Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 06:14   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetghai1978 View Post
Upcoming Hyundai Eon 800 cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetghai1978 View Post
Picture of Interior of Hyundai Eon.
Thanks for the efforts taken in posting these pics puneet.

So, the Eon, as expected, continues the 'Fluidic Sculpture' design philosophy of Hyundai. And boy, does it look dramatic. The front and rear are spot-on and superbly designed while the profile looks a bit odd. Either the picture is skewed badly or if not, Hyundai has got the profile of the Eon badly proportioned. The wheels are too small and the rear fender is way too big (very similar to the all-new Ford Fiesta in this aspect).

As with most Hyundais, the interior is very good for its price. Overall, Hyundai is having a sure-shot winner in its hands.

But, how on earth does Hyundai expect the Santro and, to an extent, even the i10 to sell when the Eon is going to retail for a price lesser than either of those? Its better for Hyundai to stop Santro Xing and divert its capacity to produce Eons. They sure will have to make thousands of these every month.
Old 19th September 2011, 06:53   #137
Senior - BHPian

I like the front, I can live with the rear, but the side profile is messed up. The car has too much "muscle" for its size. The dash design looks good - and much better than chief competition, the Alto. The 800cc engine should in theory mean good FE, but I think the Alto will still be more efficient (Suzuki > Hyundai).

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Yeah I was wondering, how is the i10 going to sell if this is offered at 50k less?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
But, how on earth does Hyundai expect the Santro and, to an extent, even the i10 to sell when the Eon is going to retail for a price lesser than either of those?
Regarding Santro in particular, the non-AC version starts at Rs.2.8L. Hyundai can simply withdraw the non-AC Santro and create space for the Eon in the Rs.2.5L to Rs.3.5L range.

Hyundai can learn from MUL - bombard the customer with choices from the same showroom. If Eon starts at Rs.2.5L, then Hyundai has got the entire range from Rs.2.5L to Rs.7.5L covered with Eon, Santro, i10 and i20. And then with Verna to about Rs.10.5L. A customer walking into Hyundai showroom will not have to walk out because there isn't a car to fit his budget. Santro and i10 may lose some numbers, but Hyundai will hope to make up much more than that with Eon numbers.
Old 19th September 2011, 08:16   #138
Senior - BHPian

From an economic times article on the Eon,these are some points which i thought should be mentioned.

1.Launch will be between October 10 and 15.

2.Starting price will be from 2.5 lakhs to 2.6 lakhs, and the highest variant of the Eon will be cheaper than the lowest variant of the i10.

3.Sports "Fluidic" design characteristics.

4.Engine:814cc Mileage is said to be 21.1km/l

5.Compares to Alto in length buts is wider and taller by 75mm and 45mm respectively

6.NO plans of withdrawing the Santro.

8.Features in the Eon:-

Keyless entry,Driver airbags,Front power windows,Fog lamps,Central locking,Two
tone interiors.

9.Was conceived,designed and produced exclusively for the Indian market.

1.Looking at initial sales of 10,000 Eons per month.
Old 19th September 2011, 09:29   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
From an economic times article on the Eon,these are some points which i thought should be mentioned.

6.NO plans of withdrawing the Santro.

8.Features in the Eon:-

Keyless entry,Driver airbags,Front power windows,Fog lamps,Central locking,Two
tone interiors.
Airbags on offer - thats a first in the segment if I am not mistaken . Also, it will be interesting to see Eon and decade old Santro selling side by side.
Old 19th September 2011, 10:47   #140
Senior - BHPian

Here is the link to Zigwheels article on the Eon:

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...feature/9582/1

Sounds similar to ET article on the car (why not), but the artist images are horrendous IMO.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 10:51   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Starting price will be from 2.5 lakhs to 2.6 lakhs, and the highest variant of the Eon will be cheaper than the lowest variant of the i10.
Quote:
Keyless entry,Driver airbags,Front power windows,Fog lamps,Central locking,Two tone interiors.
The cheapest i10 (D-Lite iRDE2) sells for 4.14 lacs on road in Chennai. If the EON can give all of the features mentioned above for anything less than 4.1 lacs on road, that would be nothing short of amazing

The Alto has some very serious competition finally
Old 19th September 2011, 11:21   #142
BHPian

Though the design looks good it will be interesting to know the cost of spares. Only time will tell on the maintanence costs. Those headlights and bumpers will cost a fortune. My i10s bumper is slightly thicker than a tissue paper wrapped around the body and it costs several ks to replace. Haven't the success of Altos and other Maruti stable attributed to the ease of maintanence? With a hyundai and such a design I doubt it.
Old 19th September 2011, 11:58   #143
BHPian

Santro will be strictly used for taxi cabs. In the last few months most of the taxi cabs in Mumbai seem to be upgraded and more number of Santros/Estilos/WagonR/Eecos are being seen on the road
Old 19th September 2011, 12:22   #144
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Punnetghai for sharing the pictures.

I have seen Hyundai testing this car a few times in the Chennai-Bangalore highway, but with all the tarpaulin that can be put on the car. The car actually looked similar in size to the i10.

IMHO, the car looks good from the rear. The front is not at all aerodynamic and looks "over-done". The sides have some crazy curves and the tyres look very puny. The car looks as thought it could fit 15 inch rims.

Interiors look up market.

Overall the car looks okay, but could easily attract customers away from i10. Alto may have a threat, but that depends on the mileage the EON is able to milk from a litre of petrol in real world driving.
Old 19th September 2011, 12:48   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Thank you Punnetghai for sharing the pictures.

I have seen Hyundai testing this car a few times in the Chennai-Bangalore highway, but with all the tarpaulin that can be put on the car. The car actually looked similar in size to the i10.
I drive an i10 and I have seen this car in camo quite a few times. This car is noticeable shorter both in length and width than the i10. My car looked larger in comparison to it. Its definitely bigger than the Alto.
I feel the side profile looks too loud. Curve overkill.

Last edited by sethuv : 19th September 2011 at 12:49. Reason: missed the I
Old 19th September 2011, 13:02   #146
Senior - BHPian

Looks like exterior design is done by the guys who were responsible for Verna deform :-). But looking at the price it is going to be a successful attempt by Hyundai and will give tough fight to Alto/K10.
Old 19th September 2011, 13:42   #147
Senior - BHPian

If Maruti can have some product overlaps, why cant Hyundai? Dont forget - Santro is very proven performer and lot of fans too.
Hyundai wont kill it - market will do it slowly over the next 2 yrs I would guess..

Coming to Eon - finally, Alto has competition! More than welcome!!
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 15:16   #148
Senior - BHPian

Guys, curves or no curves, puny tyres or not, that interiors at that price point will definitely have a lot of takers! Yes, the styling is a bit over done for its size and power, but the features it would provide at that price is really stunning. But why is there driver side airbags, but no ABS?
Comparing the Alto with this one, EON offers,
*Better Styling (Subjective, of course, but the Alto is no looker by any standards right?)
*More power (54/57 bhp expected)
*Definitely better interiors by miles
*A much modern product
*A hell lot more features (Driver side Airbags, Fog lamps, Keyless entry!)
And Hyundai A.S.S. is second only to Maruti's huge spread. So if the Eon is able to give real world fuel efficiency, Hyundai has a winner here
P.S. Rear looks like the hatch version of the Fluidic Verna! Check it out guys!
Old 19th September 2011, 15:24   #149
BANNED

Just saw the pricing. Eon: Hyundai's small car to take on Maruti Alto at a starting price of Rs 2.50 lakh - The Economic Times Rs.2.5L starting
Old 19th September 2011, 15:32   #150
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

I have always admired HMIL's commitment to the India customer. They sold their current global models in India and ensured high ownership experience.

EON is another example of Hyundai's commitment to the Indian customer. Maruti will have to up the game as customer expectation at the "A" Segment will also rise.

No doubt this car will cannibalize partly into the Hyundai stable but I guess it is going to cause more damage to competition.

Cheers to HMIL.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks