Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:13   #181
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Here is OD link to Hyundai Eon's test drive at Hyundai's Chennai plant:

Overdrive

Curx - It is heavier, more powerful, frugal, bigger+spacious, better appointed & rides well.

However, there are some vibrations at idling, which even out at higher revs.

IMO, this is a wonderful option for those who find the shorter Alto difficult/ uncomfortable in ingress/ egress.
The OD mag expects pricing for the EON to range from Rs 3.2 to Rs 3.5 lakh, Rs 20,000-odd below the Santro and a similar amount more than the Alto. This is way different from the 2.5 - 2.8 price expectation mention earlier
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:29   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The OD mag expects pricing for the EON to range from Rs 3.2 to Rs 3.5 lakh, Rs 20,000-odd below the Santro and a similar amount more than the Alto. This is way different from the 2.5 - 2.8 price expectation mention earlier
It will definitely eat into lot of sales figure of Santro for sure and to some extend i10 but not much. May be when it catches with sales of Santro, Hyundai may ultimately face out Santro and launch a Eon with more better and powerful engine. Driving Santro over the years I am no fan of its rear bench were the ride is very much Bumpy . Hope that Eon rides well for rear seat passengers.

A fresher model with those fludic look is a bang in A segment. What we need to wait for is a Team-Bhp review, that will indicate a clear picture.
Old 23rd September 2011, 16:59   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
IMO the price of the base could be lower than Rs.3 Lakhs so that there is enough scope for 3/3+ versions, but the pricing should definitely undercut Santro by Rs.20K at least.
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:06   #184
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
It will definitely eat into lot of sales figure of Santro for sure and to some extend i10 but not much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
IMO the price of the base could be lower than Rs.3 Lakhs so that there is enough scope for 3/3+ versions, but the pricing should definitely undercut Santro by Rs.20K at least.
I have the same opinion. The EON looks better than the Santro in every aspect. Not being a tall boy model, the stability would also be better. With better looks, a smaller engine (claiming mileage), better interiors and a lower price, i am sure many would not look at the Santro.
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:19   #185
BHPian

Oh boy !! The car is quite a looker in red. If this car is priced as speculated then it ll be a run away success.
It would make for an ideal 2nd car in the family for city runabouts.
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:32   #186
BHPian

A few more pics from one of my friend's profile on FB!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-306472_10150386355007594_646157593_9960191_22252797_n.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-309249_10150386357772594_646157593_9960236_2082714907_n.jpg  

Attached Images

@tombum is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:38   #187
BHPian

The rear door could have been redesigned in a better way. If the rear windows were a little larger then probably this would be one of the best looking cars in the small car segment.
The steering wheel is directly taken from the i20 and somehow feels very big in the cabin compared to the dash.
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:41   #188
Senior - BHPian

Docent the rear passenger view of the outside world look catastrophic even more than the new Verna.

With so many design curves and lines, touch-up jobs when required will have to be very precise else the mismatch will be very evidently visible.
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:21   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

This car looks HAWT !! Again I have my reservations on this car being placed below Santro ! It easily looks upmarket than Santro by miles and why would Hyundai place it below Santro. I guess this car might be placed in the same price as Santro & then reduce Santro's price by 30-40Ks ? I kind of feel that anyone who takes a look at this car will prefer this to Santro; Eon being much better and also a newer one. Customers will also have the advantage of the price if this is priced lower. So Hyundai can make use of the freshness of this car & slot it @ Santro's price & also keep Santro a level lower.

Edit:: Now Maruti will have no choice, but to bring in better interior quality cars & better value proposition. I love this competition. I kind of feel that Hyundai's strategy is to take the fight to Maruti in their own ground ! And its so lovely to see that they are doing the ground work with so much charm !

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd September 2011 at 21:27.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:30   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This car looks HAWT !! Again I have my reservations on this car being placed below Santro ! It easily looks upmarket than Santro by miles and why would Hyundai place it below Santro. I guess this car might be placed in the same price as Santro & then reduce Santro's price by 30-40Ks ?

Edit:: Now Maruti will have no choice, but to bring in better interior quality cars & better value proposition. I love this competition. I kind of feel that Hyundai's strategy is to take the fight to Maruti in their own ground ! And its so lovely to see that they are doing the ground work with so much charm !
Exactly my thoughts, Hyundai might very well reduce the Santro pricing and bring this in at similar price points - would make more sense that way. But I am not complaining if they want to bring this at a lower price point than the Santro..
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:54   #191

Wow! The looks are stunning especially the red is excellent. This doesn't look like an A segment vehicle at all. No offense to Alto, but Hyundai shouldn't be placing this as a competition to Alto, as it looks far superior in exterior and interiors and definitely a segment higher. If the FE is above 17-18, then this for sure will be a pocket rocket! Eagerly waiting for the review from TBHP.

P.S. I had only one car in mind until now, the Jazz, which is still an excellent car and by no means I'm comparing these two. But due to budget, I think this car is excellent VFM for me now.

Sankar
Old 24th September 2011, 00:09   #192
Senior - BHPian

If this car is launched in the correct price bracket - it shall be superhit.
Do I see driver airbag and USB/AUX in the 2nd picture?
So I believe the latest pics do clarify that the tires are not terribly small for the car (it was indeed skewed in the earlier set of pics).
Old 24th September 2011, 01:23   #193
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
So I believe the latest pics do clarify that the tires are not terribly small for the car (it was indeed skewed in the earlier set of pics).
Tyre size for Top version is 155/70 R13
Fuel Tank Capacity - 32 Liter

Bi-Fuel is offered ?! The scoop pictures suggests so, but nothing in the reviews !

Color options from:

Black Diamond
Coral White
Sleek Silver
Ember Gray
Mushroom
Maharajah Red
Electric Red
Clean Blue
Pristine Blue
Electric Green
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 06:56   #194
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Here are the clearest and the closest shots yet of the soon-to-be-launched Hyundai Eon.
Overall, Hyundai has done its homework pretty well and the result seems to be mighty impressive. So, has Maruti-Suzuki's long-held dominance of the A segment with the Alto under threat now? Well, yeah! Hyundai did that in the B segment with the Santro 13 years back and the rest is history. The Eon is all set to rewrite history, this time in the A segment. Watch out for the Eon!
Great Post arvi86

Yes, Hyundai focus on India makes one fell very happy. They bring out current cars and the overall package is great. They may not be able to satisfy all the petrol head but they seem to have go their India plans spot on.

Importantly they have given good quality cars and have ensured that competition ups their game with respect to quality but at an acceptable price range back by A$$.

Though I will not buy this car as I have no need, I will follow this car closely and look forward to Maruti's response. MSIL has taken the India customer for granted for just too long.

Cheers

KPS
Old 24th September 2011, 10:55   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Great Post arvi86
Thanks.
Quote:
Hyundai focus on India makes one fell very happy. They bring out current cars and the overall package is great. They may not be able to satisfy all the petrol head but they seem to have go their India plans spot on.

Importantly they have given good quality cars and have ensured that competition ups their game with respect to quality but at an acceptable price range back by A$$.
. None of the cars in Hyundai India's current line-up would satisfy automotive enthusiasts but why should they really care if the masses are loving their cars and buying them in hordes? They have a very smart gameplan for India and are executing it to perfection be it the i10, the i20, more recently the new Verna and now this Eon.
Quote:
MSIL has taken the India customer for granted for just too long.
They were until a few years back but I can see that attitude of Maruti-Suzuki changing in the recent past. Starting from the Swift, they started bringing in newer models to India unlike the decade old models they were selling previously. But, in Alto's case, it is still true. They are still pushing the model which came in 2002. The Eon will surely force Maruti to take some measures in improving the Alto.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed