Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2007, 15:04   #211
Team-BHP Support

I raced them ones when they were driving early in the morning at around 4 o' clock and they were pretty quick.

Makes my post different than "I saw the facelifted Palio"

Mods please close this thread until Fiat launches these cars.
Old 1st March 2007, 15:29   #212
BHPian

Mods please close this thread until Fiat launches these cars.[/quote]

Guess we'll have to clse it for good then
Old 1st March 2007, 23:36   #213
Senior - BHPian

Folks maybe all of you are wrong its not that Fiat is testing those cars in Indian conditions, it must be the Ministry of indian roads testing the Indian roads under influence from hot cars such as the Palio (which incidentally will never be sold, factor of safety u see (testing with the hottest cars so that the hot cars dont do much damage ))

Or maybe these are test beds for the Fiat engines to be used by all and sundry including bajaj for its latest autorickshaws.
Old 1st March 2007, 23:48   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Or maybe these are test beds for the Fiat engines to be used by all and sundry including bajaj for its latest autorickshaws.
Bajaj autorickshaws? Well they would certainly be a thing of the past once the Fiat powered 1 lakh TATA car/auto rickshaw is lauched .So yeah,we will be getting fiat powered autorickshaws eventually.
Old 2nd March 2007, 09:47   #215
Team-BHP Support

ok guys. Good news!

I have confirmed reports from a very good source that the new Palio is going to be launched officially in Mumbai in April.

No engine specs, nothing else. Simply the launch date. But, from the hints given, we can expect something nice in the engine department. So start saving up guys.
Old 2nd March 2007, 09:53   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
ok guys. Good news!

I have confirmed reports from a very good source that the new Palio is going to be launched officially in Mumbai in April.
At Last!!! That is good news

Looks like they're waiting for the beginning of the next financial year. And probably building up stock to get quite a few of them on the road faaaaaast. I hope they do that, else that will lead to more bad press and bad word-of-mouth.
Old 2nd March 2007, 09:58   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
ok guys. Good news!

No engine specs, nothing else. Simply the launch date. But, from the hints given, we can expect something nice in the engine department. So start saving up guys.
Ahh finally RTech!! And you are a reliable source for the info too. Hope they launch it on time.
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:08   #218
BHPian

Quote:
[b]But, from the hints given, we can expect something nice in the engine department.
like for example 1.3L MJD
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:11   #219
Team-BHP Support

I think the 1.3 diesel would be a given seeing that it is a Fiat engine! However, I have a nagging feeling that it will be a more powerful variant than whats on the swift. Or maybe I just hope it will be!! lol
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:27   #220
BHPian

Quote:
ok guys. Good news!

Is it going to be a April begining or April end
Can you share your source here ?

good news .. hope its true .. although I heard its March.
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:45   #221
BHPian

Hi friends,

So the wait is nearly over no more yawings for seeing the claded Palio running on roads, 11 March is the launch date of all new Palio 1100. Yestreday itself I have visited showroom & confirmed, as the showroom owner is my relative hope so he has got & given authentic news. Brouchers will be available from 9 or 10Th March.

According to him no news from Fiat for Petra & Adventure but Adventure are getting cleared fast & have got huge discounts of nearly 50K +.

Lets hope for the best.
Old 2nd March 2007, 13:46   #222
vamshi_v

That's good news newbie
I will go for palio if they launch before maruti increases the price this month (15th)

Old 3rd March 2007, 10:22   #223
BHPian

Recent Hindustan Times (Mumbai) edition had a supplement about 2007 car launches. The piece about new Palio mentions launch as March 2007(knowing Fiat it could be April ) . The engine mentioned are 1.4L petrol and 1.3 JTD!! It did not mention 1.1 L engine at all! The supplemnet also carried a full page ad about 1.6L sport. The picture in ad was of old Palio. I have decided to wait till April to buy new hatch

Last edited by cartech : 3rd March 2007 at 10:24.
Old 3rd March 2007, 10:53   #224
BHPian

despite all the criticism, at least the palio diesel is coming before getz diesel
Old 3rd March 2007, 11:03   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have confirmed reports from a very good source that the new Palio is going to be launched officially in Mumbai in April
April? 2007? or 2008?

Most Viewed