Team-BHP - SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SCOOP* Audi A4 Facelift caught testing on Mumbai roads - Launch on 4th May 2012 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/107147-scoop-audi-a4-facelift-caught-testing-mumbai-roads-launch-4th-may-2012-a.html)

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion on the A4 launch thread. Thanks

Spotted this heavily camouflaged audi which looks like a new a4 or possibly A3 saloon being tested on marine drive toady early morning .
driver noticed me taking pictures he started flashing there lights and then took an extremely fast a U-turn drove of in the opposite direction .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Monkey (Post 2491491)
Spotted this heavily camouflaged audi which looks like a new a4 or possibly A3 saloon being tested on marine drive toady early morning .
driver noticed me taking pictures he started flashing there lights and then took an extremely fast a U-turn drove of in the opposite direction .

Look at the size, mainly next to the WagonR. Doesnt look like an A4 to me! Wonder if its the rumoured A3! :thumbs up

Most likely the A3 saloon. That's up next for India. The A4 facelift is a couple of years away i guess.

This is the A4 Sedan Facelift, being tested for Indian Launch in 2012.

The current A4 was launched in September 2007 internationally, 4 years down the facelift should be launched internationally anytime now and then Audi India will launch it in India by Q2 2012.

Regards,

Nice pics these.

Audi is the only German Luxury manufacturer in India who is testing their products in Mumbai city sans badges and sometimes with camouflage like this one.

We've seen the A6, Q3 and now this: I, for one don't understand what these vehicles are doing on city roads? Seems they want to create a hype in customers by showing that a new Audi is on the way.

Even the grey Q3, Silver A5 and a dark grey-sh A6 all with red plates and without any logos are seen roaming around Mumbai city quite frequently.

C-Class face lift is already out, I feel Audi would love to launch this one soon.

Great scoop! Though it's not the A4 but looks like the A5 sedan. The A4 facelift is still a lot of months away. Even internationally they haven't started testing it.

The A5 doesnt come in a sedan....that is the new A4 facelifted...

Quote:

Originally Posted by i<3turbo (Post 2492105)

I think he means the Sportback. But it doesn't seem to be that.

That is the A4 facelift and not the A5 sportback, most german cars have a 7 year life cycle and most follow a trend of facelifting towards the end of the 4th year, and considering the A4 was launched internationally in September 2007, it's high time for the facelift.

Also A4 test mules have been spotted at various places across the globe, I wont be surprised if we see the facelift at IAA.

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 2492087)
Great scoop! Though it's not the A4 but looks like the A5 sedan. The A4 facelift is still a lot of months away. Even internationally they haven't started testing it.

Okay I might not be correct but it was just my opinion :) All Audis now more or less look the same!

Quote:

Originally Posted by i<3turbo

Surprising to know this is coming from you! Haven't you heard of the A5 Sportsback?

theragingbull,

I absolutely agree with you on the look part, but coming back to the A4 do take a look at these pics only posting them for reference, from an international site, the car should be out very soon as A5/S5 is already out!

Audi A4 Spyshots

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 2492128)
All Audis now more or less look the same

Just got Confirmation its the facelifed A4 .
launch will be at frankfurt motor show .
Audi intends to run/test the car for 100,000 kms in india before they send it back to germany for analysis

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Monkey (Post 2492261)
Just got Confirmation its the facelifed A4 .
launch will be at frankfurt motor show .
Audi intends to run/test the car for 100,000 kms in india before they send it back to germany for analysis

Mumbai is a good place to test the Audi's water wading capabilities. Especially over the last week.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 2492128)
Okay I might not be correct but it was just my opinion :) All Audis now more or less look the same!

Surprising to know this is coming from you! Haven't you heard of the A5 Sportsback?

A sedan isnt a sportback...the A5 sedan would be a car with a trunk a sportback is a car with hatch...

I've seen several pictures of Audis, Mercedes, BMWs, etc being tested on foreign soil, with similar sort of camouflage draping the car. This is the first time I've seen an Audi with this sort of camo in India.

This just goes to show how serious Audi is about our market.