Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2012, 23:55   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE
I just happened to speak to the Sr. Product Manager at Audi Mumbai West today, I made an inquiry for the on-going A4 and what deals can he get me on the model as a result of the facelift being around the corner. He claimed that the next launch around the corner for Audi is the Q3, which is in June. The face lifted of model is due in early 2013.

Anyways, he mentioned that the WCI Package now comes inclusive of the S-line body kit along with the Powered Passenger & Driver Memory Seats & Mirrors, Advanced Parking System, 17-inch alloys. He has promised to work out a deal for me as my reply to his question "when are you looking to buy this car?" was replied with "you offer me a good deal, we'll seal it right away".

Will keep this thread updated with the discounts he shells out for the on-going A4. Have called him over to my place for a test drive and discussions.

Regards,
Ncore one of my friend had enquired for the old a4 and he had more or less completed the deal. The kind of discount tha t he got was mind blowing but due to their laid back attitude he did not buy. Here are the deal details that he got

4 lacs off on the 1.8 TFSI and 2.0 TDI cars. 6 lacs off on the 2.0 TFSI but they did not have the model with the Sline kit and they also did not have any black interiors available. Over and above all hs my friend was to do his own insurance which would have saved him additional 40 to 50k.

Hope this info helps you in getting a better deal.
Old 19th March 2012, 00:25   #77
BHPian

re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Ncore one of my friend had enquired for the old a4 and he had more or less completed the deal. The kind of discount tha t he got was mind blowing but due to their laid back attitude he did not buy. Here are the deal details that he got

4 lacs off on the 1.8 TFSI and 2.0 TDI cars. 6 lacs off on the 2.0 TFSI but they did not have the model with the Sline kit and they also did not have any black interiors available. Over and above all hs my friend was to do his own insurance which would have saved him additional 40 to 50k.

Hope this info helps you in getting a better deal.
Thanks so much for your help kailash, even I called it off with Audi and their laid back attitude towards selling the car besides that, my family decided to keep it on a tighter budget this time for a car purchase, we booked the Chevy Cruze.
Old 3rd April 2012, 18:46   #78
BHPian

re: SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012

Looks like the facelifted A4 2.0 TDI will continue to have the weak 140PS engine. Only the 1.8 TSI has been reworked to produce a higher torque.
So just a nip/tuck job for the A4 2.0L diesel without any major improvements in the engine!
2012 Audi A4 first drive - Overdrive
Old 28th April 2012, 23:46   #79
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Here is what Hormazd Sorabjee tweeted:

Quote:
Audi pulls forward launch of new A4 by 8 weeks. Launch on May 3rd. Clever move to get headstart on new 3-series which may get delayed.
Competition is heating up!
Old 29th April 2012, 01:23   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
Looks like the facelifted A4 2.0 TDI will continue to have the weak 140PS engine. Only the 1.8 TSI has been reworked to produce a higher torque.
So just a nip/tuck job for the A4 2.0L diesel without any major improvements in the engine!
2012 Audi A4 first drive - Overdrive

The A4 always came with the 170ps version of the 2.0TDI. I dont think it ever came with the 140ps version found in the Jetta and Laura.
Old 29th April 2012, 02:03   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
The A4 always came with the 170ps version of the 2.0TDI. I dont think it ever came with the 140ps version found in the Jetta and Laura.
The A4 has always had the 140bhp, and the 170 is what it should have had.
Old 29th April 2012, 19:22   #82
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep A4 2.0TDI has been at 142BHP the same as on the Laura AT & Jetta for a while. It doesn't feel too insufficent with the DSG on hand but it is a heavy car for the segment so yes 170 would have been Ideal. The 3 Series definately is the better drivers car in the segment, while the Audi interiors feel richer to touch and feel. Audi does need to get the 170BHP tune in place out here.
Old 29th April 2012, 19:29   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Here is what Hormazd Sorabjee tweeted:

Competition is heating up!
I doubt if the facelifted A4 can hold a candle to the new 3 series hence Audi should launch it asap and garner as many sales as they can before the launch of the new beemer boy.
Old 29th April 2012, 19:36   #84
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep A4 2.0TDI has been at 142BHP the same as on the Laura AT & Jetta for a while. It doesn't feel too insufficent with the DSG on hand but it is a heavy car for the segment so yes 170 would have been Ideal.
are you sure that current A4 comes with DSG? I think present A4 comes with mutitronic gear box, not DSG.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2012, 19:56   #85
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
are you sure that current A4 comes with DSG? I think present A4 comes with mutitronic gear box, not DSG.
Actually yep you are right thanks, its historically been something to do with the way the engine is mounted not allowing for a DSG.Had written the above in a hurry and got it confused with the Laura due to a kind off similar shifter knob, but remembered as soon as you mentioned it.

Audi were reported to have plans to get DSG on the Audi but I guess it won't happen anytime soon. The Audi Multitronic too works well for the car but it definately is not a drivers car as also mentioned in my previous post.
Old 30th April 2012, 01:03   #86
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Audi were reported to have plans to get DSG on the Audi but I guess it won't happen anytime soon. The Audi Multitronic too works well for the car but it definately is not a drivers car as also mentioned in my previous post.
Present A4 3.0 TDI comes with S-TRONIC(7 speed DSG) . Audi Q3 2.0 TDI (AWD)comes with 7 speed DSG (S-Tronic) as per anshuman's review. New Audi A6 Quattaros come with S-Tronic while A6 2.0 TDI and 2.8 FSI (FWD)come with Mutlitronic gearboxes. So I guess all the Audi AWD come with S-Tronic Transmission and all Audi FWD like 2.0 TDI will come with multitronic.

Last edited by anb : 30th April 2012 at 01:09.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 01:34   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Present A4 3.0 TDI comes with S-TRONIC(7 speed DSG) . Audi Q3 2.0 TDI (AWD)comes with 7 speed DSG (S-Tronic) as per anshuman's review. New Audi A6 Quattaros come with S-Tronic while A6 2.0 TDI and 2.8 FSI (FWD)come with Mutlitronic gearboxes. So I guess all the Audi AWD come with S-Tronic Transmission and all Audi FWD like 2.0 TDI will come with multitronic.
I think most RS-Quattro cars from the Audi stable came equipped with R-Tronic (sequential manual) 'boxes. Including the Quattro-equipped R8.

Not completely sure though.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 11:18   #88
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for Self quoting but should clear up the air on why I always have insisted on why a lot of users need to quit using Autocar / Economic times as their source of information as you can see below they were only guessing it while I always stood by what I said.

And I always have said it that Audi India will try plan this as close to new 3 as possible, now if only they take a leap in equipments / engines made in India I see little they can do against the 3.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post
Per Autocar india "The new A4 will launch worldwide at the end of next year, so it should debut in India in early 2013."
Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
No no, Autocar India is only making perhaps an error in typing unless they really don't know much about it but like I've said countless times the new A4 will be here in the early part of 2012.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
I guess Audi India will try launch it closer to 3s launch?
Old 2nd May 2012, 16:41   #89
Senior - BHPian

See what came in today.

All doubts about its launch / booking are put to rest now.

Seems @S350L-E240 was spot on with its Launch details.

SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012-image001.jpg
Old 3rd May 2012, 13:22   #90
BHPian

Audi has launched the new A4 today.The Prices are as follows:

1.8 TFSI :Rs 27.33 lacs
2.0 TDI : Rs 29.38 lacs
3.0 TDI Quattro : Rs 38 lacs

All prices are ex showroom Maharashtra.

Audi has dropped 2.0 TFSI petrol this time.What can be the reason?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks