Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2006, 08:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pre Budget Discounts

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1422085.cms

If the 8% reduction kicks in, it might still not make this much of a good deal. Of course, there may be newer launches/versions driving these numbers too.
Old 21st February 2006, 11:07   #2
BHPian

Hi Sameer,

Whats ur guess -- is the 8% reduction going to kick in bcoz as per the arcticle they dont think so.

I have to buy a mid size sedan and waiting for budget. Moreover i dont see any good practical buy other than Accent but i dont like that Korean stuff.

Anyways .................

Cheers,
Namit.
Old 21st February 2006, 11:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit
Hi Sameer,
I have to buy a mid size sedan and waiting for budget. Moreover i dont see any good practical buy other than Accent but i dont like that Korean stuff.
Namit.
I am with you in not having a good opinion about Korean stuff.
But, why are there not other options other than Accent ?
I mean there is the Baleno, Ikon, Corsa, Aveo, Fiesta etc etc.
Why are they not a good practical buy ?
Old 21st February 2006, 11:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sameer,

Whats ur guess -- is the 8% reduction going to kick in bcoz as per the arcticle they dont think so.
They better - cause once the IRDA stops regulating motor insurance premia, they'll shoot up - and then auto street is in trouble unless that gets absorbed elsewhere. Can you imagine paying 30k -40k for a red midsizer if u're under 30 ? Fuel will not seem that expensive anymore. Have fun.
Old 22nd February 2006, 09:14   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
I am with you in not having a good opinion about Korean stuff.
But, why are there not other options other than Accent ?
I mean there is the Baleno, Ikon, Corsa, Aveo, Fiesta etc etc.
Why are they not a good practical buy ?

Hi !!
Actually why i say that Accent is a practical buy bcoz IKON / Fiesta being Fords have very high maintenance costs, Corsa has reached end of life / sale in India, Marutis (Baleno and Esteem) are going the Corsa way by this year end max - confirmed with high Maruti officials and Aveo is yet to be launched although it does seem a good package but i cant wait for another 3 months uptil when the reviews would be out.

Just to let you know that i booked Baleno Lxi and cancelled just the day before bcoz i had confirmed news that its geting discontinued in another 7-8 months time.

My love is Petra but it doesnt have a good image and moreover its of the same Corsa / Ikon era.

So that leaves me with the Korean.

Wat say ??

Waiting to hear from you.
Old 22nd February 2006, 10:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just to let you know that i booked Baleno Lxi and cancelled just the day before bcoz i had confirmed news that its geting discontinued in another 7-8 months time.

So that leaves me with the Korean.
That IS news. MUL finally discontinuing full models (not variants like the 1000).

But in that case should you consider the Accent too ? Grapevine has it that it would also be discontinued soon with the 'new' Accent.
Old 22nd February 2006, 11:04   #7
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I doubt if the accent will be discontinued...what i got from the sales guys is that the accent will definitely continue ( like the ikon flair ) and the new accent will be launched here under another name ( verna i suppose ). Maybe they will reduce the price of the gls???
Old 22nd February 2006, 11:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002?
I doubt if the accent will be discontinued...what i got from the sales guys is that the accent will definitely continue ( like the ikon flair ) and the new accent will be launched here under another name ( verna i suppose ). Maybe they will reduce the price of the gls???
In that case it'll be very difficult for them to give different trim levels/variants.
Currently GLE and GLS ranges from slightly more than 5 to slightly more than 6. Elantra base model is slightly more than 7.
Where would the new Accent fit in price wise ? They'll then have to discontinue the 1.6 GLS and drop the GLE prices to below 5 OTR, to create space for the new Accent. Even then it'll be a tight fit.
Old 22nd February 2006, 11:38   #9
BHPian

The Verna would be placed somewhere in 7L category, from what I heard. And Hyundai would do well to phase out the GLE and push up GLS sales by decreasing it's cost. For 6 lakhs, the ABS version of GLS is a steal.
Old 22nd February 2006, 12:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well, Hyundai will actually price Verna around 7 Lakhs (while continuing with Accent) and once they fool enough people, they will discontinue Accent comletely and slash the price for Verna to around 5 Lakhs...

Expect heavy price cuts on new Sonata also...
Old 22nd February 2006, 12:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude
The Verna would be placed somewhere in 7L category, from what I heard.
Where would that leave the Elantra ? A T-BHPian recently bought a GLS for 7.75 !! Base version would be around 7L. Verna has got to be lower than that.
Old 22nd February 2006, 12:30   #12
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Esteem and Baleno will not get discontinued in near future. The talks for the same has been going on for 3 years now. Moreover before discontinuing they will have to identify, localize and get those models cleared for Indian roads. This process takes about 1.5-2 yrs, and to my knowledge Maruti is not even thru with the identification stage yet.

BTW, sale of both Esteem and Baleno are going satisfactory at the moment. So most likely even when the replacement comes, it might be placed parallel to the current models (like 800 and Alto co-exist since last 4 yrs)...
Old 22nd February 2006, 13:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677
Maruti Esteem and Baleno will not get discontinued in near future. The talks for the same has been going on for 3 years now. Moreover before discontinuing they will have to identify, localize and get those models cleared for Indian roads. This process takes about 1.5-2 yrs, and to my knowledge Maruti is not even thru with the identification stage yet.

BTW, sale of both Esteem and Baleno are going satisfactory at the moment. So most likely even when the replacement comes, it might be placed parallel to the current models (like 800 and Alto co-exist since last 4 yrs)...

Hi All !!

Maruti is known to be reactive and not proactive on launching new models in India. Hyundai has forced Maruti to make changes.

The news i gave in my previous post is absolutely true and also to inform you that entire Maruti stable is going to be revamped with new launches although it may happen step by step but as for Esteem and Baleno i know they r selling well but have become aged cars and i have confirmed from a Maruti top official and their dealers (although they will not pass on this info until you press them hard).

Can anyone explain as to why cosmetic changes in Baleno werent carried out last Novemeber like the Esteem. trust me it would have further pushed Baleno's sales and to be honest this car is selling only bcoz of hugeeeee discounts.

I am not boasting on anything but being honest and making it clear just to help any prospective buyer to think on these things before making a decision.

As for accent, i have confirmed news that Accent will continue to sell along with Verna just the way Ikon is selling along with Fiesta however my guess is that GLE will remain continued and not GLS bcoz i expect Verna to be launched in 1.6 variant and 1.8 new engine.

So thats why i say Accent makes practical sense.

I like the way someone in this post said - " uptil Hyundai has made enough fools only then will they price Verna at around 5 ".

Cheers.
Old 22nd February 2006, 13:56   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677

I would like to further add one more thing -

The Maruti official i am referring to met me at Auto expo and couldnt give me a verbal commitment if Baleno would continue to be in the showrooms for atleast another one year.
He said he expects it to remain on sale for 9 months max.
Old 22nd February 2006, 14:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He said he expects it to remain on sale for 9 months max.
Yipee .. 5 years down the line I'll exchange the Baleno, get loyalty discount and go for the C++/D segment offering that MUL will surely have in place by then .. which would also be selling at huge discounts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks