Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2009, 19:39   #31
BHPian

Any chance of it coming with an Auto box (like most Hyundais now) ?
Old 18th November 2009, 21:51   #32
BHPian

800 Cr for 800 CC car what a match man .The santro itself a min car and they are deriving a min from Santro. Are they planning for a four seater car ?
Old 19th November 2009, 12:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

The Alto is going to be upgraded with a K series very soon. It should be out in Jan. Don't know what's going to happen to the Maruti 800/Omni. The F8D doesn't meet Euro IV emission norms. The Omni still sells in good numbers.(8000+ units in Oct). It would not be wise for Maruti to pull the plug on this as yet. I don't think the revised Versa can match the Omni's price point, whtever be the engine that's plonked into it.
Old 19th November 2009, 12:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The Alto is going to be upgraded with a K series very soon.
OT.
Any more information on the same.
Old 19th November 2009, 14:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The Alto is going to be upgraded with a K series very soon. It should be out in Jan. Don't know what's going to happen to the Maruti 800/Omni. The F8D doesn't meet Euro IV emission norms. The Omni still sells in good numbers.(8000+ units in Oct). It would not be wise for Maruti to pull the plug on this as yet. I don't think the revised Versa can match the Omni's price point, whtever be the engine that's plonked into it.
well heard a representative from maruti on cnbc, stating maruti 800,alto,omni and wagonR would continue to sell and if needed with new norms getting applicable, they would tune their current set of engines to meet them, so no new engine coming for these vehicles.
Old 19th November 2009, 15:01   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Another small car from hyundai that too aimed at the 800cc segment ruled by india's best selling the Alto. Very good news for the buyers. So now the it will be this car vs Alto vs Spark.
Old 28th March 2010, 01:31   #37
BHPian

Hyundai’s small car to be priced at two lakh rupees

H800 low-cost car project is the most ambitious one Hyundai has undertaken in recent times

Expected to be powered by a new 800cc engine, Hyundai’s small car will be directly pitted against variants of the Tata Nano, Suzuki Alto and the upcoming SAIC micro car. The car, according to Business Standard will come with a petrol engine and research and development of the vehicle is being undertaken in Korea.

Hyundai India official -

We are primarily looking at a petrol variant, with a price tag in the range of Rs 2 lakh.

The Hyundai i10 took over as the Korean company’s best selling model in India. The Santro is doing decent numbers and it could be that the new small car could end up replacing select variants of the Santro. We cannot rule out the possibility of Hyundai selling both side-by-side.

A prototype of this new small car could enter real world testing in India as early as mid-2010. The car will be built in the Sriperumbdur factory near Chennai where the Santro, i10, i20, Accent and Verna are being manufactured.

In the past, this small car has been referred to as the public car connoting its easy accessibility to the masses. The 2-lakh price tag has not been revealed in the past and reaching such a low cost target will no doubt be a daunting task for Hyundai.

Hyundai will not restrict this car to just India. Emerging countries China, Russia, Brazil and many other parts of Asia and Africa could see its introduction.

Source – Business Standard
Old 22nd June 2010, 21:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Guys at IndianautosBlog caught something testing which they speculate is the Hyundai H800. Along with it are artistic impression based on the pic. and description given by the person who got this pic.

Note from Mod : Please continue the discussion over on the new Hyundai H-800 thread
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundai_h800_spied.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundaismallcarh800indiarendering.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 10th July 2010 at 11:19. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Old 26th January 2011, 17:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Scoop shots: Hyundai's HA 800 cc car from ACI

Source: autocarindia.com

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-spyshot1.jpg

Quote:
Here are some of the early spy pics of the soon-to-be launched Hyundai HA. Hyundai is aiming at stealing some of the Nano’s thunder with the inclusion of a Rs 2-3lakh car. At this price point, it will be able to compete with the top-end versions of the Nano and scaled down and slashed products from Maruti as well.
The HA will be based on a pared-down Santro platform, which already costs Hyundai very little and the company will leverage its already fully localised powertrain as well. The motor that powers the car will be an 814cc three-cylinder version of the Epsilon engine in the Santro, developing approximately 48bhp, and Hyundai will carry over other bits and pieces from the Santro too.
Hyundai knows how to build quality products that are well engineered, well suited to Indian conditions, deliver very good fuel economy and the company is at the top of the game as far as parts and service are concerned too.
Expect Hyundai’s all-new small car, the HA to be launched in the second-half of 2011.
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hynd.jpg
Old 26th January 2011, 18:32   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop shots: Hyundai's HA 800 cc car from ACI

I know those are actually holes cut out in the camouflage, but I really like the shape of those headlights!
Old 26th January 2011, 19:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

To me looks just like the new face lifted i10 the silhouette looks quite similar and so do the headlights. It makes sense too just plonking a small engine into an existing car.
Old 26th January 2011, 19:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

I too spotted this car just outside Hyundai factory in SIPCOT Industrial Park. I also took a snap of it in my mobile but there seems to be a problem with my Memory Card , so not able to retrieve the snap. Just like this Autocar India snap, there are people surrounding the car in the snap which I captured too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
To me looks just like the new face lifted i10 the silhouette looks quite similar and so do the headlights. It makes sense too just plonking a small engine into an existing car.
Yes, the car did had resemblance to the i10 and had all the Hyundai family look incorporated into it like the hexagonal family grille (outlined clearly by the camouflage), the fluidic headlights with clear partition for indicators and upward sloping rear windows. But the car was visibly smaller than both the i10 and Santro and could be the perfect competitor for the erstwhile king, the Alto.
Old 27th January 2011, 00:09   #43
BHPian

There was also another thread talking about a new engine being developed for their small car project though it is a one liter 69 BHP engine, not sure whether it will go in here.

This is a good move by Hyundai and it would help them increase their market share in the small car segment and certainly increase the competition. Hyundai going Maruti way by offering different models under 5L to confuse customers

link to other thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ome-india.html
Old 27th January 2011, 08:29   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
To me looks just like the new face lifted i10 the silhouette looks quite similar and so do the headlights.
Looks resemble i10, and it could be a very good thing as i10 is a whole segment above! Infact, it looks big and spacious for an 800cc small car!

Looks like Alto will have some tough competition!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 27th January 2011 at 08:32.
Old 27th January 2011, 09:12   #45
BHPian

Good scoop. 2.6 lacs for a AC + PS version should steal the show from Alto.
IMO, the window profile looks much closer to the new Fiesta that is to be launched here, save for the quarter glass though (both front and rear)
A pic of that here,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed