Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 19:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai EON Now Launched! Prices between 2.7L - 3.71L Ex-Delhi!

Note from Mod : Team-BHP's official Hyundai Eon review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

Hyundai's new 800cc car
  • codemane: P08
  • Development started now
  • scheduled launch in fall 2011.
  • shorter in L, W, H than the Santro but more spacious in leg space (promised.)
  • all new all aluminum 800 cc SOHC 3 cylinder 12V engine (4 valves per cylinder) lightweight and compact, part of new engine family.
  • no relation with epsilon or irde engine
  • global launch and production only in India, car especially designed for India market.
  • euro 5 ready
  • 5 speed manual
  • mono volume design (expected)
  • independent front suspension
  • cost effective twist beam rear suspension
  • price band expected 2,75,000-3,10,000.
(Preliminary details only and of course, are subject to change as development progresses. Test mules under mis-aligned santro bodies.)

Last edited by GTO : 24th October 2011 at 17:36. Reason: Adding link to official review
Old 5th October 2009, 20:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Hyundai is quite serious about the Indian market. I think that this car will rather act as a genuine Santro replacement along with fighting with Alto. It remains to be seen if its possible for Hyundai to price the car as per promised figure, because by 2011, the price figure will be difficult to maintain IMHO. Specially the cost of steel and rubber. Almost all manufacturers are not happy with increased input cost right now. Lets see. If this car comes, I am sure that the price of Alto and M800 will come down. Next, A-star's price will also be reduced, so it would be good for the customer.
Old 5th October 2009, 20:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

That does sound interesting. But features seems very normal, nothing attractive. But hey with that price range, they have to give something special in terms of pricing, like great sytling etc, to make sure they lure the likes of Alto prespects. Else they wont catch the market.

And regarding world launch stuff, dont think anywhere else people will be interested in a 800cc engine.
Old 5th October 2009, 21:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
... But hey with that price range, they have to give something special in terms of pricing, like great sytling etc, to make sure they lure the likes of Alto prespects. Else they wont catch the market.
Couldn't agree more to the above point. The details sound interesting, but they have to have something special in terms of styling and looks to better the Alto.
Old 5th October 2009, 21:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Images please! images??
Old 5th October 2009, 21:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Images please! images??
Sir sid said development just started so i doubt hyundai themselves would have pictures.
Old 5th October 2009, 22:33   #7
BHPian

The scoop king is at it again. This should heat up things in the entry level segment. Hyundai will also have contend with the 800 cc Spark from GM besides the Alto/ AStar.
Old 5th October 2009, 23:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

This could be India's best-seller.In all probability it will be better looking and more modern than the Alto.And after all these years in the Indian market Hyundai has established a strong dealer and service network all over the country.It also has earned a goodwill with entry level and mid-size car buyers.Perfect timing for launching this car and toppling the dated Alto.Maruti should pull up their socks.Its time.
Old 6th October 2009, 10:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
price band expected 2,75,000-3,10,000.
Isn't this a bit overpriced for a 800 cc engine? A few more thousands would fetch a Santro
Old 6th October 2009, 10:19   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph5600 View Post
Isn't this a bit overpriced for a 800 cc engine? A few more thousands would fetch a Santro
This seems to be overpriced for 800 cc but if they add ABS/Airbags standard in all models the it can be justified .
Old 6th October 2009, 12:53   #11
BHPian

Sidindica Rocks!. I guess you can start your own scoop magazine

Thanks for info.

This means resell value of santro might be impacted once this car is launched as space is same but overall size is small
Old 6th October 2009, 13:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

This is great!

If the H800 is going to be Euro 5 ready, I'm definite it will also have most of the latest safety feature esp ABS being standard. If with all these features it comes for around 2.75 Lakhs, then I'm sure it will sell like hot cakes.
Old 6th October 2009, 13:12   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
This could be India's best-seller.In all probability it will be better looking and more modern than the Alto.And after all these years in the Indian market Hyundai has established a strong dealer and service network all over the country.It also has earned a goodwill with entry level and mid-size car buyers.Perfect timing for launching this car and toppling the dated Alto.Maruti should pull up their socks.Its time.
If Hyundai can't topple down Alto with its bigger 1.1L 4-cylinder Santro priced at 2.6L, I don't think they can do it with an 800CC 3-cylinder car priced at 2.75L.

Eventhough the car may sell well, it will be at the cost of Santro and i10 and not of Alto.

And nowadays Hyundai has the habit pf over-pricing their cars. So I don't expect a VFM car from them at this price range.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 6th October 2009 at 13:18.
Old 6th October 2009, 13:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

wow sid, you are again bang on mate, nice scoop.Wonder when hyundai would come out with this new 800 cc car, its first effect would be on their own santro's sales.Hyundai was serious to come out in 800 cc segment to compete with maruti 800 and alto's market share, but will have to wait for another 2 years or so as you shared.
Old 6th October 2009, 13:37   #15
BHPian

Fall 2011 is exactly 2 years from now...
I am pretty sure by that time Spark would have a electric version rolling.
Reva would be selling in more numbers than we see today
Maruti would surely have a refreshed A-star/ Alto by then.

Its good to see that Hyundai are planning to spread their product port-folio to accomodate all price brackets. But I seriously expected them to provide something more exciting than this offering epecially from a company who has been a sort of trend setter in various features for example having automatic in most of their products and rear- disks on hatches to name a few.
cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks