Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2007, 20:58   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Actually Finney, i am not so sure. I sent my Palio to my parents in Delhi since they wanted a second car and I was having a major issue with the ECU of the car and none of the service centers here in bangy could even figure out what the problem was. In Delhi, the owner of the largest tata dealership is a family friend. Presently the car has been lying in his service center at Okhla for 1 week. He told me that in fiat, no one knows whether they are coming or going! he has placed an order for the faulty sensor(at least they have been able to diagnose the problem) and there has been no response from fiat, let alone the part arriving- and this when the owner of teh dealership is himself following up! He has told my father that he will get the car repaired and find a buyer for him since he himself says that they have no hope from Fiat. also, he has told him that there is so much load on them w.r.t. tata cars that they can hardly spare respources on Fiat!!!! go figure!

damn! why did i ever buya Palio

You hit the nail on the head pal. But dont bang you head, you trusted your heart which betrayed you. But lets hope your story will have a happy ending like Fiat coming back seriously.

However does this not seem that the true nature of Tata-Fiat alliance is coming out in the open like this. Apart from what they say, sharing of technology and marketing. Its mostly a deal where Tata will use Fiats Ranjangaon facility to produce more Indica's which currently have more demand than supply and will continue to do so. In this way Tata will be spared of additional expansion expenses, in return Tata will provide the TL sprint.

You can feel a certain Sadistic pleasure in thinking of the people who buy the Fiats version of the TL Sprint. Being a Tata, it will breakdown quite often and being a Fiat, they will not service it either. (Atleast true Fiats are well engineered products)
Old 22nd February 2007, 12:11   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
He told me that in fiat, no one knows whether they are coming or going! he has placed an order for the faulty sensor and there has been no response from fiat
And all this with selling just a couple of hundred units every month. Imagine what will happen if the Grande Punto and/or Linea actually start selling well.

Somehow I have always felt that Fiat does a good job with spares avaliablity in Mumbai. Why not ask your friend to try and source the sensor from some Mumbai dealer? It's good that the Punto and Linea are scheduled for next year. The Linea JTD can be a great alternative and worthy competitor to the best in class Honda Civic, IF Fiat can get service, spares and customer interaction right. Fiat seems to be making the right noises about ironing out the spares and service problems nowadays. Hope they walk the talk this time.

PS: I feel Fiat will ultimately end up murdering the Grande Punto and Linea just like they did the Palio.
Old 22nd February 2007, 13:22   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you trusted your heart which betrayed you
LOL I would like my wife to read that
Old 22nd February 2007, 23:35   #169
BHPian

Hi All,

Hmmm. So much said about Fiat in the forum. I wonder if these guys get this kind of mindspace in their native Italy even. I am seriously considering writing a case study on Fiat. The title would be 'How to manufacture worldclass products and ensure their failure in developing markets'

I wonder if Fiat India has some kinda IQ test where they only recruit people who score below a certain level.

Moral of the story: Do not ever buy a Fiat vehicle. At least not in India.
Old 22nd February 2007, 23:54   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekharlele View Post
Hmmm. So much said about Fiat in the forum. I wonder if these guys get this kind of mindspace in their native Italy even. I am seriously considering writing a case study on Fiat. The title would be 'How to manufacture worldclass products and ensure their failure in developing markets'

I wonder if Fiat India has some kinda IQ test where they only recruit people who score below a certain level.

Hi Shekhar, can't help but agree with you on this!!! We will get flamed for this but you hit the nail bang on the head, can't stop laughing
Old 22nd February 2007, 23:58   #171
Senior - BHPian

Please don't hijack this thread with your cribs against Fiat and their Cars!

We all know that Fiat makes excellent Cars, but for some reason in India, they're still unable to get their act together!
But with their tie-up with Tata, they going on a positive direction! And in 2 - 3 years, we can surely see a turnaround!
I love my Palio and all my future Cars would be Fiat only, though I would be tempted by the likes of VW Golf, Passat etc.

Anyway, letz get back to the thread title i.e. facelifted Palio!
Any idea when likely to be launched in the market?

Last edited by finneyp : 22nd February 2007 at 23:59.
Old 23rd February 2007, 09:37   #172
BHPian

very offensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekharlele View Post
Hi All,

Misread the comment, so withdrawing my reaction.

Last edited by sreenivass : 23rd February 2007 at 09:42.
Old 23rd February 2007, 09:41   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Mods I find this very offensive. It is nothing but attack on a group buying/ owning FIAT cars. Are you listening ? Questioning the IQ of people buying FIAT cars, very ridiculous.
Hey. He was questioning the IQ of people Fiat recruits ... If there are Fiat employees on board they might get pretty pi$$ed off.
Old 23rd February 2007, 10:12   #174
BHPian

withdrawn comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Hey. He was questioning the IQ of people Fiat recruits ... If there are Fiat employees on board they might get pretty pi$$ed off.
Well I realized that and withdrew my comments already, but the comment on FIAT employees could have been milder.
Old 23rd February 2007, 12:42   #175
Senior - BHPian

*A real big bored yawn* Saw camouflaged facelifted Palio while coming to the office today. Hmm...for the N'th time now! *dozing off*

If this continues for few more days, I'll probably be seeing more camouflaged Palios than production ones.
Old 23rd February 2007, 12:48   #176
BHPian

It's been exactly one year since GTO first opened this thread, but no sign of the palio yet!!
Old 23rd February 2007, 13:22   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
If this continues for few more days, I'll probably be seeing more camouflaged Palios than production ones.
LOL good one RX. I am getting sicker seeing the 3 camouflaged cars doing rounds in Pune. Atleast they should change the colour for heavens sake!
Old 23rd February 2007, 13:45   #178

I keep spotting the bandaged palios aorund petrol pumps in and around shivajinagar area in pune regularly.
Old 26th February 2007, 12:11   #179
BHPian

let's have a poll on whether Palio will come first or the Fabia
Old 26th February 2007, 12:17   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
let's have a poll on whether Palio will come first or the Fabia
Ha ha ha...I think TOYOTA will bring their small car first (2010)!

Most Viewed