of 5 Nanos is equal to Toyota ETIOS.
What is with weather gaskets. Member Amalji above clearly told and also the mods who covered the official TD review that the gaskets are present but not in there usual position. And there is no water seepage issues due to this. That only arises due to a shoddy after market work done on your car for speakers etc.

Quote:
Santro, i10, i20,Indica, Zen, WagonR, Swift, Swift Dezire they are all sold close to 2L vehicles as compared to only 2500 units of Toyota ETIOS but still the people buying those vehicles are happy and mostly satisfied but in ETIOS they are unhappy.
Do you have any statistics? I think people buying those cars also face issues. Ever heard of the famous rattles of Maruti products? Or poor braking issues of the new swift? Steering rattles from the Hyundai cars has also been consistently present in most of there cars. Any comments on that?

Quote:
ETIOS is performing only on the internet reviews which is written by biased or professional writers.
Atleast TBHP reviews are not biased. They are the reason I fell in love with this forum because of the total unbiased nature of them. Have you gone through them?

Quote:
I think the weather gaskets which are very essential in the car are also absent from ETIOS this is because of poor design engineering from Toyota.
They are not absent as I told you. Do check the official TD review.

Quote:
If there is no problem with ETIOS then why is company giving away free insurance and low interest rates on loan and heavy discounts.
Thats being given on the Petrol car Only mate. Diesel has a waiting of more then 2-3 months. Petrol cars have a discount and all the companies are giving it. Did you hear about Honda's massive discounts and price cuts? So you believe that Honda cars had a problem?
No its just because of increasing cost of petrol, people are shifting towards diesel cars.

Last edited by Amartya : 24th October 2011 at 11:45. Reason: Edited out the stray "quote" tags. Cheers.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 16:58   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Luckily, there are very few people who think like this - just imagine what would have happened to the world if everyone decided to baseline and settle with one day's technology for the generations to come! In such a case, I would be typing this from my old 386 PC using Netscape navigator instead of Swyping it from my smartphone.

Jokes apart, Which all needs are fulfilled in a better way (apart from the boot space) when you compare Etios with the new Swift? Just asking because I am curious to know in what all aspects Etios really 'wow's one and in what all aspects new Swift needs improvement.

Last edited by clevermax : 24th October 2011 at 17:13.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed