Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2011, 10:35   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!

Here are some pics of the car spotted in Cochin.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-299609_10150427379273777_510098776_8186135_1573758367_n.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-302502_10150427379548777_510098776_8186139_1850133416_n.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-308586_10150427379323777_510098776_8186136_608086515_n.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-310403_10150427379393777_510098776_8186137_557802267_n.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-312780_10150427379588777_510098776_8186140_1352890210_n.jpg  

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!-320986_10150427379478777_510098776_8186138_2011213530_n.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 10:47   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
any info on the autobox for the eon ? can anybody shed some light ?
Our crowded city traffic conditions beg for a decent fuel-efficient automatic hatch (especially diesel), but manufacturers here prefer to look the other way. When will they see the writing on the wall? The A*Star and i10 ATs are there because they have an export market.

Pradeep

Last edited by pradkumar : 4th October 2011 at 10:54.
Old 4th October 2011, 10:58   #303
Senior - BHPian

the rear looks very strange , the bumper dominates the entire back angle of the car giving it an appearance of being very small. Does anyone else think so as well ?
Old 4th October 2011, 12:04   #304
Senior - BHPian

I saw the Eon being driven on way to the dealership... White shade, but could not make the version (Magna/ Asta, etc.). Must comment that it looks marginally bigger than A-* & smaller than/ similar to Santro, & in fact much-much better in person than the images that we have seen.

Could not take pics as I was driving & the Eon was coming from opposite direction.
Old 4th October 2011, 13:55   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
the rear looks very strange , the bumper dominates the entire back angle of the car giving it an appearance of being very small. Does anyone else think so as well ?
Yes agree very much. The car does not look very wide.

Going with past track record, Hyundai have never priced any of their products at an initial extremely attractive tag. Its the constant discounts that got the products moving. This applies to all of their models at some time or the other.

I predict the top end Eon with driver Airbag variant to be near 4.10 OTR Bombay (no discounts initially). In comparison the i10 Magna (no ICE, no airbag) retails for 4.50ish OTR post discounts while the Santro (no ICE, no airbag no rear PW) @ 3.95 OTR post discounts.

EDIT: In response to puchoo's post below, I positively feel, the new Verna will start the discounts sometime in 2012 at-least for the petrol versions for sure.

Last edited by dipen : 4th October 2011 at 14:16.
Old 4th October 2011, 13:57   #306
Senior - BHPian

I think the new Verna then is an exception ,atleast currently , for Hyundai. The numbers reflect the performance and nothing is currently being offered at all ever since the car came out

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Going with past track record, Hyundai have never priced any of their products at an initial extremely attractive tag. Its the constant discounts that got the products moving. This applies to all of their models at some time or the other.
Old 4th October 2011, 17:33   #307
Senior - BHPian

I was speaking to one of the Hyundai dealers in Bangalore and he said that there would be 3 variants. Names of the variants similar to i10.
dlite--Only A.C. NO power steering. OTR in bangalore about 3.3 lakhs.
Magna--AC + Power steering } front 2 power windows--Expected OTR 3.6 lakhs bangalore.
I'm not sure about the 3rd variant's specs and prices.
Bookings are being taken now, but 13th is the Launch date.
Old 4th October 2011, 17:48   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I was speaking to one of the Hyundai dealers in Bangalore and he said that there would be 3 variants. Names of the variants similar to i10.
dlite--Only A.C. NO power steering. OTR in bangalore about 3.3 lakhs.
Magna--AC + Power steering } front 2 power windows--Expected OTR 3.6 lakhs bangalore.
I'm not sure about the 3rd variant's specs and prices.
Bookings are being taken now, but 13th is the Launch date.
Are these prices similar to Alto ? I guess they are around 30K more. Right? In Pune i got information that top end of Eon will go upto more than 4 Lacs OTR. Which is more than even Alto K10 which is around 3.7 OTR Pune. Alto 800 is more cheaper. If Hyundai want to break Alto's share, they need to match Alto in the price department. Maruti has very loyal base of customers. Not easy to break them. But Eon will surely eat share of mainly Santro, Spark & Estilo, A-star. It may eat some share of I-10 as well. People coming to showroom for I-10 may find Eon more attractive due to its shape, new model & more fuel efficiency at better price.

I am also eagerly waiting for these car http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...es/biggrin.gif
Old 4th October 2011, 19:37   #309

After searching a lot about EON, collecting as much information as I can from net, magazines and friends I decided to go for this new beauty. In fact I was looking for a B+ diesel as a replacement for my cute alto, but an onsite assignment made a twist in the script. The requirements changed from >1000 kms /month for me to <500 kms/month for my wife . So I wanted to gift her car before I leave, which will serve her purpose comfortably.

I made the booking after paying 5000K , the day booking started at trivandrum and came to know that I am the first one to book at the dealer. They informed me that I can finalize the model and color later when the first lot arrives this week.

The sales person called me promptly today and informed that the first batch of EONS has arrived and I can have a look and finalize my decision. So visited the showroom today noon.

After reading through so many comments and reviews I was little skeptical and anxious how the real meeting with this newbie will turn out to be. From the dimensions available on net and reviews, it is shorter than santro and somewhere it was written nano has better interior space. So I decided not to keep my expectation that high.

Will it really turn out to be an alto killer or not..?This was the thought in my mind, while stepping in to the dealership. I also had in my mind the criticism received from relatives and friends for making the decision without even seen how the car looks like. The sales representative took me and my wifey to the backyard where a Vibrant Red EON was being pampered by a group of technicians.

Well my first impression was WOW!!!. it looks so cool and beautiful from most of the angles. It looks better than what is seen in picture and looks bigger in side profile and from the front.

I was told not to take snaps ( because the official snaps are not released yet) , but was allowed to get inside and check the features. I should say that this is a very cleverly designed vehicle. Maximum usage of space and yet looks class and elegant. The sports variant surely looks a class above what it’s priced for. The front seats offer great support and the back seats are better than in alto, spark and beat. Not a big fan of the back though. But dosent hurt too.

The ICE, has only 2 speakers at front as stock, but provision to add more at the back near the parcel tray.

I cranked the engine and the engine started with a small vibration. Ofcourse, it’s not as smooth as the i10 or even a santro. The most annoying thing I noticed was the vibration felt at the gear knob. It was way more than what you feel from Alto. I checked this with the technician; he told that its because of the 3 cylinder engine and the vibration will subside on the move. TD will be available only after official release on 14th, so have to wait till then to verify this.

Another thing i noticed is that the rear view mirror in sportz has a different design .its body colored and looks way better than other versions and improves the stance of the car.

I was shown the available colors. Red ,blue, silver and white. Red Sportz, blue magna, white era and silver D-Lite (black bumper). My wife also like the design and the interiors, so I felt relaxed about my decision.

Now I have to decide on the model and color. I am wavering between sportz and magna and between red and white for the color selection. I will be visiting the showroom again tomorrow and hope to provide more details in this space then.

Last edited by ajmat : 4th October 2011 at 20:00.
TomCyatz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 19:55   #310
Senior - BHPian

That rear looks like a huge skirt darned on a petite woman. The pricing is expected from 2.49 to 3.19 lakh range.
Old 5th October 2011, 02:47   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
That rear looks like a huge skirt darned on a petite woman. The pricing is expected from 2.49 to 3.19 lakh range.

If Hyundai sticks to this pricing - we should get ready for some interesting numbers in the A segment for the months to come !
Old 5th October 2011, 12:05   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCyatz View Post
The sales representative took me and my wifey to the backyard where a Vibrant Red EON was being pampered by a group of technicians.

Well my first impression was WOW!!!. it looks so cool and beautiful from most of the angles. It looks better than what is seen in picture and looks bigger in side profile and from the front.

I was told not to take snaps ( because the official snaps are not released yet) , but was allowed to get inside and check the features. I should say that this is a very cleverly designed vehicle. Maximum usage of space and yet looks class and elegant. The sports variant surely looks a class above what it’s priced for. The front seats offer great support and the back seats are better than in alto, spark and beat. Not a big fan of the back though. But dosent hurt too.

The ICE, has only 2 speakers at front as stock, but provision to add more at the back near the parcel tray.
At kochi, I also had a chance to meet the EON. It was in the yard. Many EONs, almost all colors, were available there.

My first impressions :

1. Great looks. Does not look cheap at all. A mini version of fluidic !
2. Front head lamps projecting out like A Star. Rear also resembles A Star.
3. Doors opening, closing etc excellent. Like a much costlier car.
4. Interior finish is very good. Dashboard finish etc are way better that the Beat.
5. No RPM meter seen. I was inside the version with AC and PS.
6. Finish of cup holders, glovebox, parking gear area etc are very good.
7. The AC control knobs etc quality is average.
8. Stering stalks and controls are good quality.
9. Seats are also good.
10. Rear seats are much better and comfortable than Alto.
11. Interior space is also much more than an alto, even though it is not as much as a Nano. There is sufficient space for my (a six footer) leg to go below the dash board (unlike an alto, where it hits badly on the dash board bottom), but the leg space in the Nano, i should say, is still unbeatable.
12. Luggage space is also much more than an alto. The wheel arches in the luggage space are not covered with carpet in the variant.
13. I was told that there are six variants :
a) Standard (with bare minimum things to run !)
b) With AC.
c) With AC + PS
d) With AC + PS + Body colored bumper + Front PW.
e) (d) + MP3 Player...
f) Full option with ABS, Airbags...
14. In Kochi, booking amount is 20K. Rs. 1000 will be deducted for cancellation.
15. I feel the White(it is non-metallic), Silver(Metallic), Sandelwood color (Exact name I forgot) are looking great. Blue, Red and Grey were not that much attractive, but red is also ok.
16. I was told that the standard model starts at 2.5 lakhs (ex-showroom) and every variant stepping up with 20-30 k, the top variant will reach close to 4 lakhs (ex-showroom).
17. Buyers in this segment are price conscious and unless Hyundai prices it on par with Alto, the strong trust and love of marutis in the minds of common public will be difficult to break. Standard Alto price starts at 2 lakhs and if EON is placed from 2 lakhs onwards upto 3.5 lakhs for the full option, it will be a sweeping success. Otherwise, with the present pricing info, I think, it may be just a 'success' NOT a killer for alto.
18. Anxiously waiting for the new Maruti 800 from Maruti... Will it be an EON killer ?
KMohanan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 12:30   #313
Senior - BHPian

Pricing ex-showroom Delhi will be 2.5 to 3.15 L. Confirmed from Hyundai Dealer.
Old 5th October 2011, 12:49   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Pricing ex-showroom Delhi will be 2.5 to 3.15 L. Confirmed from Hyundai Dealer.
Starting at 2.5 may be right. But full option at 3.15 is difficult. If Full option is priced at 3.15 lakhs, I am sure, it will be a sure hit. But, arranging six variants (as I was told) within a span of 65 k is difficult to believe. That too, standard version is without anything and full option is with AC, PS, PW, Body colored bumpers, Fog lamps, MP3 player, ABS, Airbags..... In that case, I think, hyundai may position it from 2 lakhs to 3.15 lakhs. It will be a right pricing for EON. Unless maruti does something immediately, it will be an alto-killer in that case.

Last edited by KMohanan : 5th October 2011 at 12:50.
Old 5th October 2011, 12:55   #315
Senior - BHPian

With 3.15 Ex-showroom in Delhi, the car should be well under 4 Lacs in most parts of India.
But most people would go for mid-variants which should be around 3.25-3.5 Lacs on road.
What choices would they have in this price range and how does EON fare against those would be interesting.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks