Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2007, 23:50   #151
Senior - BHPian

A bewra friend of mine just saw this thread and was very pleased, "even the Palio does Alcohol u see .." he says!! I asked him to return the favour by doing Petrol.
Old 19th February 2007, 12:46   #152
BHPian

The new version looks much smooth now, but i like the old version more for it's boy racer looks...
Old 19th February 2007, 13:34   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
Is it launched already???
I Spoke to the Fiat dealer today and he said that its the same old Palio that they have started producing and at the Pune Plant now. and its expected to reach the showrooms by March!
Old 19th February 2007, 14:01   #154
BHPian

So when are they starting the new model? Why would anyone buy an old model when the new one is just round the corner and making its rounds in the media circle?

I am not sure why they aren't considering releasing the latest version mk4 instead of mk3? Things are too obscure.
Old 19th February 2007, 14:06   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I Spoke to the Fiat dealer today and he said that its the same old Palio that they have started producing and at the Pune Plant now. and its expected to reach the showrooms by March!
Please dont trust the dealers on such news. Or Fiat for that matter.
Old 19th February 2007, 14:14   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Please dont trust the dealers on such news. Or Fiat for that matter.

Hmmm..... The dealers are TATA and the company is Fiat. So if one cannot trust Tata and Fiat, then who out of Tata-fiat does one trust

Oh Fiat! How much deeper do you want to dig yourself!!!!!

O.T. I am already having major spares issue with my may 2006 Palio! I shudder to think what will happen once the new one will be launched!
Old 19th February 2007, 15:20   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
O.T. I am already having major spares issue with my may 2006 Palio! I shudder to think what will happen once the new one will be launched!

Himanshu, don't worry abt Spares, once the production of new Palio is streamlined at the new factory @ Rajnandgaon, spares would be easily available! Just hold on for few days!

Last edited by finneyp : 19th February 2007 at 15:31.
Old 19th February 2007, 21:03   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Himanshu, don't worry abt Spares, once the production of new Palio is streamlined at the new factory @ Rajnandgaon, spares would be easily available! Just hold on for few days!
I agree with you on this. Also, one point which I didn't mention about is when I called up to enquire about the "new" Palio he was constantly hearing that is Punto!!! I guess the dealers are more excited about selling the Punto than the Palio! Also, the way Fiat cars share the place with the TATA cars in all their dealerships is pathetic. They are given a stepmotherly treatment. The TATA cars are inside the Showroom and the Palio's baking in the sun. I remember when I had gone to ask abt the adventure at the time of the FIAT-TATA tie up and I had to wait for 50 mins for someone to attend to me when I asked for FIAT and when I asked about the Indigo I had 3 people trying to sell the car!

Anyone who has had a similar exp?
Old 19th February 2007, 21:36   #159
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
can't say anything about the success of new PALIO, because, SWIFT D is really doing good ,and LOGAN is slated fora launch in the month of MAY.lets wait and watch, though i have a strong feeling that ,it won't cause any jitteres for rivals.
Old 20th February 2007, 11:50   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
though i have a strong feeling that ,it won't cause any jitteres for rivals.
I completly agree with you. Though i don't want FIAT to suffer a loss, they are digging their own grave by delaying the launches and allowing the competition to launch high end models
Old 20th February 2007, 11:53   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Strange. Since people(including yours truly) keep spotting new Palios all the time, undergoing testing. Infact, Hkanitkar had seen several at once in Pune. Are they making the facelifted models only for testing purposes??
Old 20th February 2007, 15:38   #162
Senior - BHPian

The new Palio (Mk IV?) looks UGLY! The rear looks like it's from the Alto! Front looks like the old Punto.

Best Palio = Current one in India with the newer interiors.
Old 20th February 2007, 16:07   #163
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday i saw a show in ndtv where some top guy of fiat was being interviewed..

he was talking abt getting alpha-romeo, maserati and ferrari to india in future..(say 3-5 years)

But boss..what abt the current upgraded palio??? or atleast old one...
Old 21st February 2007, 13:31   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Actually Finney, i am not so sure. I sent my Palio to my parents in Delhi since they wanted a second car and I was having a major issue with the ECU of the car and none of the service centers here in bangy could even figure out what the problem was. In Delhi, the owner of the largest tata dealership is a family friend. Presently the car has been lying in his service center at Okhla for 1 week. He told me that in fiat, no one knows whether they are coming or going! he has placed an order for the faulty sensor(at least they have been able to diagnose the problem) and there has been no response from fiat, let alone the part arriving- and this when the owner of teh dealership is himself following up! He has told my father that he will get the car repaired and find a buyer for him since he himself says that they have no hope from Fiat. also, he has told him that there is so much load on them w.r.t. tata cars that they can hardly spare respources on Fiat!!!! go figure!

damn! why did i ever buya Palio
Old 21st February 2007, 14:00   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Strange. Since people(including yours truly) keep spotting new Palios all the time, undergoing testing. Infact, Hkanitkar had seen several at once in Pune. Are they making the facelifted models only for testing purposes??
Pics please ...We would appreciate it much

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks