Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:28   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30

Also, can anyone update me about the grill please? I'd like the Avantgarade grill on my Elegance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981

You can ask the dealer to change the grill, this can be part of your negotiation and they should do it free. I've personally managed to have them say yes for it, though I didn't buy the car post td.
+1. Negotiate with dealer to replace it for free. I was able to negotiate that with my dealer last year when we bought C220. It came with regular grill and they replaced it with Avantgrade grill. Only thing is dealer kept the old grill with him as it was replaced for free.
Old 24th April 2012, 00:56   #32
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz India C-Class facelift soft launched!

Also if you replace the grill, don't forget to get the pointed star logo off the bonnet and replace it with the new embossed one.
Old 24th April 2012, 23:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
+1. Negotiate with dealer to replace it for free. I was able to negotiate that with my dealer last year when we bought C220. It came with regular grill and they replaced it with Avantgrade grill. Only thing is dealer kept the old grill with him as it was replaced for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
Also if you replace the grill, don't forget to get the pointed star logo off the bonnet and replace it with the new embossed one.
Ah, so the pointed one goes, that's nice as idiots, envious idiots here and there would anyways break it and steal it.

How long does this job take? Should I inform them before delivery or during delivery?
Old 24th April 2012, 23:11   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Ah, so the pointed one goes, that's nice as idiots, envious idiots here and there would anyways break it and steal it.

How long does this job take? Should I inform them before delivery or during delivery?
You would need to inform the dealer and speak with him immediately so it can be done prior to delivery. IMO it shouldn't take more than a day

It was done to prevent the stealing i guess, besides it changes the ages old way of keeping it!

Last edited by Karan1981 : 24th April 2012 at 23:13. Reason: Forgot to answer first question
Old 24th April 2012, 23:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, it's nice that 3 pointed star on bonnet is replaced by embossed logo but it's not 100% theft proof either. Those idiots can steal the bigger star from the grill itself.

The grill replacement job should not take long. In my case, they took around 3 hours to replace it.
Old 24th April 2012, 23:19   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, since you too got Elegance anything key which it misses from the Avantgrde? Which possibly should/could be added?

Quote:
You would need to inform the dealer and speak with him immediately so it can be done prior to delivery. IMO it shouldn't take more than a day

It was done to prevent the stealing i guess, besides it changes the ages old way of keeping it!
Yes, I'll have a word with them tomorrow, will let you guys know what they say. Besides that anything worth adding on the car? I was thinking about navigation and rear ICE but at those prices it just doesn't make any sense.
Old 24th April 2012, 23:28   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, since you too got Elegance anything key which it misses from the Avantgrde? Which possibly should/could be added?
I don't know missing features set between Elegance and Avantgrade as I got C220 CDI Executive Edition, a variant lower than Elegance. It's comparable to 320 Corporate Edition. Learning from our past experience of Benz, I did not consider Elegance or Avantgrade as they have lots of electronics involved which can become very unreliable over period of time. This Executive Edition comes with all safety features of higher models but misses creature comfort features.
Old 24th April 2012, 23:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Besides that anything worth adding on the car? I was thinking about navigation and rear ICE but at those prices it just doesn't make any sense.
For Navigation you can buy a tablet from mapmyindia the costliest one also is just 22k with more than a 10 inch screen with navigation, 3g internet, movies, internal storage, 2 or 3 type of holder for back and front installation etc. (there are other options too which are less costly) You can easily scroll through on their website. This can also serve as a rear seat entertainer to watch movies and stuff.

Rear ICE will depend on if the car is primarily chauffer driven? If not then why would you need it, unless you have more members at the back seat always?

Do keep us posted.
Old 24th April 2012, 23:34   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know missing features set between Elegance and Avantgrade as I got C220 CDI Executive Edition, a variant lower than Elegance. It's comparable to 320 Corporate Edition. Learning from our past experience of Benz, I did not consider Elegance or Avantgrade as they have lots of electronics involved which can become very unreliable over period of time. This Executive Edition comes with all safety features of higher models but misses creature comfort features.
Ah, dint know such an edition existed. Nevermind, glad you found the right car for you

Quote:

For Navigation you can buy a tablet from mapmyindia the costliest one also is just 22k with more than a 10 inch screen with navigation, 3g internet, movies, internal storage, 2 or 3 type of holder for back and front installation etc. (there are other options too which are less costly) You can easily scroll through on their website. This can also serve as a rear seat entertainer to watch movies and stuff.

Rear ICE will depend on if the car is primarily chauffer driven? If not then why would you need it, unless you have more members at the back seat always?

Do keep us posted.
Ah, yes have those GPS devices, won't bother to put them in the car... Just the fun of inbuilt GPS is different, quite surprised its missing... Even XUV has it.

Sadly,its family car, chauffuer driven, I'll be driving the Camry will probably put the carpad jn that.

Yes, plan to start ownership thread on first, which is when delivery is scheduled.
Old 25th April 2012, 02:39   #40
BHPian

[quote=madnish30;2756794]Hey, since you too got Elegance anything key which it misses from the Avantgrde? Which possibly should/could be added?

Elegance and advantgrde have quite a few differences, like the elegence doesn't come with as many skirtings and aluminium trim for sporty ambience. It comes with wood grain interiors with man made leather upholstery.

Even the interior color of seats the advantgrde 4 options vs 3 in elegance.

These are a few i could remember, but you can check exact details on their website by downloading a simple pdf (5mb) and it will tell you about all variants including the C 63 AMG .

Cheers!
Old 25th April 2012, 02:43   #41
BHPian

[quote=Karan1981;2756894]
Quote:

Elegance and advantgrde have quite a few differences, like the elegence doesn't come with as many skirtings and aluminium trim for sporty ambience. It comes with wood grain interiors with man made leather upholstery.

Even the interior color of seats the advantgrde 4 options vs 3 in elegance.

These are a few i could remember, but you can check exact details on their website by downloading a simple pdf (5mb) and it will tell you about all variants including the C 63 AMG .

Cheers!

Ah, yes aware of that - go back a few posts listed the differences, besides the grill I did not find anything major missing, and since I plan to work the grill... Think it should be just fine! Ideally would ha e gone for Avantgrade as price difference is negligible, but due to availibility and offer din't.

Cheers!
Old 26th April 2012, 08:13   #42
BHPian

Posting an update here - after talking to the dealer, he agreed that the change is possible and that he will change the classic grill to new one, and also but embossed logo instead of pointed three pointer.

However, he said he can do this "free" only if he has this in stock at the moment.

Hoping he does, delivery is sometime around 1st/2nd/3rd May.

Will confirm later today what he does.
Old 10th May 2012, 18:30   #43
BHPian

Just an update - took the delivery of a Black C250 CDI, delivery experience was awesome, so is the car.

Dealer had fitted the sporty grill, but that for me (personal choice) wrecked the rich looks of the car, so got the elegance grill back on (which to me looks much more rich and elegant).

Will try and post a ownership thread with pics - not driven much, just got to drive it for 30-40kms.

Cheers!
Old 10th May 2012, 19:04   #44
BHPian

Congrats Madnish30 on your beauty, do post pictures and an ownership review thread is surely awaited.

Cheers!
Karan1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 20:03   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dealer had fitted the sporty grill, but that for me (personal choice) wrecked the rich looks of the car, so got the elegance grill back on (which to me looks much more rich and elegant).
Congrats on a fabulous car.

You did a good thing by retaining the elegance grill. I wanted to suggest not to get the sporty grill but then it is very subjective, so decided not to comment. Maybe people want sporty grill as it is harder to steal :-)

It is very satisfying to have this view on open roads (pic taken by me):
Mercedes-Benz India C-Class facelift soft launched!-20120504715.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks