Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 21:58   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!

Hyundai Eon First Drive report Autocar India. Hyundai Eon review, test drive | Autocar India
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundaieon2.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 20th September 2011 at 22:00.
Old 20th September 2011, 22:55   #167
BHPian

Reviews/Figures suggest it will eat into a major chunk of Alto Sales. But overall a very good initiative by Hyundai in small hatchback segment. looks a lot better than Alto.
Old 21st September 2011, 00:04   #168
BHPian

With keyless entry, driver air bags, front power windows, fog lamps, central locking, Brilliant Beige-Black two-tone fluidic Verna-like Interiors & New i45 like steering wheel. Leave aside Santro, I'm sure this car will even overshadow its elder sister(i10).

IMHO, For the 2nd phase of the expansion of this 'Eon' brand, Hyundai can use this for replacement for Santro also with the Introduction of 1.0l, 3-cylinder version of i10/i20 based 4-cylinder, 1.2 kappa engine for its top-end version to Rival Head-on on Alto k10, Spark, etc.
Old 21st September 2011, 08:47   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the launch as this looks to be a strong contender to our Santro replacement.We had zeroed in on WagonR but with the ongoing issues at MSIL,we were left wondering whether to book it or not.Now will wait for this launch and then decide.Keeping fingers crossed.
I feel that this car might go ahead and tell Alto siblings to GO(800cc-Lets go!) and SEARCH(K10-search engine) for a better place.If this car is good VFM,then Hyundai will have lots and lots of waiting period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetghai1978 View Post
Upcoming Hyundai Eon 800 cc
It seems you had a chance to sit inside/have a detailed look at the car.How about the egress-ingress?Is it as good as Santro coz my Dad has difficulty in sitting down in Alto and likes.We need a car with easy egress/ingress.
Old 21st September 2011, 11:22   #170
BHPian

I have a strong feeling that maruti will not keep quite and would cut its price of base alto to preempt EON and increase the value proposition, already they are giving an offer of around RS 42000 on alto and even Rs 38000 on Alto K 10. It is rumored that a new alto is being planned for 2012.

Having said that, EON looks to be a wonderful product in tune with the times. In contrast, ALto is a 10 year old design with cosmetic changes only. Maruti has taken its customers for granted for too long and now Hyundai has upped the ante big time, if pricing range being quoted is true.

All this augurs bad for Tata nano! Most people looking for a car which enhance their self esteem, even if they have to stretch a little by around a lac or so. The 'lakhtakia' car tag seems to be its undoing now as top model is around Rs 1.6-1.7 lacs and buy pitching in Rs 1 lac more they can have Alto or eon, a much better product with some esteem value too.
Old 21st September 2011, 13:28   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post

Having said that, EON looks to be a wonderful product in tune with the times. In contrast, ALto is a 10 year old design with cosmetic changes only. Maruti has taken its customers for granted for too long and now Hyundai has upped the ante big time, if pricing range being quoted is true.
Maruti did launch the A-Star but the product didn't do as well as expected. Alto sells because its frugal and hence cheaper to buy and maintain for a consumer on budget. I would be surprised if EON ends up being cheaper than A-star. But for us both are good news may be discounts on A-star and possible a better choice in EON. Who wins? You,me, consumer in all .
Old 21st September 2011, 21:23   #172
BHPian

With the launch of the Eon scheduled for October, yet another car would make its debut this year. It would certainly be interesting as to which car would be adjudged the Car Of The Year. The launches this year included hatchbacks like the Liva, Brio, new Swift, new Vista, new Indica, Beat diesel...and now, the Eon.

By the way, are only brand new cars in the reckoning or are next generation cars of previous models (ex: new Swift, new Vista) also in contention for this COTY award?
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:12   #173
BHPian

Wow!!! Didn't expect Eon to look this good. The exterior design looks more appealing than even the i10.
If it manages to deliver an average of 21.1 as claimed, then one shouldn't be surprised if it goes on to become the best seller for Hyundai.
Old 22nd September 2011, 13:26   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
With the launch of the Eon scheduled for October, yet another car would make its debut this year. It would certainly be interesting as to which car would be adjudged the Car Of The Year. The launches this year included hatchbacks like the Liva, Brio, new Swift, new Vista, new Indica, Beat diesel...and now, the Eon.

By the way, are only brand new cars in the reckoning or are next generation cars of previous models (ex: new Swift, new Vista) also in contention for this COTY award?
The new Swift is eligible for Car of the Year award as it is an all-new generation of an existing model. But, the new Vista is not eligible because it is just a face-lift. Among all the contenders, I guess all the awards are going to be a close run-down between the new Swift, Eon and the Brio. These three are going to take away all the awards for 2012. I would place my bets on the Hyundai Eon walking away with the ICOTY award as, going by the initial reports, it is going to be a real game-changer in the hottest and cheapest segment in Indian automotive market.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:30   #175
Senior - BHPian

Here are the clearest and the closest shots yet of the soon-to-be-launched Hyundai Eon. This is apparently the top-end version of the Eon called 'Sportz'. We can safely expect cheaper priced and less-equipped versions like D-Lite, Era and Magna going by Hyundai's previous launches. The text and pictures are already posted in my blog and I am just copying and pasting it here.

Source: ANYTHING ON WHEELS

Adopting the company's famed 'Fluidic Sculpture' design theme, the Eon, for the segment in which it is going to compete, is a stunner and there are no second thoughts about it. All the usual 'fluidic' design elements like the bold hexagonal grille with a horizontal chrome strip, the large and well-detailed head-lamps, steeply up-swept window-line and the characteristic curves across the body are all there in the Eon. These, combined with some aggressive detailing like the triangular foglamps, chunky wheel arches and huge taillamps matching the cuts and contours of the boot make the Eon look terrific. Having said that, there is no denying the fact that the Eon has been overstyled a bit and is not as clean a design as, say, a Punto or Polo.

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundai-eon-1.jpg
Name:  Hyundai Eon 2.jpg
Views: 9374
Size:  35.3 KB
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundai-eon-4.jpg

If you are not impressed with the exteriors, you will surely be when you look at the interiors. These are the best interiors I have ever seen in a mini car. Period. The steering wheel, seemingly inspired by Hyundai's own i20, imparts a premium look and feel. The central console adopts the popular waterfall theme with silver inserts brightening up things there. The knobs and buttons look to be made of good quality and the black and beige combination make the interiors look a lot spacious. It's being widely reported that a lot of 'Indian' features like 1-liter bottle holders and storage spaces have been eked out in the Eon to make it that much more practical.

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-hyundai-eon-3.jpg

Most of the media have already driven the Eon and the reports suggest that the power, ride and handling are all on par or better than what the competition has on offer. If you do not know already, the Eon will be powered by a new 3-cylinder engine from the Epsilon family. Overall, Hyundai has done its homework pretty well and the result seems to be mighty impressive. So, has Maruti-Suzuki's long-held dominance of the A segment with the Alto under threat now? Well, yeah! Hyundai did that in the B segment with the Santro 13 years back and the rest is history. The Eon is all set to rewrite history, this time in the A segment. Watch out for the Eon!
arvi86 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:35   #176
Senior - BHPian

Here is OD link to Hyundai Eon's test drive at Hyundai's Chennai plant:

Overdrive

Curx - It is heavier, more powerful, frugal, bigger+spacious, better appointed & rides well.

However, there are some vibrations at idling, which even out at higher revs.

IMO, this is a wonderful option for those who find the shorter Alto difficult/ uncomfortable in ingress/ egress.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:36   #177
Senior - BHPian

This is certainly more futuristic and more fluidic! Would look a lot better and darker shades (Black/Grey).

Edit: If I were in the market for a small city hatch, I would certainly consider the Eon.

Last edited by amtak : 23rd September 2011 at 15:38.
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:44   #178
BHPian

Wow!! That looks quiet good for a mini car especially interiors .I'm pretty sure that this will not be priced in the alto range.Will they ?
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:00   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Wow!! That looks quiet good for a mini car especially interiors .I'm pretty sure that this will not be priced in the alto range.Will they ?
I too feel the same. Somehow I feel, it would be in the Estilo range than Alto. However, if its Alto range, I am changing loyalties (damn the steering/ac issues)
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:09   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Somehow I feel, it would be in the Estilo range than Alto. However, if its Alto range,
I too feel so or they might discountinue base models of santro Non a/c santro is 3.1 OTR here and base i10 iRDE is 3.92 OTR .I still cant get where Eon will be placed below 3.1 may be with non a/c non ps one mirrored black bumper model .But still compared to the alto interiors or else if santro's Eons seems to be better .Dont know whether there will be two types of interiors (color combinations,plasticky) for base and top end.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks