Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 00:28   #361
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post

@suhaas307:

If you ask me, Hyundai should simply place Santro's 1.1 ltr engine on the Eon and offer the Eon in two engine variants. It would be similar to the 1.1/1.2 engines on the i10 and the 800/1.1 ltr engines on the erstwhile Alto. The Eon 1.1 would be a pocket rocket for sure. For those who want a good engine in a compact body with decent boot space, the Eon 1.1 would have suited just fine.
True!

In fact, the Santro's 1.1 mill would make the Eon a feisty little character. The 1.1 liter mill has so much bottom-end torque, that it can leave much larger and more powerful cars in the dust. I own a Santro so I know this. Brilliant initial performance. And that's exactly what you need a small city car.

But Hyundai need to work on the maintenance costs involved with the Santro. If it gets too expensive to maintain in the long run, it may not be too feasible. The Santro suffers from this. Service bills for older Santros are ridiculously high! Also, the FE is nothing great for a car of it's size and weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
I got to see Hyundai's Alto beater in the flesh today.
My first impression? It's going to be a Nano killer. But, and this is a biiiggg BUT. It has to be priced well enough.
Old 11th October 2011, 07:25   #362
BHPian

Dont know if this has been quoted before but team-bhp has been referred by Indian auto cars bikes news and reviews | Auto India

complete link --> Hyundai Eon is loaded for its price | Rush Lane

by the way good car with nice designs.
Old 11th October 2011, 19:08   #363
Senior - BHPian

While getting my Verna serviced today I saw 3 EON's ( not on display ) as I was told launch is day after.

First Impression - Front looks beautiful and very similar to i10.Side profile is somewhat A Star and i10 Mix. The rear is also somewhat a mini i10.

Interiors are Beautiful and the center console is pretty and works well including AC knobs. Driver gets Airbag in the top 2 models. Top version gets a sunroof as well !! A first for this segment ( I was told this by the rep so maybe it is not true - top variant was not there )

Started the car and it felt nice ( I could not differentiate from the i10 ). But I drive a Verna so I never liked the i10 or any other petrol hatch.

Just spinned around in the small area as I was not allowed to take it outside.

VERDICT - this easily could be 5 digits selling each month. It's easily an Alto beater. Sadly it will finish their Santro off.

Estimated Pricing starts from 2 lacs and ends at 3.15 I am told.
Old 11th October 2011, 19:29   #364
Senior - BHPian

top version ain't getting a sunroof.
Old 11th October 2011, 21:06   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

If this is true - many would be in trouble. Lets wait and watch.
Old 11th October 2011, 22:09   #366
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai India is simply going from strength to strength. The Eon comes into the market at a very crucial phase. For one with the markets expected to be sluggish the Eon will help continue Hyundai's sales growth in India.

To top this once the diesel plant comes into place, meaning cheaper and more diesel engine options across the range, Hyundai will continue to bite chunks out of Maruti's market share.
Old 11th October 2011, 22:22   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar
VERDICT - this easily could be 5 digits selling each month. It's easily an Alto beater. Sadly it will finish their Santro off.

If the pricing turns out anywhere near the above numbers,
- Tata will be the biggest loser. Nano will literally be the 1L car again
- Eon will get the 5 figure sales eventually
- Suzuki is a small car leader. They will definitely give a good competition to the Eon by either discounting Alto or bringing in a new car.

Now that will be competition :-)
Old 11th October 2011, 23:13   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
If the pricing turns out anywhere near the above numbers,
- Tata will be the biggest loser. Nano will literally be the 1L car again
- Eon will get the 5 figure sales eventually
Not sure Nano will take a bigger hit, since this is more focused on Alto segment. So I would expect the Alto sales to change side, take some sales from Santro if this is priced lower than Santro, take some of those Spark sales too.

And knowing Hyundai, they will price it well. Whichever segment they eye on, they sure take the major pie out of it. I would even go to the extent of thinking that Eon will be slightly priced above Alto, still taking away sales - like what Verna did.
Old 11th October 2011, 23:21   #369
BHPian

Guys,

I had almost made my mind to go for Alto K10 for my wife but then I heard about EON. now, am totally game for EON(waiting for T-bhp review:green signal :-)). Can anyone tell me if there are any other new launches(other than EON) planned in this segment? The max I could wait is till march'12 I think...depends on wifeys patience...Thanx.
Old 11th October 2011, 23:26   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde
Guys,

I had almost made my mind to go for Alto K10 for my wife but then I heard about EON. now, am totally game for EON(waiting for T-bhp review:green signal :-)). Can anyone tell me if there are any other new launches(other than EON) planned in this segment? The max I could wait is till march'12 I think...depends on wifeys patience...Thanx.
@nitinhegde
Lots of new launches coming up in this segment over the next 9 months: new M800, Renault-Nissan Modus, VW Up, Skoda Citigo, etc. Of course, check on the expected dates for these cars on the net.
prady16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 23:37   #371
BHPian

Scoop pics!

Saw this car being test driven on Krishnagiri- Vanyambadi highway. I was on high speed, could only manage these pics, thanks to my wife.....poor guy test driving the vehicle pulled it off the road in a jiffy on seeimg us taking pics.

Mods please direct this to an appropriate thread, not sure which category this would come under.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-p1020552.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-p1020553.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-p1020554.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-p1020555.jpg  

Raghunath Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 04:36   #372
BHPian

Re: Scoop pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Saw this car being test driven on Krishnagiri- Vanyambadi highway. I was on high speed, could only manage these pics, thanks to my wife.....poor guy test driving the vehicle pulled it off the road in a jiffy on seeimg us taking pics.

Mods please direct this to an appropriate thread, not sure which category this would come under.
Its definitely Eon. The rear bumper is quite similar to the other pictures posted here. Wonder why its still camouflaged? The pictures are widely available.
Old 12th October 2011, 07:24   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post

IMO, Hyundai could be testing the LPG variant of the Eon and that is why they have still camouflaged it. Indian Autos Blog has posted clear daylight pictures of the Eon LPG being tested with 'LPG' sticker in the rear windshield and 'Blue Drive' badge on the fenders. Hyundai is planning a really big assault with the Eon.

Hyundai Eon LPG caught on test in Chennai - Pics inside

Pics Source: Indian Autos Blog
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundaieonlpgrear.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundaieonlpgside.jpg  

Old 12th October 2011, 14:37   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
IMO, Hyundai could be testing the LPG variant of the Eon and that is why they have still camouflaged it. Indian Autos Blog has posted clear daylight pictures of the Eon LPG being tested with 'LPG' sticker in the rear windshield and 'Blue Drive' badge on the fenders. Hyundai is planning a really big assault with the Eon.

Hyundai Eon LPG caught on test in Chennai - Pics inside

Pics Source: Indian Autos Blog
There is nothing significant about a LPG powered EON on test.

In my opinion, LPG is one of the most corroding fuels and the price difference between LPG and petrol is always shrinking. The money saved today by using LPG will not even be enough to rebuild the engine in a short span of time.
Old 12th October 2011, 15:06   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar

There is nothing significant about a LPG powered EON on test.

In my opinion, LPG is one of the most corroding fuels and the price difference between LPG and petrol is always shrinking. The money saved today by using LPG will not even be enough to rebuild the engine in a short span of time.
It is significant because cars with factory fitted LPG kits are still a rarity. This offers fuel savings without the huge difference in purchase costs associated with diesels these days.

LPG is not anywhere near being the most corroding fuels. It burns clean, and is safe. People are confident of factory fit because it must meet the government safety requirements and is covered under the vehicle manufacturer warranty rather than voiding it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks