Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:52   #16
BHPian

Re: August 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis

The City is proving it's masterclass in the petrol sedan range.

The Linea show is becoming pathetic. At this rate, soon the number of variants will outnumber the units sold.
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:54   #17
BHPian

No Prius sold this month. So much for going green eh?
I hope the government comes out with incentives for hybrids to encourage more car makers to bring in new technologies to India.

Glad to see the City back on top of the pile, diesel be damned.

An N/A next to the good old Amby. Its one number I always look forward to
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:57   #18
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Having driven the Brio, I can tell you that it's going to sell all that Honda can make (of course, as long as it's priced correctly).
Ah, the official review seems just around the corner

Quote:
The Polo has an ordinary month, while the Vento isn't able to keep up with the Verna & City's success.
Has Vento already had its 15-minutes-of-fame? Would the Lauretta further dent it?

Last edited by SDP : 3rd September 2011 at 15:01.
Old 3rd September 2011, 14:58   #19
BANNED

The most awaited thread is here. Thanks.

Great comeback by Honda. Imagine, what its facelifted model (perhaps with proper music system and ACC???) rumoured to be launched this festival season, would do to the competition? Jazz, going by the waiting list, is expected to do wonders, but how many is Honda actually planning to sell? Heard somewhere that they have a production capacity of meagre 500 cars per month? Needs confirmation badly for further comments?

New Swift is sure to emerge as a stunner.

Though Ford through its pricing of NFF had dug its grave, the epitaph too has been written. Though the heartbeat is still palpable, can Ford resuscitate it? All that it needs is correct pricing and some restoration of quality.

Performance of i20 with its known AC and steering rattle issues surprises me.
Old 3rd September 2011, 15:03   #20
BHPian

Have been waiting to see this for almost two days..
Thanks GTO

Honda Jazz now showing that the VFM is what India wants. Spurt in sales as soon as the price dropped!!

SX4 tells that the having a diesel might not be always enough.More equipment for SX4 please.

Labor blues continue at Maruti, although Swift and Dzire has done well they are still to reach the Pre April figures.

Fiat Fiat Fiat. Sleeping a "Kumbhkarn" slumber. Prodding is just not enough I guess.

Nano is done. But wait this was what I thought in Aug last month and then it just came back only to show the sales drop again.

New Fiesta! Where are you ? Just cant find you on the road.Oh 400 units ? Now I know Why i do not see them. Fiesta classic is VFM compared to the New Fiesta. with the money you save you could even install a Pete's and get similar performance

Vento Figo Polo are all stabilised at their respective spots.

Hyundai i20 selling more than Figo. Good considering that it is actually costlier of the two.

Toyota juggling production lines between Etios and Liva ? In Jun etios sold 5K, units now etios and liva are combined selling 5K units approx. Time to upgrade the plant or only so much demand now ?

Last edited by figo_mba : 3rd September 2011 at 15:04.
Old 3rd September 2011, 15:08   #21
BHPian

Thanks GTO for the August Sales figure those were much awaited from past two days.

1. Maruti Ritz is slowly clocking 7k + figures from past couple of months, may be potential buyers of swift were shifting to Ritz because of waiting Period for swift. Now that new swift has been launched it would be noteworthy to how much Ritz clocks in coming months.

2. Nano started its sales with odd looking 500 figures which was a truly dismal figure slowly it started climbing the ladder but this months mere 1202 does not reflect the true character of the car. God knows whats in-store for NANO.

3. Jazz with various discounts offered at the dealership did not pull any magic for Honda, May be Honda wanted to clear the stock for new launch and with new pricing strategy it should be a game changer for Honda.

4. Another Honda that is City was really impressive with 5819 as it was been literally written off with no diesel engine and its rival Vento with diesel engine has managed just 51.88 % as compared to total number of city sales.

5. When SX4 diesel was launched I am sure Maruti would have decided a particular figure that it would clock but it seems diesel is not going any were.

6. Etios Twin Diesel from Toyota launching on 9th September and couple of months from now that should set the chart on right track.
Old 3rd September 2011, 15:11   #22
Team-BHP Support

The Honda civic seems to be silently climbing up the sales charts again, from 175 odd in june to 330 in august!

The Hyundai Santa Fe seems to have notched up quite some numbers this time, 226 to be precise. Seems like their advertisements are working, is there a discount offer also that they have ongoing?

Fiat Linea sales are pathetic at 113. A massive fall from 850+ in may to 100+ in august could only indicate that most non-honda-city buyers went the ANHV way after May-June.

Also pleasantly surprised to see what magic those massive discounts weaved for Honda Jazz and City!

Last edited by KarthikK : 3rd September 2011 at 15:23.
Old 3rd September 2011, 15:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

It'll be good competition between the two 'H's in the coming months - City vs Verna, Jazz vs i20 and Brio vs i10. I believe Jazz numbers will climb up and Brio will go head on against the i10.

Nano needs some serious correction/positioning. We need a V2 with a silent engine, removed rev cutter and better brakes. Power Steering and hatch that opens will also be welcome additions.

Everybody expected increased Aria numbers. Somehow that hasn't happened! Let's wait and see for next few months.

Considering what Mahindra has done with the Logan, Fiat should consider selling the Linea to them
Old 3rd September 2011, 15:35   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

What happened to the Etios? Sales dropping by almost 33% compared to July. . Production issues or market reaction?
Old 3rd September 2011, 15:41   #25
BHPian

Superb show by the City. It has beaten the Verna comprehensively despite it being petrol only (so much for diesel talk nowadays). As for the NFF, well it really is putting up a dismal show. I expected the numbers to go up even slightly, but instead it has come tumbling down. Thing is, Ford has production issues so it might not be too much of a concern for them as yet. No doubt Fiesta Classic is VFM. Good performance by the Jazz, expect next month's sales figures for Jazz to jump!
Old 3rd September 2011, 15:48   #26
BHPian

Great show by Honda City. I am sure now that Honda will not think of a diesel engine for this.

Ratan Tata should set right the marketing disaster called Nano, particularly when all the reviews about Nano are so good. Also, there have been no fire catching incidents for almost a year now.
Old 3rd September 2011, 15:48   #27
Senior - BHPian

GTO, thanks for the update.

I am surprised to see state of Kizashi and Maruti not doing anything about it. A wonderful car killed by incorrect pricing. Other cars in the same segment are doing much better the Skodas, Hondas and Toyotas. Maruti needs to wake up from long sleep.

Toyota Fortuner and Altis continue to do well, especially Fortuner. Almost the same numbers (although a little bit down from 1000+ every month) but still far far better then anyone else in that price range. Talk of confidence on Toyota quality and VFM.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 3rd September 2011 at 16:18.
Old 3rd September 2011, 15:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Considering what Mahindra has done with the Logan, Fiat should consider selling the Linea to them
As was quoted in some other thread, Fiat is happy selling engines! Let them come up with better and better engines and supply to other carmakers.
Old 3rd September 2011, 15:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

We all are so used to seeing the Car Sales on 1st of every month that this time it felt as if it was an eternity. Thanks GTO!

Honda with its price reductions gives Honds City a much needed boost. If petrol are sold so many just imagine what a diesel oil burner could do.
Vento numbers not the same as it was earlier reason being price reduction of City and waiting that goes with it.
Fiat Linea just 113, it seems Fiat either need to pack it bag and go back to Italy and think over what works in India or break the JV with Tata and open its own dealership. Tata with Fiat engines is raking in moolah as earlier Tata's engines weren't any good.
What about NFF just 401 units, it to seems to be headed the way Linea is going but earlier. Needs a price reduction of 1.5 lac than only it would to be any competition to the cut throat C segment.
In the month of September there will be furthur reduction in car sales as after Ganesh Chaturti, Shradd will be following which is a inauspicious month for purchasing anything new by many, me included.
So the month of September will be even more interesting.
Old 3rd September 2011, 15:55   #30
Senior - BHPian

While no doubt city is a fantastic package and price cut has really helped, one more thing working in its favour is the waiting periods quoted on vento/verna and NFF.

Quote:
- Things looking up for Honda, with price cuts et al. Year on year, Honda is up 25%. The City sells nearly 6,000 copies, and makes it to no.11 on the India best selling list! The price cut has suddenly made it VFM..
OT - @GTO - Quite a few t-bhp official reviews are pending (swift, jetta, brio etc) and looks like the team is going to bring them all together. Looking forward to it eagerly.

Quote:
Having driven the Brio...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks