Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2007, 15:04   #271
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Moralfibre for posting those pics of the much awaited new Palio!

Yes, the interiors looks more or less the same as NV models, dead pedal is back, two tone steering wheel & gear knob, beige interiors and just some cosmetic changes here & there! The exteriors ofcourse changed, and I like the new front and back design!
Now, I just want to know the Engine options available?
Hope they retain the hot 1.6 and introduce Multijet Diesel for Heaven sake!
Old 19th March 2007, 15:18   #272
Senior - BHPian

by the a/c control box I mean the box type plastic where the a/c controls and the parking light etc are housed. The place below the stereo.
Old 19th March 2007, 19:48   #273
BHPian

In the dashboard...I can see the tacho on one of them and a fuel gauge on the other... am I seeing the tacho similar to the 1.6???? Are we seeing the new palio with the 1.6??? there is surely a difference... I am sure there will be 2 models....
and where did they get this new gear shift from?? Atleast they could have kept the "few" good touches of the existing interiors....they seemed to have carried on with most of it....duds...
Old 19th March 2007, 20:08   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

MF, the pics are of two cars- one white, one dark. Any difference between the two?
Old 19th March 2007, 20:13   #275

New Fiat Palio 1.1 & 1.6

Dear Team BHP Members,
I am new member to your forum based in Nagpur but i am regularly going through this forum & getting details of New Fiat 1.1 & 1.6 which will be launched in 1st week of April it is confirmed.
I have already booked the first car Palio 1.1 at Jaika Motors, Civil Lines, Nagpur. They have shown me a Demo CD which contains information regarding Engine Spec, Colour & Positioning against rivals.
As regarding Engine 1.1 it will give only 57 BHP but The torque which is essential for drivelability is 92 Nm at 2750 rpm. The average combined for 1.1 is 14.3 Km. They have reduced the weight of car from 1025 Kg to 990 Kg this i am mentioning about top end model that is SXI.
They are positioning Palio 1.1 at the same end where Santro, Wagon R & Estillo is & They are Positioning Palio 1.6 towards Swift, UVA & Getz. Their is no mentioning about 1.3 JTD.
Thanks,
Happy Riding
Old 19th March 2007, 21:12   #276
BHPian

Seem like a fully loaded "ex-showroom" kinda cars...complete with Ganesha Idol. They could definitely do with some blessings!

The darker one almost looks quite butch like the adventure with grey bumpers...!
Old 19th March 2007, 21:16   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulprints View Post
Dear Team BHP Members,
I am new member to your forum based in Nagpur but i am regularly going through this forum & getting details of New Fiat 1.1 & 1.6 which will be launched in 1st week of April it is confirmed.
About 1.6, Any specs you can share with us?
Old 19th March 2007, 22:26   #278
Senior - BHPian

I have seen the grey one many times here on Paud Road. Were both of them 1.1L versions?
Old 19th March 2007, 23:22   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
In the dashboard...I can see the tacho on one of them and a fuel gauge on the other... am I seeing the tacho similar to the 1.6???? Are we seeing the new palio with the 1.6???
I dont think so. Not as yet. I think that is the fully loaded ELX version,or the SXI now i think, or whatever its going to be called.The wheel caps on that white one are a clear give away.AFAIK, the last Elx versions did come with tacho and beige interiors.

@ vipulprints, you have booked the car even without having a look at it in person, let alone test drive it ? Wow, that is some enthusiasm shown for a Fiat.So are the official prices out ?

Overall, I think its still a half hearted attempt from Fiat.The exteriors are growing on me,they do make the car look fresh and the white one does look sweet enough,but the interiors are a bit of a mish mash. I dont like that light beige horn pad, I'd be distracted thinking about a milky bar chocolate or something. Agreed, they dont have mark 3 dashboard for the right hand drive markets.But what excuse do they have for the door trim.I cant make out much of it in the pictures, but I really hope they've done something about the tacky ' maruti 800' type door handles.

Its alright if the 1.1 is pitted against the likes of santro, wagon R and the lot.The interiors work well enough for that segment. But the 1.6 with similar interior trim wont look all that great against the swift,getz and u-va.Add to that the perceived low fuel economy of the 1.6 engine.

The masses may now start considering the 1.1 seriously.The 1.6, well team-bhp members should take a liking to that one for sure.The masses would most probably give it a miss.
Old 19th March 2007, 23:46   #280
BHPian

@moral fibre - nice pics man.. thanks a lot for sharing..

OT: btw, those palios always roam around in pune in a pack of three and are parked at some hotel on Ghole road . But about 3-4 days back, i saw around 8 palios roamin around together. What the idea behind this ??
Old 20th March 2007, 00:52   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But about 3-4 days back, i saw around 8 palios roamin around together. What the idea behind this ??
The Idea is simple, fool the people that they are going to launch the car, and intice hopes in Fiat Lovers like us that Fiat is upto something. Its been around a year or so and these Palios have just been playing chor police with us, sometimes at Bandra Kurla road and sometimes in Pune, will they ever be launched, i doubt.
Old 20th March 2007, 08:34   #282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
OT: btw, those palios always roam around in pune in a pack of three and are parked at some hotel on Ghole road . But about 3-4 days back, i saw around 8 palios roamin around together. What the idea behind this ??
A little bird told me that they are testing Diesel versions too. I dont know whether it is the 1.3 or the current 1.9D engine. Will try and get more info.
Old 20th March 2007, 10:52   #283
vamshi_v

Quote:
Dear Team BHP Members,
I have already booked the first car Palio 1.1 at Jaika Motors, Civil Lines, Nagpur. They have shown me a Demo CD which contains information regarding Engine Spec, Colour & Positioning against rivals.
Vipul what colors Palio 1.1 will be available?

Old 20th March 2007, 10:55   #284
Senior - BHPian

Already booked? That was fast really fast. well the average still i expect would be around 12 or so only in city with ac. and its a pity that they dont mention about 1.3 JTD, thanks to tata mentality ...

Quote:
Dear Team BHP Members,
As regarding Engine 1.1 it will give only 57 BHP but The torque which is essential for drivelability is 92 Nm at 2750 rpm. The average combined for 1.1 is 14.3 Km. They have reduced the weight of car from 1025 Kg to 990 Kg this i am mentioning about top end model that is SXI.
They are positioning Palio 1.1 at the same end where Santro, Wagon R & Estillo is & They are Positioning Palio 1.6 towards Swift, UVA & Getz. Their is no mentioning about 1.3 JTD.
Thanks,
Happy Riding
Old 20th March 2007, 11:03   #285
Senior - BHPian

Wow, those are extremely good pictures of the new Palio. Great work, moralfibre. I don't know why they bother taping the car and the Fiat and Palio badges. The whole world knows by now that the car is the new Palio! Did you notice any improvements in the build quality of the car? The interior's still disappoint but if Fiat is pushing the car down to Santro, Wagon R, Zen Estilo levels then there shouldn't be a problem. I have my doubts about the 1.6 engine in the new Palio. I, personally, feel that Fiat will use the engine in the Grande Punto and offer the Palio with just the 1.1L unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
A little bird told me that they are testing Diesel versions too. I dont know whether it is the 1.3 or the current 1.9D engine.
ACI has reported many times that Ranjangaon plant will start manufacturing multi-jets from 2008. I think even Ratan Tata has confirmed that new diesel's and petrol's will be manufactured at Fiat's plant from early next year. If thats true, then we wouldn't see the multi-jet Palio till 2008 unless Fiat buys the engine from MUL till then. IMO what Fiat needs to do is hurry up with the Grande Punto and Linea launch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks