Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 16:57   #241
vRS
BHPian

Re: Skoda launching the Laura vRS soon? *UPDATE* BHPian drives it Pg.13

Skoda Auto team on their chat mentioned that the 2 Litre engine would require 95 octane and hence not practical for India launch
Old 31st August 2011, 17:01   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639

Sunroof is very much there. Same engine as the TSi but wasn't it the same as the older vRS i.e. same as 1.8TPi.

The earlier vRS was also 1.5L more than the 1.8TPi.

The 1.8 came on the vrs first and then they got the rider version iirc.
Old 31st August 2011, 17:05   #243
Senior - BHPian

While I understand Skoda India's dealers are not exactly the best people to deal with, If I was looking for a car in this segment I would choose this one without a blink of an eye, the only confusion I would have is if I should get it in Black or White or Blue!

This is a perfect package for India, nothing that I would perhaps miss out on. 10/10 to Skoda for launching this,

Regards,

P.S: Sorry if this has been asked before but can someone post the acceleration times for the car in Indian spec? Including in gear acceleration etc?

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 31st August 2011 at 17:09. Reason: Needed Performance info.
Old 31st August 2011, 17:05   #244
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
So the vRS wasn't exclusive when the rider version came out. You could pretty much kit out the rider and have it similar to the vRS.

With the Laura they got the Ambiente first to gauge the response then got the vRS.
Old 31st August 2011, 18:19   #245
BHPian

Skoda launching the Laura vRS soon? *UPDATE* BHPian drive - *EDIT* - Now Launched

It's here guys!!! The Laura vRS was launched today by Skoda. It is priced at 15.19L INR ex-maharashtra.

Key Specs:

1.8 L turbo petrol
118 kW (160 bhp) @4500–6200
250NM @1500–4500
6 speed manual
16" Alloy wheels
Alcantara leather seats with lateral support
Three-spoke multi-function leather steering wheel
spoiler on the boot
Dual exhaust
xenon curve projector headlights with dynamic levelling, corner function, with front fog lights and the LED position lamps
6.5" colour LCD with touch screen audio controls
6 CD changer with 8 speakers
sunroof

I wonder if this is really worth the extra 3L as compared to the regular TSI.

Note for mods: I could not find another thread for the Laura RS launch. If there is one then please move this to the appropriate thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Laura vRS launched @ Rs.15.19L-0111big.jpg  

Skoda Laura vRS launched @ Rs.15.19L-0112big.jpg  

Skoda Laura vRS launched @ Rs.15.19L-0114big.jpg  

Skoda Laura vRS launched @ Rs.15.19L-0116big.jpg  

Skoda Laura vRS launched @ Rs.15.19L-0118big.jpg  

Skoda Laura vRS launched @ Rs.15.19L-0119big.jpg  

Skoda Laura vRS launched @ Rs.15.19L-01110big.jpg  

Old 31st August 2011, 19:17   #246
Senior - BHPian

re: Skoda Laura vRS launched @ Rs.15.19L

Looks pretty good in yellow. Kinda disappointing that it has the exact same mechanicals as the stock Laura TSI - it kills that special VRS feeling!

Here is a link to the Carwale road test. Check out the photos, they are quite detailed.

Skoda Laura RS Road Test - Photos - CarWale
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 19:19   #247
Team-BHP Support

Excellent pricing IMO. For a couple of lakhs they have added in Xenon projector headlights, Park Distance Control touch screen, extra airbags, touchscreen infotainment system, sunroof, Alcantara leather etc. Pretty impressive.

And even kids can have fun in the RS. They have 2 Isofix child-seat mounts in the rear. Awesome!
Old 31st August 2011, 19:22   #248
Senior - BHPian

Wouldnt it make more sense to launch the vRS with a manual 6 speed version of the 2.0 140hp diesel. It could be priced same as Elegance DSG model.
The 1.8 TSi anyways has dismal sales. Will the petrol RS bring sales on the table. Most likely not.

Note that BMW is also thinking of the diesel coupe of the 3 series and not the petrol.

Edit: there was also a chat on the RS launch on Skoda india site:
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/IND/Page...SLiveChat.aspx

Last edited by dipen : 31st August 2011 at 19:38.
Old 31st August 2011, 19:25   #249
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Addition above features which is worth hi-lighting and i miss in my Vrs are

Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
Anti Slip Regulation
Traction Control System (TCS)

Auto leveling xenon curve projector headlights
LED position lights (DRL)

which are a great plus for a fast car.

EDIT : Also 164 mm GC

Last edited by v&v : 31st August 2011 at 19:33.
Old 31st August 2011, 19:58   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen
Wouldnt it make more sense to launch the vRS with a manual 6 speed version of the 2.0 140hp diesel. It could be priced same as Elegance DSG model.
The 1.8 TSi anyways has dismal sales. Will the petrol RS bring sales on the table. Most likely not.

Note that BMW is also thinking of the diesel coupe of the 3 series and not the petrol.

Edit: there was also a chat on the RS launch on Skoda india site:
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/IND/Page...SLiveChat.aspx
I think they should stick to petrol at least for the "sports" variants coz petrol is just way more fun.

The diesel sure is lower in opex but thats about it. The diesel is a choice made by the head and the petrol is a choice made by the heart!

Motorsports is all heart!

Besides if motorsport also started following that trend can you imagine steve slater saying " lets just savour the clatter of those V8 diesel engines"
Old 31st August 2011, 21:47   #251
Team-BHP Support

Need some expert opinion. Any thoughts on how good this car will be for a family? Is the ride expected to be really stiff (bone-jarring) for older back seat passengers?
Thanks!
Old 31st August 2011, 21:50   #252
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

What are 'auto-lights'? I think the lights on the new vRS are self-adjusting.
I meant the auto on off for lights like the L&K has. It does not seem to be there. Its called light assistant by Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I don't know why people are disappointed with the vRS. I think what they have offered is fantastic and actually just perfect.

1. No Climate control. This is great. Laura's have reports of failing AC electronics and doing away with this is the right thing to do. How many times do people keep changing the AC settings. I have it in one of my cars and not in the other. Never felt I'm missing out in my Figo that doesnt have it.

2. No electric seats. Again better without. I've seen motor fails and the seats jammed in a super uncomfy position. Nice to have but will not be missed.

16" with stiffened suspension. 16" compared to international 18" on stiffened suspension will be a nightmare on our roads. If one reads the overdrive review in sep issue, they have mentioned 16" with stiffened suspension is bone jarring. Imagine with 18". Suspension is stiffened but raised, great for our speed breakers. The earlier RS used to scrape everything, even the front skirt would hit some bumps. Many cracked bumpers on the old RS meaning expensive replacement.
1- When your spending 15+ on a car I think climate control should be there. Most of them work quite well. And the compressor was bad on the pre-fl Laura, they improved it with the fl. Either way climate control has nothing to do with failing ACs.

2- But when it is most likely going to be an owner driven car, things like electric seats with memory add to the driving experience. I think you are being a bit negative WRT motors failing, it can happen with any part, that doesn't mean the car is better off without it.

3- Agree totally on the ride part. Skoda could have tuned it a bit softer I'm sure and if they had offered 17s the handling would have been great anyway. With the Octy RS they went up a size for the wheels, should have done it now too IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRS View Post
Skoda Auto team on their chat mentioned that the 2 Litre engine would require 95 octane and hence not practical for India launch
Rubbish. The A4 sells with the 2.0t, I see them running fine. For the Superb 3.6 its mentioned that it needs minimum 95 octane, that did not stop them from bringing it in.
Old 31st August 2011, 22:34   #253
BHPian

Lovely! Drool stuff from the inside. Someone please buy it so that I can buy a pre-worshipped one after 3 years.
It has everything the Ambiente was missing. Can do without ACC. It gets Sunroof, retractable mirrors, Xenons, great looking DRLs, sporty interiors and yeah, Yellow and Red!
Neatly priced too.
Old 31st August 2011, 23:28   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
That is spot on. Some posters are confused. Original Skoda Ambiente petrol came with a pathetic 2l NA engine which made some ~10x ps.

vRS came first and 1.8 Rider was introduced a good bit later.
Old 31st August 2011, 23:35   #255
BHPian

Is there any way to get a navigation system working on the system provided by skoda? Also, where exactly is the aux port located ? Glove box? Centre arm rest? Tried google but it did not give me proper answers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks