Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2006, 11:24   #61
Senior - BHPian

Interiors are completely different. Are much better. This version of Palio was launched in Brazil more than 2 years ago.
Old 6th July 2006, 11:30   #62
BHPian

new palio II

The present palio looks better than this version II.
The rear lights looks like being borrowed from Santro XING and the front seems to be from alto/accent..
Old 6th July 2006, 11:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

Yes, this is the same palio which was launched in brazil in 2004 and in south africa in 2005..

but then, i dont see any other palio release internationally..so i am sure they are going to come up with this only..

But its so true that apart from some minor adjustments...there is no change in the overall looks
Old 6th July 2006, 11:56   #64
BHPian

Personally,I like the front and rear of the current versions of Palio
Old 7th July 2006, 09:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

Err am I missing something here? Whats new about this Palio? The whole world knows about this version and we have a thread about this "new" Palio here so why a new one? And some members have spotted this new Palio on Mumbai roads under going final testing for a september/october launch.

I sent a email to Fiat enquiring about the Grande Punto launch in India and actually got a response! I am surprised because the help desk email id on the fiat india website ends with fiat.com.:WTF:

Last edited by amit : 7th July 2006 at 09:36.
Old 7th July 2006, 09:44   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
The whole world knows about this version and we have a thread about this "new" Palio here so why a new one?

I sent a email to Fiat enquiring about the Grande Punto launch in India and actually got a response! I am surprised because the help desk email id on the fiat india website ends with fiat.com.:WTF:
I too am wondering what new is being discussed here.

BTW, what reply did you recieve on Grande Punto India launch?
Old 7th July 2006, 09:55   #67
BHPian

Punto is the new thing guys! not the Palio!
new or old, any upcoming palio in india will be quite old abroad, so thats just as good as dumping that here!
Old 7th July 2006, 11:06   #68
BHPian

If you people noticed, the version in pics come with a better looking door pads. I feel the current version sold in India comes with door pads that may have looked modern only in the 80s. The dash board remains the same though.
Old 7th July 2006, 14:49   #69
BHPian

Hi folks,
Came across an intresting article on PALIO..

check out..

http://articles.jimtrade.com/1/65.htm
Old 7th July 2006, 21:41   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what reply did you recieve on Grande Punto India launch?
I think automobile PR guys are trained in giving responses because the email I got was very typical automotivish. But, I am not going to hold that against them. After all, there hasn't been any official announcement about the new Punto's India launch yet. Anyway, here is the response I got:

Quote:
Dear Mr.Amit,

We are glad to know that you are one of the extremely happy Fiat customers in India.
Regarding new product launches,
we do not have any say on your specified topic as no official communication about the same is available with us from the parent company.

We will surely update you in case of availability of any information.

Regards,

Helpdesk
What impressed me was the swift response. I sent the email on friday evening and had the response on monday morning. Fiat has always passed all the tests I have subjected them to with flying colours. Either someone in Fiat really likes me or mine and fiat kundli's are a perfect match!
Old 15th July 2006, 02:20   #71
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone read about Fiat's plans to introduce the Palio with a new 1.1 Ltr engine? There will also be a CNG option with the new 1.1 Ltr variant. As it is, the 1.2 NV is sluggish and now with the 1.1 Ltr, looks like Fiat wants to give competition to the autorikshaws!

This version will be launched with the new Palio.

Quote:
The company has plans to introduce the existing Palio 1.2 litre variant with a de-tuned 1.1 litre engine. The company also has plans to introduce a CNG variant of the 1.1 litre variant. These modifications are most likely to be introduced with a face-lift of the hatchback variant
This will make sense if Fiat knocks off about 200 kgs from the Palio!

Source : The Hindu.

Last edited by amit : 15th July 2006 at 02:21.
Old 15th July 2006, 03:21   #72
Senior - BHPian

Right now I think its at 1242 cc and they must have reduced the bore to get to something like 1150 cc which is rounded off as being a 1.1 liter engine.

Of course in India customers will be pleased because they think smaller engine means more FE. Its high time they launched a gas version considering all the gas kits come from Italy.
Old 15th July 2006, 20:47   #73

The 1.1 FIRE engine already exist. Born in mid 90's in the Fiat Uno, is currently used in the Fiat 600. It has 55cv and is a Euro IV.
Old 19th October 2006, 09:43   #74
BHPian

Coming Soon????

This morning, while passing Chandni Chowk (Pune, not Delhi) on my way to work, I saw three of these facelifted Palio's. I didnt have a camera on me, so sorry, no pictures.

These cars had very little camaflouging, which leads me to believe they're nearing finalisation..

The headlights are the slightly new shape that we have seen on this thread & in some auto magazines

Though I only saw the brake lights in my rearview mirror, they seemed to be slightly taller than what we have now...

All three were different colours and exterior trim, so I'm guessing atleast three different variants

Also didnt get a look at the interiors......

Hopefully we'll see the "all new" (read facelifted) palio by early next year!!!

suhail
Old 19th October 2006, 10:30   #75
BHPian

I have seen the pics. It looks good.
Does anyone have an idea if the new palio will come with a modified engine?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks