Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2007, 12:31   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Please don't hijack this thread with your cribs against Fiat and their Cars!
Finney, we ain't cribbing against FIAT and their cars , the major grouse is against their A.S.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
We all know that Fiat makes excellent Cars, but for some reason in India, they're still unable to get their act together!
But with their tie-up with Tata, they going on a positive direction!
Well , atleast here in Mumbai , people are still dis-satisfied inspite of the TATA tie-up. I really would love to know what kind of positive impact the tie up has had on FIAT and its A.S.S.

Quote:
And in 2 - 3 years, we can surely see a turnaround!
If the turn around is going to take 2-3 years , FIAT better shut shop and leave. They competition would have moved light years ahead by then. FIAT have to act and ACT NOW

Quote:
I love my Palio and all my future Cars would be Fiat only, though I would be tempted by the likes of VW Golf, Passat etc.
Its really sad ...FIAT has so many loyal followers and it is doing nothing for them. I hope FIAT atleast listens to loyal customers like you and starts to act. I really do.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 26th February 2007 at 12:32.
Old 26th February 2007, 17:06   #182
BHPian

Fiat future

Called Shaman in Mumbai to enquire new Palio. They had no info at all.
What is Fiat upto? I think FIAT's future is not good. I think TATA will be the major beneficiary of the aliance. My experience with TATA-FIAT dealership is that they lack interest in selling Fiats. Enthusiasts apart on TEAM-BHP and PALIOUSERSINDIA group, general public will not have any good opinion of FIAT. They will still equate them with Premier. Even Punto/Linea may not be able to change the fortunes. General car buying public will not be appreciative of great JTD. They will compare it with Maruti/Hyundai/Ford diesels and not rush for these cars. It is sad that Fiat may be reduced to engine supplier in India. Very sad.
Old 26th February 2007, 17:11   #183
Senior - BHPian

The new palio was to be released in the second week of jan- that too after innumerable delays. An now, we are at the end of Feb adn STILL no news of the car!!!!

Well! they do say that "no news is goods news"

so lets wait and watch how this one unfolds!
Old 26th February 2007, 17:13   #184
SRK
Senior - BHPian

I like this one..
But yes the rear looks very cute than the rest of the car,,,
Dont mind having one..
Old 26th February 2007, 18:25   #185
BHPian

Guys, I guess the below mentioned points may be the reasons for the delay in launch:

01. Pile up enough stocks in the godown, so that they can cater to the hysterical demand after release

02. Its all done! They are just waiting for the website to be updated! (Damn, the software company)

03. They are training the smart technicians at TATA dealers, who always fail the test!

04. The Fuel efficiency during the Endurance test was too bad. Back to the drawing board!

05. They want to win the coveted "Most Secretive Manufacturer of the year" award

06. They are convincing the TATA's that Palio won't eat up the Indica!

07. They are simply confused

Note from Support team - Please do not use more than 2 smilies per post. We advise you to read through the rules and announcements before posting.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 26th February 2007 at 22:47. Reason: too many smilies
Old 26th February 2007, 19:50   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
. Enthusiasts apart on TEAM-BHP and PALIOUSERSINDIA group, general public will not have any good opinion of FIAT. They will still equate them with Premier.
Enthusiasts on team-bhp and PUG are not the only ones having a good opinion on Fiat's cars.Thankfully, most owners,if not all, outside these groups/forum are quite happy with their cars.I take an off from work and spend a whole day at the service centre when my car goes in for service.And I do keep questioning the owners about their satisfaction levels w.r.t service/spares and the car in general.I can say that quite a few owners seem to happy with their cars and share the same enthusiasm as we t-bhp/pug palio owners do.Atleast that is the case for mumbai.Other places where the service is an issue,the story might be different.
So,the general public will still ignore Fiat for some time to come.And Fiat owners/loyalists are their only lifeline.

Last edited by roms : 26th February 2007 at 19:54.
Old 26th February 2007, 23:49   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even Punto/Linea may not be able to change the fortunes. General car buying public will not be appreciative of great JTD.
Who cares.. The only thing I would care about is that I am the only owner of the Fiat in the block... Exclusivity comes at a price I as a customer am willing to pay..
Old 27th February 2007, 10:10   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Who cares.. The only thing I would care about is that I am the only owner of the Fiat in the block... Exclusivity comes at a price I as a customer am willing to pay..
Right said Fred. Even so, it feels nice seeing a Fiat on the road. The one thought that comes to mind is - kindred spirit. Maybe Safari owners go through the same feeling too.
Old 27th February 2007, 19:45   #189
BHPian

Hi Guys,

OK, before we go any further....I have been the owner of an excellently maintained Fiat Uno (45 Weber Carb) for the past 10 years, finally sold the car a couple of days back for peanuts. Just to state an example...the car's fuel pump conked off. I enquired with Anuroop counter sales if it was available. Pat came the reply "Not available", asked them if they could order it "Don't know when the order will come could take 15 days or more" - This means I was expected to keep my car grounded for 15 days. More shocks awaited me...I asked for the price, "Rs. 6,500", I was not sure he had heard me right, so I repeated myself on the phone, the price was still the same. The fuel pump is mechanical and I could finally land a new one (with original packing) from Opera House for Rs. 900.

Fiat needs a lot more than a face lifted palio to lift them out of this hole they have dug themselves in.

One 'probable ' reason why we Fiat owners still love our cars? Try looking up the term 'Cognitive Dissonance' on the net.
Old 28th February 2007, 03:24   #190
BHPian

Guyz,

I mailed the Head of Corporate Communications Mr.Marius D'Lama (Fiat India) asking for some update on the new Palio and this is the reply I have got:

"Fiat is here to say & has long terms plans for the Indian market. Next on the cards is the launch of the new Palio & soon there will be an Ad. campaign for the same. In 2008 there will be the launch of the Grande Punto & the Linea as well"

And I got this reply really prompt - something like under 10 hours. So Fiat India still looks positive and lets hope the same to happen soon ...

Regards,
Karthik.

---------------------------------

2000 Hyundai Santro DX
2003 Fiat Siena 1.6 ELX
2005 Maruti Swift VXi
Old 28th February 2007, 06:33   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Guyz,
"Fiat is here to say & has long terms plans for the Indian market. Next on the cards is the launch of the new Palio & soon there will be an Ad. campaign for the same. In 2008 there will be the launch of the Grande Punto & the Linea as well"
The statement in bold is heard ever since Fiat is in dumps. In all practical senses they dont show any signs of improvement, do they?

I hope they dont launch any new model until they resolve their current state of service in other cities where people are simply turned off with the name "Fiat".

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th February 2007 at 06:50.
Old 28th February 2007, 10:09   #192
BHPian

mail id of Marius D'Lama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Guyz,

I mailed the Head of Corporate Communications Mr.Marius D'Lama (Fiat India) asking for some update on the new Palio and this is the reply I have got:

And I got this reply really prompt - something like under 10 hours. So Fiat India still looks positive and lets hope the same to happen soon ...

Regards,
Karthik.

---------------------------------

2000 Hyundai Santro DX
2003 Fiat Siena 1.6 ELX
2005 Maruti Swift VXi
Karthik, would you mind provding me the mail id of Marius D'Lama. I have a couple of questions for him.
Old 28th February 2007, 10:18   #193
BHPian

Today's (28th Feb) HT Mumbai edition has a car&bike suppliment. There is an article on cars expected in 2007. It mentions new Palio launch in March 2007. Price range 4L to 5.5 L. Engine options 1.4L Petrol and 1.3L JTD. No mention of 1.1 L petrol. No mention of whether 1.3L JTD will also come in March 2007. There is also, a full page ad about 1.6L Sport. Let us wait and watch
Old 28th February 2007, 11:07   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekharlele View Post
I have been the owner of an excellently maintained Fiat Uno (45 Weber Carb) for the past 10 years
Not trying to support the useless Italians but maybe one of the reasons why the part wasn't avaliable could be because you have a 10 year old model that was phased out of the market long back. The reason I say this is because

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekharlele View Post
I was not sure he had heard me right, so I repeated myself on the phone
Anuroop has a habit of saying parts not avaliable on the phone. When I called them a few months back asking for palio suspension parts, they said the part wasn't avaliable and they didn't know when it would reach them either. I called them about 15 days later and this time the guy smartly counter questioned me before replying to my question, asking me are you bringing the car over and when i said yes, they said come over, we do have the parts in stock. When I asked the service advisor when they recieved the parts from Fiat, he said they always had Palio suspension parts in stock. Maybe they try to discourage over the counter part sales....

Last edited by amit : 28th February 2007 at 11:15.
Old 28th February 2007, 11:25   #195
BHPian

Quote:
There is also, a full page ad about 1.6L Sport. Let us wait and watch
Is that a facelifted one or the same old stuff? Can anyone scan and put it online?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks