Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 02:34   #256
BHPian

re: Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Positron to me the logic of crazy driver is more applicable also because ABS one can use on quite often before any accident has happened, whereas Airbags are used just once when accident happens. Since most of the accidents happen due to driver's judgemental errors probably ABS is a must have feature than Airbag..
Not saying you/crazy driver are wrong - I've been driving a car with ABS (Accord) since 2008, and in last 4 years, ABS kicked in exactly 3 times - twice when the road was severely frozen over (probably black ice too), and third time it was on many inches of compacted snow, obviously in the middle of of winter here where temperatures plummet to many degrees below zero. However, driving conditions are different in India, and you might need to break hard more often than here I suppose.
Old 28th September 2011, 07:52   #257
Senior - BHPian

Eon Launch in 2 days

courtesy TOI Today
Old 29th September 2011, 17:19   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Eon Launch in 2 days

courtesy TOI Today
Wow. So soon. The hyundai guys told me that the launch is on October 14.
Old 30th September 2011, 12:44   #259
BHPian

Hyundai has officially confirmed the launch of EON next month

Source: Economic Times
Old 30th September 2011, 13:24   #260
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Bookings to open tomorrow!

- Hyundai announces the commencement of bookings of its soon to be launched new compact car – EON. The bookings will open from October 1, 2011.

- ‘EON’ – means eternity. The car will be manufactured in India at Hyundai Motor India’s manufacturing facility located at Sriperumbudur near Chennai.

- The car has been designed at Hyundai’s Namyang R&D centre located in the Gyeonggi Province in South Korea. HMIL’s R&D facility in Hyderabad worked in coordination with Namyang R&D to develop the EON. The Namyang R&D center is equipped with world class facilities in terms of design, power train, wind tunnel, crash and other driving test facilities.

- Customers can book EON through sending SMS HYUNDAI <space> EON to 53456 or visit the nearest Hyundai dealership or log on to Hyundai for registrations.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 13:35   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

- Customers can book EON through sending SMS HYUNDAI <space> EON to 53456 or visit the nearest Hyundai dealership or log on to Hyundai for registrations.
Whoa! booking through SMS! thats a first one in our market.
Old 30th September 2011, 13:41   #262
Senior - BHPian

The car is nowhere to be seen, the prices have not been announced - but the bookings have already started?? How many people even know that Hyundai is coming out with the Eon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Whoa! booking through SMS! thats a first one in our market.
Most probably you will get a call and they will re-direct you to the nearest dealership.
Old 30th September 2011, 13:53   #263
BHPian

Hyundai's confidence of people booking the car even without seeing it was boosted after the overwhelming response it received to the new Verna. I am sure this car is also going to re-write the same history for them. Honestly the hatch back segment is becoming super super over crowded. Companies will have no choice but to go that extra mile to hold on to a customer & also forget acquiring them easily.
Hope this also serves as a wake up call for Maruti who some time takes its loyal customers too much for granted.
Old 30th September 2011, 14:07   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post

This may be a real game changer for Hyundai in the small car segment and might eat away all Alto in long run. Unless MSIL comes up with a facelift, it would be difficult to survive and this should not be any normal facelift. They have to really work upon the design aspect and the interiors + quality.

However coming to the EON, the kind of interiors that Hyundai is providing in this car I don't think this would be ranged anywhere near 2.5 - 3 Lac segment. As always the prices of Hyundai products are on the upper side, this might also come in the rage of 3.5 Lac+ segment.
Looks beautiful

Should be priced less than 3lac for it to sell. Maruti gonna have a problem here! And so with Spark etc.
Old 30th September 2011, 15:01   #265
BHPian

Man, I reaaallly hate 800 cc cars. I seem have developed some kind of unnatural reaction to them (kinda like being scared of clowns).

Now, the rest of my comments might be extremely judgemental and biased against this vehicle, but here goes. I don't like this car - based on what I see in the pictures. I saw some pics of the interiors, and I'm not able to understand how the legroom is better(as initially promised by Hyundai). The dash looks good, and the central unit is very mini-Civic. But will this be a zippy little "good boy" car? I do not think so. A 834 cc engine delivering 55 bhp - I believe we will see (or rather hear) a lot of engine grunts on a slope when a family of four decides to leave the Forum parking lot.

Of course, our friends in Hyundai can sing the good 'ol "Fluidic" song, but I don't see a whole lot of new design concepts in this car. Case in point, this car looks like the unholy love child of the Chevy Beat and the i10. True, they've laid out some swooping lines near the rear (whats with the springing cheetah rump design that's going around?), but this isn't a "Chevy Beat" type special new design.

I have a feeling this car will never see the lower side of 3.7 lakhs...translated to almost 4.x on road (in Bangalore). If the Santro is phased out, then this car will obviously fill the void. But kinda like the A-Star, I believe this will be quite a short love-affair.
Old 30th September 2011, 15:30   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Bookings to open tomorrow!
Looks like GTO's review is coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Should be priced less than 3lac for it to sell. Maruti gonna have a problem here! And so with Spark etc.
^One reason that we avoided the Spark was the high set dashboard. We believed that Spark (and even Beat for that matter) are not suitable for short drivers (remember GM doesn't provide height adjustment for driver seat either).
I am hoping that this one has better frontal visibility packaged with the advantages of Maruti Alto and somewhat more space than an Alto.
Given that this is a Hyundai, I somehow don't mind the disconnected steering at this price point since I don't expect to drive this beyond the congested streets.
Old 30th September 2011, 17:35   #267
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy83 View Post
Now, the rest of my comments might be extremely judgemental and biased against this vehicle, but here goes. I don't like this car - based on what I see in the pictures. I saw some pics of the interiors, and I'm not able to understand how the legroom is better(as initially promised by Hyundai). The dash looks good, and the central unit is very mini-Civic. But will this be a zippy little "good boy" car? I do not think so. A 834 cc engine delivering 55 bhp - I believe we will see (or rather hear) a lot of engine grunts on a slope when a family of four decides to leave the Forum parking lot.
I suggest you compare it to it's direct competitor : The Alto, and keep it's (expectedly) entry level pricing in mind.
Old 30th September 2011, 17:58   #268
BHPian

The website counter on Hyundai says 12 days.
So then probably the launch is preponed to the 12th October 2011.

Maruti has taught every company the lesson of 'killer pricing' to succeed. Even Honda's Jazz is now available with over 2 months waiting. I hope even Hyundai price's the Eon aggressively.
Old 30th September 2011, 18:55   #269
anb
BHPian

I saw a lot of EONs near the Hyundai dealership in Cochin today. EON looks like a small i10 from front.The car looks very small, even smaller than alto( I may be wrong). I think it will be priced similar to alto
Old 30th September 2011, 19:19   #270
Senior - BHPian

This is going to another game changer from hyundai.the thing about hyundai cars is that its very easy to predict whether they will do well or not.usually whenever they launch a new car they do a whole lot of things right,instead of just polarizing opinion or tastes.i think the eon is going to follow the now very successful hyundai mantra of launching a good,competitive product,robust,easy on the eyes,reliable and pack it with features in the higher variants!
About 55 bhp,its more than enough for city jobs,we have lived with 800s and altos all this while havnt we?
Give indians something they want and slowdown or no slowdown they will be ready to plonk their money down,case in point the new swift.
Oh and sorry if i missed it but any talks of a diesel?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks