Team-BHP - Scoop pics :Facelifted Palio to be launched in April 07!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop pics :Facelifted Palio to be launched in April 07! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10733-scoop-pics-facelifted-palio-launched-april-07-a.html)

Saw a heavily camouflaged white Palio at Prabhadevi this morning. It was surely the current body shell, but the front and rear lights were very different. Something like this picture:

Perfect Palio = 1.6 100 BHP + Interior facelift + Tata backing.

GTO

EDIT BY Dippy 27/02/06

Here are pictures of the disguised Palio. Clicked it on my way to work this morning

This is similar to one available in South Africa and Brazil.

Hope the interior is also the one like the brazilian Palio...hey how do u insert pics..cant seem to upload the interior of the palioi here!:Frustrati

himanshugoswami
Here u go > http://imageshack.us/

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO

With a sub 5 L OTR price tag !!

So, these are not rumours afterall. There was a gentleman in paliousersgroup who had indicated from his sources at Fiat India that the new look Palio will be introduced in the last quarter of this year. Hope the interiors are changed to the new ones.

I had read about it coming to india in ACI but they had mentioned that the interiors will remain larfely unchanged and only the exterior will be changed. But i only wish the interiors are also new.

Looks nice. But problem with this "new look" is that we are seeing those pictures of facelifted palio for last 2 years, so now nothing new about it.

the new palio seems to be a viable option. but, even with tata's backing, fiat's reputation could play spoilsport, for one thing. secondly, how will tata marketeers manage a second fiddle with fiat playing in their same playground? my guess is that even if fiat dealers are merged with tata, they might find that the sales of both the hatches conflict.

unless fiat decides to move away from the indica segment and targets the swift, getz and aveo hatch category, and prices the palio at 5.5 lacs, with a 100 bhp engine, ABS, EBD, airbags, and the works.....then perhaps we might have a swift contender...heck, it could be a swift killer, if the quality levels are maintained....at least until the 1.6 litre 125 bhp swift sport arrives...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Saw a heavily camouflaged white Palio at Prabhadevi this morning. It was surely the current body shell, but the front and rear lights were very different

Well I understand that there are rumours of a tie up between the Tata's and a Fiat since I am working for Tata now the confirmation is yet to come!

palio still looks fresh and after the facelift it will be a stunner,the weakpoint is the interiors and something needs to be done about it,the service and sales issue will be looked after by tata and a new diesel is coming soon,if swift and palio will share the same engine ,i'll buy the palio.

Quote:

they had mentioned that the interiors will remain larfely unchanged and only the exterior will be changed.
I hope they bring the car with the new interiors too. What is so difficult about launching the car with new interiors? Getting into an agreement with TATA doesn't solve anything. Fiat has to understand that and a "new" Palio inside and out will only make people believe Fiat when they claim they are serious about the Indian market. I am sure Fiat wants to show it's seriousness to the Indian market so why this half hearted attempts?

I feel the current Palio still looks awesome. In fact the new look gives the car a soft look while the current one looks very macho. The current look suits the GTX/S10 really well. What do you guys think? Maybe when I see the new one for real , it may not look as soft. But I am all for the new Palio. They need to create a "new" variant buzz to get back into the prospective car buyers radar.

i second amit on the looks factor, somehow i think a palio yet has a whole lotta appeal, and the present one looks somewhat more impressive.

manson.

They have to do something about the interiors....The quality of plastics on the dashboard and door pads are apalling!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc
With a sub 5 L OTR price tag !!

+ Sachin Tendulkar 2 promote it!!!clap: