Team-BHP - Frustrated Etios owner places Ad with complaints
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Frustrated Etios owner places Ad with complaints (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/106353-frustrated-etios-owner-places-ad-complaints.html)

I saw an different 'For Sale' advertisement for Toyota Etios, from coimbatore. I dont know whether owner is bold enough to give fact about the problem for the prospective buyer or is he frustrated by owning this piece.

Anyway i have uploaded the picture taken from my mobile cam (sorry for low picture quality)

Source: Dinamalar (Tamil Daily) 19 August 2011, coimbatore Edition.

Mods : Feel free to edit this post or move this topic

I have got another link from web regarding Water seepage. I think its design fault , rather than material quality.

http://www.consumercomplaints.in/com...t-c620541.html

http://www.consumercomplaints.in/com...s-c629016.html

The above customers from New delhi also complain about water seepage, and their claim for mileage also around 10 kmpl, but toyota claims 17.5kmpl

So i think Toyota quality is not like they were in qualis.

Looks like the owner is fustrated with the dealer Anamalaias Toyota.

Its high time for them to react and hope the owner of the car has reported the problem to Toyota.

i think we cannot blame dealer, since another etios owner(in consumer complaint website) also complains about the door beading and poor mileage. As my assumption it may be 80% design fault and 20% material quality fault.

This is shocking. One doesn't expect to hear such stuff about Toyota generally. Is this whole idea of cost cutting justified? I guess the real test for Toyota stands now since its entered the numbers game by jumping into the entry level segments.

my-toyota-etios-sedan-homepage

Full detailed information by the owner.

This was waiting to happen. The amount of "Visible" cost cutting in the Etios/Liva made one wonder about the "invisible" compromises in the vehicle.

Lesson for all of us, never go by reputation of the manufacturer - be it Toyota or Maruti.

This makes me wonder, if Honda can give such a high quality vehicle (Jazz) now at a competitive price tag - with Brio expected at even lesser, why does Toyota have to make a glaring cheap vehicle like Etios?

clap:LOL.....

Thats the smartest bit of consumer revenge I have seen!!

Will have to wait and watch whether Etios/Liva's water proofing problems begin to affect Toyota's reputation for 'bullet proof' reliability !!:D

Interesting observation, Im currently in Dhaka, and see a huge number of Toyota cars here. Funnily I dont see any Indian toyota's, so no Innova, Etios, Qualis at all, Even the corolla's are imported from Japan. When I ask the locals, they all say, Indian cars are bad quality, they prefer buying reconditioned, i.e 5 year old Jap cars at 20 lac takkas +, but they dont want Indian cars. Wonder if this is the image of all Indian manufactured cars abroad, and from the looks of this complaint, it seems that the Indian car buyer is indeed being taken for granted with poor quality automobiles.

Must have take a cue from the TATA campaigns.

From the time, I sat in an Etios I knew the car is not a typical Toyota. Cost cutting to the core. Indian made Corollas are much better than what I have seen abroad. I know this is a harsh statement, but the Etios is a Kirloskar car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 2474271)

From the time, I sat in an Etios I knew the car is not a typical Toyota. Cost cutting to the core. Indian made Corollas are much better than what I have seen abroad. I know this is a harsh statement, but the Etios is a Kirloskar car.

Agreed about the product, but spare the Kirloskars- what role could they have in its development? And there are many amongst us who are satisfied users of Kirloskar machinery.

God, to think people wait months for such a car makes me wonder why...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo
Must have take a cue from the TATA campaigns.

I don't get why are you getting on Kirloskar here. There is no connection.

WOW.Toyota Cars with problems

Where are the Tata build quality bashers! My car does not leak or rattle after 23K kms!

lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by torquecurve (Post 2474376)
WOW.Toyota Cars with problems

Where are the Tata build quality bashers! My car does not leak or rattle after 23K kms!

lol:

lol: Same thoughts. Being a Tata owner myself, I have never had a leaking car for last 5 years. Is it a time to start "Etios - List of Problems Thread"?

I am just curios to know if Toyota goes the Vodafone way and sues this hapless soul for defamation!

I feel sorry for the chap, to go through all this after paying lakhs of rupees is just not done. Toyota, you listening?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachinj12 (Post 2474389)
I am just curios to know if Toyota goes the Vodafone way and sues this hapless soul for defamation!

I feel sorry for the chap, to go through all this after paying lakhs of rupees is just not done. Toyota, you listening?

I dont think Toyota would try to do something like that. It will only destroy their image.

Anyone tried contacting this poor bloke? ask him to join Team-bhp?