Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:53   #151
BHPian

re: Skoda launching the Laura vRS soon? *UPDATE* BHPian drives it Pg.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Could it be that with the new Laura (Octavia) to be launched next year, Skoda don't want to expend too much effort in the vRS?
Maybe that's why they are just putting in cosmetic upgrades rather than bring in the full package.
there is no confirmation about 2012 new octavia(laura) release, before that the FL Superb is due the next octavia will be a new design altogether, the current one is a 6 year old design with just a fl version to keep it alive
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:59   #152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Correct me if i am wrong but AFAIK, even if you put a new engine option in a car (even though that engine is being sold in another car), you have to undergo entire SIAM testing and homologation again.
You know that actually might be possible considering the silly rules we have here. Maybe someone can throw some light on that.
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:35   #153
BHPian

Yea akshay tht is correct. I remember seeing a thread for the new outlander diesel and how they are testing it.
Old 24th August 2011, 17:16   #154
BHPian

ok got info from dealer its confirmed, 16" wheels stock height, xenons sunroof, 1.8tsi with manual, no dsg. the car is already with one of the dealers in mumbai. very sad move the RS name is spoilt, getting pics from dealer soon will then upload them here, dying to post it in briskoda the indian VRS hahaha...
Old 24th August 2011, 17:26   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
ok got info from dealer its confirmed, 16" wheels stock height, xenons sunroof, 1.8tsi with manual, no dsg. the car is already with one of the dealers in mumbai. very sad move the RS name is spoilt, getting pics from dealer soon will then upload them here, dying to post it in briskoda the indian VRS hahaha...
This is excellent news that the launch is very near. Not sure i understood you why is it that its sad move the RS name is spoilt?

Do post pics when you get them. Also any idea whats new in the vRS. The reviews on the web talks about lots of changes not sure what all are making their way to India.
Old 24th August 2011, 17:28   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
This is excellent news that the launch is very near. Not sure i understood you why is it that its sad move the RS name is spoilt?

Do post pics when you get them. Also any idea whats new in the vRS. The reviews on the web talks about lots of changes not sure what all are making their way to India.
well its sad as i was expecting the 2ltr 200bhp with lowered suspension, 17 wheels, auto ac & dsg but none of these have made it..
Old 24th August 2011, 23:04   #157
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This is how the Indian vRS will look.

Looks lowered. Love the LEDs & the overall stance. I hope they are going to offer a stiffer suspension; the stock Laura is like a boat, thanks to all that power & softly-tuned dampers / springs.

Skoda should do an "Octavia vRS" with the Laura; remember the Octy vRS vis a vis the standard 1.8 TPI?

Skoda Laura vRS launched @ Rs.15.19L-laura-rs.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 24th August 2011 at 23:08.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 23:08   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Looks lowered. Love the LEDs & the overall stance. I hope they are going to offer a stiffer suspension; the stock Laura is like a boat, thanks to all that power & softly-tuned dampers / springs.

Skoda should do an "Octavia vRS" with the Laura; remember the Octy vRS vis a vis the standard 1.8 TPI?

Attachment 599120
well the car is already with a dealer in mumbai, its not lowered nor it has 18" wheels(nepune design) it has 16" wheels with stock ride height of the laura, its just a bodykit with the sunroof & black interiors which aren't full leather also.

Last edited by Berj79 : 24th August 2011 at 23:35.
Old 24th August 2011, 23:33   #159
Team-BHP Support

Going by appearance, the earlier Octy vRS appeared fuller and looked like a classic.

GTO - Has Skoda sent images to the press?

Support Team's hand would be full with driver oriented Cars like Swift, RS, Jetta and we are eagerly waiting.

Last edited by GTO : 25th August 2011 at 10:30. Reason: Incorrect info, and off-topic. Removing last line please
Old 25th August 2011, 00:48   #160
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 599126
Thats exactly the same car i saw in SAIPL in Aurangabad. That was the CBU version brought to india for testing. As you can see the plates say MH20 which is arangabad.
Old 25th August 2011, 10:49   #161
BHPian

Quote:
I hope they are going to offer a stiffer suspension; the stock Laura is like a boat, thanks to all that power & softly-tuned dampers / springs.
Attachment 599126
GTO, hope that was an exaggeration to make the point that the RS should have sportier suspension than the stock, to make it an "RS"! Coz, the "boat" description is more suited for cars like the old Verna, not so much the 2009 Laura, which in my (limited) experience has rather good handling and pretty decent mechanical set-up for a sporty drive.

Last edited by skjlives : 25th August 2011 at 10:50.
Old 25th August 2011, 11:23   #162
Senior - BHPian

@GTO: Is that official? To me, it looks like the CBU RS. If it actually is the Indian RS, then WOW, looks meatier and yes, it does look like its been lowered. LED's look damn good too. Now, that is actually something to look forward to.
Old 25th August 2011, 11:36   #163
BHPian

Just read the first drive of the Laura vRS in TG magazine. Engine stays the same, Stiffer suspension, fatter tyres and other cosmetic upgrades. Very high quality interiors.

I think for the old Octavia, they launched the vRS first and then brought the same engine to the no-frills TPi.
In this case, the Laura vRS seems a bit underwhelming because we perceive it as a TSi with minor upgrades. Maybe Skoda should have launched the vRS first in this case as well. Or launched the full fat 200 bhp petrol / 170 bhp diesel now.

I still want one, though. very badly.
Old 25th August 2011, 11:45   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
GTO, hope that was an exaggeration to make the point that the RS should have sportier suspension than the stock, to make it an "RS"! Coz, the "boat" description is more suited for cars like the old Verna, not so much the 2009 Laura, which in my (limited) experience has rather good handling and pretty decent mechanical set-up for a sporty drive.
Skjilives, I kind of agree with GTO. The facelifted Laura's suspension has been softened and is tuned for comfort rather than handling. While it has improved the ride, the handling is what one would call 'soft'. It does roll a fair bit in corners and the lacks that fully connected feel. While it is not as bad as the Verna or the Cruze, it is still not what I would call sporty. The RS has to have a stiffer suspension from the stock Laura, if it has justify that body kit and that RS badge.
Old 25th August 2011, 13:06   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 599126
Looks good. The sales guy who sold me the Tsi last kept telling me about the RS - how beautiful it looked - he saw it in last year's Audo Expo in Delhi. I asked him if Skoda is not actually launching it, then can he at least arrange that actual show car for me to buy, and he was joyous at that idea but then immediately reflected that it was a left hand drive car! This picture looks similar to the pictures of that car from the expo, IIRC.

Nice it looks.

Agreed, the Tsi is softly sprund and has a high GC. It actually makes for a comfortable ride and makes me feel less worried while taking it to places, where it was a nightmere for my NHC or the Octy Tpi (places like Konkan or even Dombivali, for that matter). And it's stll decent handler compared to the NHC, et al. Do you really think it's a boat??? That honor goes to new Hyundai Verna IMO.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed