Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2007, 20:18   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
Javali, Bangalore is crazy, These people are insane.. I had a very bad experience while/after servicing my petra1.6.
Donot believe them as they may not have any info about fiat petrol cars, They only deal in Diesel petra and palio.
That is funny! I thought they were supposed to be the REAL fiat dealers. Atleast they have a good name in hubli! this time i buy a car I seriously need to look at the knowledge about servicing the car that the dealer possesses. I should go with my mind rather than my heart
Old 15th March 2007, 12:29   #257
Senior - BHPian

here is a link to the fiat palio (2008) gallery. click here

@mods - please delete this link if it has been posted earlier. thanks.

take care.
Old 15th March 2007, 12:34   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post

take care.
It looks like a 1 night stand between an Audi (Front grill area) and a Honda (the rear lights reminded me of the Indian Civic). In and all a good package if priced competitively...
Old 15th March 2007, 12:37   #259
BHPian

looks delicious and mouth watering ..
Old 15th March 2007, 12:54   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post

take care.
The pics are of Palio Mark 4. Is this what Fiat India is about to launch here? Earlier press reports suggested that we'll be getting Palio Mark 3 but with the same old Mark 1 dashboard and interiors.
Old 15th March 2007, 12:59   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
we'll be getting Palio Mark 3 but with the same old Mark 1 dashboard and interiors.
yes even I have read somewhere when Palio was supposed to launched in Jan but with Palio launch delayed till now you never know..
Old 16th March 2007, 09:55   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
yes even I have read somewhere when Palio was supposed to launched in Jan but with Palio launch delayed till now you never know..
I have a mail from BU Bhandari Pune, which says that 'probably' the new Palio would be launched in April.
Old 16th March 2007, 11:46   #263
BHPian

Same here. The tata dealer called me to say that after 2nd week of April he will have more Fiat cars to show. I was interested in Adventure, btw.
Old 16th March 2007, 13:33   #264
BHPian

when i asked a sales person, he is still not sure about new fiat cars, but said something is going to happen( may be a petrol palio now and a diesel later)
Old 19th March 2007, 09:54   #265
Team-BHP Support

Some spy pictures from Pune:

Old 19th March 2007, 10:02   #266
Senior - BHPian

I was thinking of waiting for the new palio, but your spy pics just killed half my interest in the car.

I can see that the dash design is still the same old dated one with a beige/dual colour freshening up. The a/c control box looks like an add-on and I personally hate it the most.

The Exteriors sure are welcome though and so is the upholstery.
Old 19th March 2007, 10:16   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
I was thinking of waiting for the new palio, but your spy pics just killed half my interest in the car.
I can see that the dash design is still the same old dated one with a beige/dual colour freshening up. The a/c control box looks like an add-on and I personally hate it the most.
I had mentioned long back that the interiors are the same . Sorry to kill your hopes but if you look at this, Fiat has been using the same dash in the old generation Siena as well!! I wonder when they will have an interest to launch an "all new car"?

Edit: Which A/C control box did you see?

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th March 2007 at 10:18.
Old 19th March 2007, 10:25   #268
BHPian

Great that this is the Palio coming our way and I am REVEALED that its not the latest design which IMO is not as good as this one. As for Interiors, I would prefer the dash set up as in Palio 1.6 to this one, the silver on Meter console and stereo side looks very tacky and a new set of modern door pads should have made an entry.
Old 19th March 2007, 11:06   #269
Senior - BHPian

nice pics

@moralfibre - great pics and yes the dashboard seems to have got a beige treatment. personally i feel its nothing awesome, though it does brighten up the car a bit. i also notice the dead pedal for resting your left foot, wondering if it was there in the previous nv models. the upholstery looks calm and soothing as well. i also see some controls up the ac vent on right most side, wondering what they could be. there seems to be a clock as well at the centre. the gear shift looks like its got some disease with its half black and half beige combination. reminds me of the toblerone in my hand right now the top cone milk bar and the bottom cocoa!

i also notice an extra box below right a/c vent seems that this was not there before. now i m sort of sure that this car is coming shortly. just wish the 1.3 mjd is in as well along with the 1.1 and so also the 1.6 is retained!

technically what is the bhp difference between the 1.1 and 1.2 and whether the 1.1 will be better in terms of driveability compared to the earlier sluggish 1.2? also i heard that the parts of the car are made more lighter, would you have some info on what this would mean for road stability?
Old 19th March 2007, 11:20   #270
Team-BHP Support

Geeksrik, good observations there!

1) The beige interiors are nothing new. A few current version 1.2's had it too! IMO they look pretty ok.
2) The dead pedal went missing on many new cars as a cost cutting measure. How many current Palio users have it? and also use it? The pedals are too cramped to use the dead pedal.
3) The controls you saw up on the RHS A/C vent is the head light beam level adjusted which is a compulsory fitment for all cars from ARAI. I have it in my 1.6 Sport as well.
4) The clock came in my 1.6 sport too. Its too dull and you have to stare at it to see the current time during broad day light.
5) The gear shift looks yuck, I agree
Quote:
i also notice an extra box below right a/c vent seems that this was not there before. now i m sort of sure that this car is coming shortly. just wish the 1.3 mjd is in as well along with the 1.1 and so also the 1.6 is retained!
If you are seeing something below the RHS A/C vent then it is the fuse box and is there in my current version Palio too. I too wish they bring in all the engines especially the 1.3 Multijet with 100 bhp LOL.

The 1.1 is 58 or 55 bhp stock, sorry I dont remember correctly. It weighs 980 kgs and is a whole 100kgs lighter than the current version. It is better in terms of driveability as per the tester since the power comes in at a lower rpm unlike the current version 1.2's where you need to rev the car crazy to get it moving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks