Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 19:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz India C-Class facelift soft launched!

Hello all,

Mercedes-Benz India since the 27th August 2011 has soft launched the new Mercedes-Benz C-Class and most cities have a private preview at malls or hotels depending on the place where you are located.

Most displays are using the C200 CGI using the 7G-Tronic transmission in 'Avantgarde' trim which includes for the first time in it's segment a panorama roof, and intelligent light system and Advanced Park guidance system. The car while a facelift is quite an extensive facelift pictures of which have been posted in another thread,

The models that will be launched for now are C200 CGI and C250 CDI, in Avantgarde & Elegance trims, Elegance models lose the Panorama roof instead you get a normal sun roof, and also instead of the aluminium trim you have wooden trim and ofcourse few other minor changes, like the grill without the star, and the only negative as mentioned is the C250 CDI for now will not have the 7G transmission reasons for which are not given.

Do call your local Mercedes-Benz dealer for more information, or else you may wait for next week when official prices will be out.

Regards,
Old 29th August 2011, 23:44   #2
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz India C-Class facelift soft launched!

Its disappointing to learn no 7 speed for 250 cdi. Any confirmation about keyless ignition and start stop button?
Old 30th August 2011, 12:31   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

"Mercedes Benz India has announced that its new C-Class will be launched on the 1st of September in a New Delhi event. The launch was expected to happen in the first half of September and Mercedes is ahead of time on this one.
Mercedes Benz does not have the kind of volume models BMW or Audi has. Audi’s next major launch will be the Q3 which we expect to premiere at the Auto Expo in New Delhi during January. BMW’s next generation 3 Series is rumored to be a step ahead of the other two German sedans and will be interesting to see if it captures a lion’s share of the 30-40 lakh rupee sedan pie."

Cheers!

Mercedes Benz India lands new C-Class on September 1
Old 30th August 2011, 13:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ah! So that explains it!

I saw a MB stall being prepared at Oberon Mall, Cochin. But, the car was still under wraps and the general public was not allowed in the stall. Maybe they are waiting for Sept 1 to unveil the car. Meanwhile, the closed stall helps to build curiosity.
Old 1st September 2011, 08:39   #5
BHPian

Re: SCOOP!!! The stunning new Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Superb.!!! Wonderful scoop pics. The stall was put up here at the local mall and i was allowed in for a sneak peek But no photos were allowed! how did you manage to click?

The head lamp is too Laura-ish to me. Otherwise beautiful proportions....The inside also look sleek and modern, if a bit strict. But Mercs had always adhered to that style.
Old 1st September 2011, 09:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yet to get a clear shot of those new parking lights(?)

Apart from facelift, any other changes?
Old 1st September 2011, 11:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

The front looks like the Laura to me now :( No good for a Merc.
Old 1st September 2011, 11:27   #8
BHPian

Too much of chrome for a C-class.
And the videos; the official video is very out of place for the Merc Sedan, probably the wagon version suits the background better.
An average effort I would say
Old 1st September 2011, 13:18   #9
BHPian

Re: SCOOP!!! The face-lift Mercedes-Benz C-Class

The front is a adapted from the AMG, the new C-Class has got 2 trim levels the Elegance‏ and the Avantgarde
Old 1st September 2011, 13:21   #10
BHPian

Re: SCOOP!!! The face-lift Mercedes-Benz C-Class

the instrument panel looks LCD ie, no physical needles. Laura L&K looks better finished inside
Old 1st September 2011, 14:49   #11
BHPian

Brochure released

http://www.mercedes-benz.co.in/conte...20Brochure.pdf
Old 1st September 2011, 15:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Finally the car is out and now available at your local dealerships for test drives, aggressive prices for the fully loaded avantgarde variants Rs 29.79 lakh ex-showroom for the petrol version and Rs 32.30 lakh for the diesel, this may vary in different regions but not much. Lets hope the lower variants come in soon and put in a good value to get Mercedes closer to it's desire of being #1 in India again.

This battle is heating up big time and now time for Audi to add some more equipment to the A4 and the 3 will now bow down and make way for the all new 3 in 2012.

999, The instrument panel is a combination of LCD / Analogue needles, and looks brilliant esp. with a high resolution screen now instead of the dot matrix, and I can assure you this C-Class is far better finished from Inside and the quality is very high and a lot of areas have been addressed by Mercedes in the facelift. Do take a look at the car in person and it will change your opinion,

jkdas, Lot of equipment is now standard including Panorama Roof, Intelligent Lights system, Bluetooth audio streaming, Advanced Parking guidance system, etc. It all adds up to a great value and makes this the product to own for now. They have also added very stylish alloys as standard and the lights have a brilliant extension of the famous Mercedes grill imitating its shape in a perfect manner at night,

Regards,

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 1st September 2011 at 15:33.
Old 1st September 2011, 18:37   #13

Thanks for the prices S350L-E240, even the dealer when i called around mid-day today didn't know the prices.
Actually when i went for the preview they said they were expecting the prices to go up by 1L something but surprisingly they remain the same if not reduced.
And thanks also to nishantmohan for the e-brochure.
Old 1st September 2011, 21:26   #14
BHPian

checked it out in the showroom today.

The interiors are absolutely stunning. I really like the panaromic roof too.

The rep said he'll email me the price but indicated it'll be at 33-34lks ex showroom hyd...

It's really a shame they aren't releasing it in red.
Old 1st September 2011, 22:34   #15
BHPian

hey hold on. Where did all the pictures disappear? deleted? Just went through the brochure. They give a 5 speed auto for the oil burner ( I always complained about a 4 speed auto in Verna ). 7Gtronic is only for the C63 AMG?

Last edited by 999 : 1st September 2011 at 22:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks