Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2011, 23:46   #61
BANNED

re: HA 800 - From Hyundai *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on pg.5

From the design shape i m guessing that its a vehicle from ix platform.
Old 28th January 2011, 18:29   #62
Senior - BHPian

Dont think ix is a platform just like i is not a platform (theres i-10, i20 etc)
Old 11th February 2011, 22:45   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop shots: Hyundai's HA 800 cc car from ACI

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I too spotted this car just outside Hyundai factory in SIPCOT Industrial Park. I also took a snap of it in my mobile but there seems to be a problem with my Memory Card , so not able to retrieve the snap.
Ah, at last managed to retrieve the snap from my memory card. From the pic, its clear that this new model will continue Hyundai's international styling trend that we all are now familiar with in the i10. The fluidic headlights with clear partition for indicators, the hexagonal grille (as outlined by the camouflage), the upward sloping rear windows and the tipped-forward aggressive stance - all are clearly visible. Overall, we can safely expect the car to bear a strong family resemblance to other Hyundai cars, especially the i10 and thats no bad thing at all.

The car also seem to be noticeably smaller than the other two tall boys from Hyundai - the Santro & i10. But, when its main competitor is going to be the Alto, it only makes sense for Hyundai to come out with a similar sized car.

Though Hyundai is still tight lipped about the car's launch date, its being widely speculated that it will hit the roads in the third quarter of 2011. If priced competitively at around 2.5 to 3 Lacs, we can surely expect the car to take the fight to India's numero uno best-seller, the Alto, which has been enjoying a monopoly in that segment. Personally, I can't wait long to see this happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundai-ha-800cc-small-car-1.jpg  

Old 12th February 2011, 14:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

Edited the image, the last one was too wide.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundai-ha-800cc-small-car-1.jpg  

Old 12th February 2011, 16:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Edited the image, the last one was too wide.
Thanks Sid. Since I was traveling, that is what I could capture. In fact when I saw the pic in my PC, I noticed that it is unusually wide, but didn't do any modifications to the size of the car to retain its originality.

BTW, did anyone notice this? At Team-Bhp, we now have spyshots of three yet-to-be-launched models of Hyundai doing the rounds simultaneously. Hyundai is red-hot in India right now, ready to take on its more established rivals in both the lower and upper segments of the market.

Last edited by arvi86 : 12th February 2011 at 16:32.
Old 29th July 2011, 11:25   #66
BHPian

Hey guys here are some of the new spy pics of Hyundai HA which was caught testing in Chennai as shown on AutocarIndia's website:
Source: :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundaiha2.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundaiha3.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundaiha_watermark.jpg  

Old 29th July 2011, 12:20   #67
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the images.

The HA800 appears to be a better looker on next gen Maruti Suzuki 800. Hope it is priced right to give it a tough fight.

BTW, there is another thread on the same car, surprisingly created by the same person:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-launch-4.html

Mods... please merge the 2 threads.
Old 29th July 2011, 12:52   #68
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop shots: Hyundai's HA 800 cc car from ACI

Seems this will be out by Oct 2011 and will take on Alto K10 and sort. Expecting it to be priced at 2.5lac-3lac.
Old 3rd August 2011, 18:24   #69
BHPian

I am guessing this is a slightly re bodied Kia Picanto. Please see pictures of the Kia Picanto here - Kia Picanto 1.0 1 - Autocar.co.uk and you'll notice a lot of similarities in the greenhouse, the shape of the doors, overall stance of the car.
Old 3rd August 2011, 19:11   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
I am guessing this is a slightly re bodied Kia Picanto. Please see pictures of the Kia Picanto here - Kia Picanto 1.0 1 - Autocar.co.uk and you'll notice a lot of similarities in the greenhouse, the shape of the doors, overall stance of the car.
Not exactly. Check the marked areas - they are quite different.

BTW, Kia Picanto is actually a modified Hyundai Santro!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-kiapicanto28111135134341600x1060.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundaiha_watermark.jpg  

Old 4th August 2011, 09:41   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Not exactly. Check the marked areas - they are quite different.

Agreed that the front fender looks different, but then if you think about it, that's one of the easiest bits to modify since it isnt a structural member of the car. My point was that the greenhouse / doors look very similar to the Picanto, with the front (obviously including the fenders) and rear modified to comply with Hyundai's new design language.

Also, the previous generation Picanto was based on the Santro - am not so sure about the current generation which is what we are referring to
Old 4th August 2011, 17:50   #72
Senior - BHPian

Guys
Picanto is the Kia twin of the Hyundai small car. So the old one was based on Santro and new one on the i-10. Only in India, the Santro and i-10 continue to co-exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
Agreed that the front fender looks different, but then if you think about it, that's one of the easiest bits to modify since it isnt a structural member of the car. My point was that the greenhouse / doors look very similar to the Picanto, with the front (obviously including the fenders) and rear modified to comply with Hyundai's new design language.

Also, the previous generation Picanto was based on the Santro - am not so sure about the current generation which is what we are referring to
It does appear to be a modified Picanto like Prashanth said. The door frames are identical while the fender and tailights are different. Begs the question, why not bring in the Picanto unchanged and call it Hyundai xxxx.

Hyundai already offer a 1.0 dual VVT 3 pot in Europe. They might de-content this engine and bring it in as a K10 fighter....a very effective one that.

Last edited by Mpower : 10th August 2011 at 20:15.
Old 4th August 2011, 23:19   #73
Senior - BHPian

The tail lamp is placed a lot higher in the HA 800, compared to the Picanto. Also the Picanto does not have the HA 800's upward sweeping green house!
Can anybody give me power and torque details of the 1.0 dual VTVT 3 cylinder engine on sale in Europe?
Old 8th August 2011, 11:25   #74
BHPian

spotted this Hyundai new i10?

Spotted this car near Sriperumbudur on my way from Bangalore to Chennai last friday, 5th Aug around 1:00pm. Is this a new version of i10 coming out? Members passing this area regularly might have already sighted this one and posted. Seems to have a smooth curve on the rear window, as against the straight line that bends upward. Any other changes?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-spotted0.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-spotted1.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-spotted2.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-spotted3.jpg  

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th August 2011 at 11:39. Reason: Watermarks added.
dhuli is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2011, 12:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Re: spotted this Hyundai new i10?

IMO, this is the new Hyundai 800cc car code named HA.
Hyundai has started to use the fluidic design all over the model range. But one thing is that the new design makes the rear passengers feel claustrophobia.

I hope that the new M800 is also having good design else it would be tough for Maruti.

Was the car moving at high speed and was it difficult to catch ? Did it sound like a diesel engine is there ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks