Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 16:01   #136
Team-BHP Support

re: Skoda launching the Laura vRS soon? *UPDATE* BHPian drives it Pg.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

The vRS will probably come with a new suspension, new foglamps, new bumpers, all-black interiors including the headliner, chrome pedal cluster, sunroof, new ICE, new colours and many small enhancements. DSG is definite, though whether standard or optional am not sure.

Also, launch much before Diwali expected.
Isn't August 31st the confirmed launch date? Well I guess all we can do it wait and see, hopefully it will be fully loaded, like that person told you.
Old 18th August 2011, 16:03   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Akshay, probably- am not sure that's the date. Probably he was responding to teh confident assertion on this thread by someone that the car would be launched at Diwali.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:25   #138
Senior - BHPian

So, the pics were probably not of the much anticipated Laura VRS then! Thats good.
@Noop: Do the tyres still remain 16" and not 17"? If so, then that would not be so exciting now, would it?
Old 18th August 2011, 20:47   #139
BHPian

I went to a skoda delearship and acquired about the vRS, I got a date of end of this year for the launch. Is it true or is the car expected soon? I am in the market in search of a new car and if the vRS is priced right i would opt for it. The only other option iv got is the DSG as i love the gearbox of the diesel.
Old 18th August 2011, 23:10   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Got some news from a Skoda insider who's also watching this thread keenly:

True, they are 16 inchers but not the same as the Jetta (similar, though)

The vRS will probably come with a new suspension, new foglamps, new bumpers, all-black interiors including the headliner, chrome pedal cluster, sunroof, new ICE, new colours and many small enhancements. DSG is definite, though whether standard or optional am not sure.

Also, launch much before Diwali expected.
Are u sure DSG will be there? what about the ride height? it looks pathetic with the standard laura ride height, the body kit will only suit a much lower car that the RS is, any idea if it will come with the 2ltr 200bhp engine?
Old 18th August 2011, 23:22   #141
BHPian

Ok so i am probably the only person on here who has seen the laura vrs already. (worked for audi, saw it at training when i went to skoda plant). I saw a spirit yellow laura rs which had 17 inch wheels slightly lowered, 2.0 tsi with approx 210 hp. Thats the hp number told to me by the german guy working for VAG. the model there was a CBU brought for ARAI testing. I recently sent him a email couple of days ago when i saw this thread again. He told me skoda has opted for a 1.8 tsi with only 163 hp because of ARAI rules and regulations. :(. He also said the suspension will be the same as the regular laura and wheels will be 16s.
i<3turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 23:34   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
Ok so i am probably the only person on here who has seen the laura vrs already. (worked for audi, saw it at training when i went to skoda plant). I saw a spirit yellow laura rs which had 17 inch wheels slightly lowered, 2.0 tsi with approx 210 hp. Thats the hp number told to me by the german guy working for VAG. the model there was a CBU brought for ARAI testing. I recently sent him a email couple of days ago when i saw this thread again. He told me skoda has opted for a 1.8 tsi with only 163 hp because of ARAI rules and regulations. :(. He also said the suspension will be the same as the regular laura and wheels will be 16s.
If thats the case, they are doing a mistake.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:49   #143
BHPian

Its not their mistake. But it would be crazy to have a car thats 200+ hp for 17 lacs.
Old 19th August 2011, 14:14   #144
BHPian

This isn't the RS, just the standard laura with a body kit, they should call it laura sport, they simply spoiling the rs name..
Old 19th August 2011, 14:46   #145
Senior - BHPian

A lot of confusing statements from a lot of insiders here. Even with the launch date. One's saying August end, another says Diwali and then there is one that says year end.

Even I was told the launch date to be somewhere around Diwali. So lets just wait and see. If the latest information (by I<3turbo) is to be taken into consideration, then there is nothing exciting about this Laura RS.
Old 22nd August 2011, 06:54   #146
Senior - BHPian

On some of the other sites it does mentions that the launch is in Aug end. I called up the SA who had given me test drives of the Laura he also indicated that Aug end is the date. Not sure if he has any official communication or he was generally replaying what we have been reading on the net.

Skoda Laura vRS to be launched on August 31, 2011

This site says its been officially declared that the launch will be in Aug end.
Old 22nd August 2011, 08:42   #147
BHPian

Could it be that with the new Laura (Octavia) to be launched next year, Skoda don't want to expend too much effort in the vRS?
Maybe that's why they are just putting in cosmetic upgrades rather than bring in the full package.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:16   #148
Senior - BHPian

With the prices of Petrol, i dont think Skoda thinks its justifiable to spend money on homologating a new engine. So they are just sprucing up the exteriors and will price it a lakh or two more than Ambiente Tsi to get margins from people who want their cars a bit "blinged".
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:50   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
With the prices of Petrol, i dont think Skoda thinks its justifiable to spend money on homologating a new engine. So they are just sprucing up the exteriors and will price it a lakh or two more than Ambiente Tsi to get margins from people who want their cars a bit "blinged".
New engine? Its already being sold by Audi in the A4. So no homogalation required.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:53   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
New engine? Its already being sold by Audi in the A4. So no homogalation required.
Correct me if i am wrong but AFAIK, even if you put a new engine option in a car (even though that engine is being sold in another car), you have to undergo entire SIAM testing and homologation again.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed