Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2011, 09:35   #91
BHPian

Re: August 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
After all the hoopla only 600 Jazz's have been sold
IMHO thats not bad at all as the car was (re) launched only on the 18th. Which means that the figure of 600 is actually for a period of 10-12 days. my guess is that this will stabilise at near about 1200 units per month. i guess this would be borne out after a couple of months. except for the indian fixation with the "Boot"/"lambi Gaadi", this is anyday a more practical car than most 'C' segmenters, its sibling the 'city' included.
Old 4th September 2011, 09:36   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
Very very interesting.
Honda City has sold more than the so called hot hatch, i20 :-)
This is what a simple price correction could do for a car. What if Honda had brought down the price by 1-1.25 lakhs instead of 66K?
ANHV,NFF, SX4, Vento, Manza etc would have been lying in the yards.
What will be the scene once Honda launches it's diesel City?
Looks like City is going to be the "Alto" of the C-segment

ANHV, in another few months will be shown its place.Just having few useless gadgets won't/shouldn't help any car maker to sell its products. A figure of 800-1000 is "right" for ANHV. This group just looks for bells and whistles.

All the reviews about ANHV says one common factor of "No confidence beyond a speed of 100 kmph". Who wouldn't want to take his/her car to that speed on a longish ride?
Whether you stable has both petrol and diesel, it just doesn't matter if the car doesn't inspire confidence in the consumers.
Above all, whatever anyone does for their car, in C-segment H still holds the snob value. That also plays big time in stupid Indian minds.
NFF, without a price correction, looks very hard to take off.
The only problem with more number of Honda sales is that, this will result in more Honda ownership threads and formation of multitude of mutual admiration society of Honda owners.
Please mods, do look into this before t-bhp becomes a full fledged Honda site :-)

What is happening with Linea? Is it over priced? Isn't it a good quality vehicle? Are the prospective buyers being put off by infamous TASS?
Hope Fiat can do something about their vehicles.

What is plaguing Jazz? Even after 1.6lakh cut, it is still not flying off the shelves.

Hope Tata can do something about Nano.
Scorpio doesn't seem to be impacted at all. Infact, amidst all the turmoil, the sales have increased :-)
I never post off-topic, but this I HAD TO . I hope when you called Indian minds 'stupid', you are talking only for yourself. Please, and I emphasize, restrain from reflection your lowly mindset on a public forum.

I agree we are all entitled to our opinions, but is this how I thrust your opinion? Which group are you talking about, when you talk about bells and whistles? How insightfully have you studied the Indian automotive market? Are you sure a 1.5 lac drop in ANHC pricing would have reduced the ANHV stockyard to a junkyard? What analysis have you used?

Refer to my Pench travelogue to know if someone will take his/her ANHV on a long drive. I have driven over 16,000 kms in my ANHV in 3 months. Without long drives, eh? Without confidence? I might agree that it does not have the best suspension set up, nor the most responsive steering. But if you have not driven over a hundred kms in a car, how can you analyze the future of its sales, no less!

Finally, please be sedate in your language. It comes up as offensive.
Peace!
mathranik is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 10:05   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
This is true, Suzuki has a Contract with FIAT for Manufacturing a certain amount of engines only. latest of what i have heard is that it was about 2.5lakhs in a year!
Hey thanks for bringing out this information. Its a sheer stupidity on MSIL's behalf to agree on a volume limit in contract. To me its like shooting in your foot.

Now that it seems to me you have some idea on this contract, you can also tell us till when does this contract lasts? To me this 2.5 Lakh limit on manufacturing is still an imagination and far from reality. This is not how contracts are done. Upside is always kept open. Do you think they would have done the same contract with Tatas or GM. I think No.

Also the rumour that Maruti is developing a New generation of Diesel and Petrol engine suggests me the contract is getting over sometimes soon in next 4-5 year's time. Purely my speculation though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
If you or me were at FIAT today by any chance we would be waiting for this contract to get over and stop suzuki from growing their portfolio using our engines. forget about the question of FIAT allowing to suzuki to manufacture more engines every year unless FIAT is still under financial crisis.
Absolutely. And not Just FIAT but Tata and GM also would be waiting/Hoping for this contract to get over.

Last edited by anu21v : 4th September 2011 at 10:06.
Old 4th September 2011, 10:06   #94
BHPian

SPARK from 3000+ to <1500
Is there some specific reason ? or just a beating down due to petrol price and high interest rate.
could someone enlighten me or am I missing something ?

cheers
Old 4th September 2011, 10:13   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanagg1 View Post
SPARK from 3000+ to <1500
Is there some specific reason ? or just a beating down due to petrol price and high interest rate.
could someone enlighten me or am I missing something ?

cheers
Pure Case of Petrol price linked Volumes. Ofcourse peopl will make us to believe it is volume diversion due to Beat diesel's manufacturing. Plot the sales of petrol only cars and you would see more or less same drop across the Petrol only car lines.

Do not worry though, people are shying in buying petrol cars for time being. Once they get used to petrol prices and realize the benefits of petrol cars (CNG/LPG application can be done only on petrols), they will not shy away from buying petrol cars again. I am hoping post diwali Petrol car sales will again increase.
Old 4th September 2011, 10:36   #96
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Thank you GTO for the sales figures.

I was about to book the NFF and seeing the way they are struggling to push it off from the production lines, i might as well wait for a month or two. I am sure Ford has to come down on prices and/or come out with discounts, free insurance, etc., etc., for getting the sales back on track. I am holding back my cheque now and i hope my Fusion holds up for a month or two...
Old 4th September 2011, 10:48   #97
mgh
BHPian

Seems to me that Tatas are slowly pricing themselves out of the market. Their USP was their selling price relative to what they offered, especially with diesel vehicles, which is no longer the case with any of their models.
Unless they get a USP which replaces the earlier one, their sales will fall continuously with their current pricing, which is no longer competitive.
Old 4th September 2011, 10:49   #98

Hey GTO, what about the Renault Fluence ? Any idea on what the car is notching up on the sales front ?
Old 4th September 2011, 11:06   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
BMW sales haven't been received as yet. Where did you get that info on the X1?
From swiftnfurious's graphic:

August 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis-lux_suv.jpg

That gave the impression that there were no primary sales of the X1 in July & August, in fact the August number clearly says zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Few points from my side:

1. Alto leading the sales chart as always. But soon it is to face competition from Hyundai Eon.
Hyundai WHA...? Is that even in the pipeline? Amusing to see people go out on a limb with predictions about cars not even launched.
Old 4th September 2011, 11:16   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks GTO for your intensive report. Its good to see City at the top of the charts in its segment. It seems Jazz will also bring in good numbers in days to come. Sad to see the Aria and NFF with such poor figures, good cars with pricing blunders.
Old 4th September 2011, 12:08   #101
BHPian

This is my first post in the forum.
I really like this thread, always follow it.
I normally access the forum from my mobile.
Unfortunately the sales tables are not readable as it is not possible to zoom into them. Is there any way around this problem?
Old 4th September 2011, 12:11   #102
BHPian

I think Hyundai's strategy with the ANHV has been good. They decided to span 2 segments by offering a combination of 2 engines so that they could take a share from Dzire & Etios as well as vento, City. They have been successful to a good extent. However, if you go back 6-7 months, the old verna used to sell around 1800 units a month while the accent used to do around 1300 that's a total of 3100. The ANHV and accent together now are doing around 4.8K. In effect the 4200 odd sales of ANHV may seem huge compared to the 1800, but actually the total sales have increased from 3100 to 4800. Still a great performance from Hyundai. In addition, i20 also seems to have lost some fizz after the ANHV. ANHV has achieved a huge success but definitely for Hyundai it is at a certain cost.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 12:55   #103

What would be very interesting is to see how the C segment numbers change after the launch of Toyota Etios Diesel in September. That surely would eat a part of Manza & Dzire lunch
Old 4th September 2011, 13:02   #104
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO as always - very awaited!

Why should the Fiat/Maruti deal be limited to 'x' number of engines? Isnt it a win-win for both?
Dzire is so successful - I wonder why they dont want to export that or build elsewhere? Especially in the SAARC countries, this will be a major success.

Is Mahindra working on improving the looks of Xylo? If they can make it any better, it will get a lot more sales.

I heard from elsewhere too VW is suddenly down-to-earth. When Vento was launched, a colleague of mine was called to the showroom on a holiday and was very uncourteous on the phone when contacted!!
Old 4th September 2011, 13:06   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What I read was, Maruti doesn't want to expand their facility to churn out more diesel engines since the market is not sure of the diesel pricing in the future. Hence they have asked Fiat to give them the extra number of engines they need.

Pretty much in line with what I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Hey thanks for bringing out this information. Its a sheer stupidity on MSIL's behalf to agree on a volume limit in contract. To me its like shooting in your foot.

Thanks swiftnfurious.
@anu- why do you still think it is sheer stupidity for Suzuki to agree a limit of 2.5lakhs engines per year??
They got a licence to manufacture 2.5 lakh engines under Suzuki badge with a DDiS name that itself is a big advantage and suzuki should be thankfull to FIAT for that, had they requested for a unlimited engine production contract i doubt the deal would have ever happened!!

Without anydoubt It is a Fair Business deal that has happened between FIAT and SUZUKI.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks