Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 14:05   #31
BHPian

Re: For Bangalore BHPians : Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" session on Sunday, 18th

Done and confirmed
Looking forward to meeting fellow BHPians
Old 7th September 2011, 14:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: For Bangalore BHPians : Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" session on Sunday, 18th

Registered and confirmed!!
Great initiative and looking forward to getting maximum benefit out of it.
Old 7th September 2011, 14:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Super Initiative from FORD. Unfortunately do not see Pune in the list of cities for future camps. Would have loved to attend one.

Now would be waiting for the presentation and detailed report from fellow BHPians from Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Super point, Navin. The Indian insurance sector really needs to change the way it offers coverages.
In fact i think there should be a mandatory defensive driving course even before giving a license. Had done that 3 hours session in NY and found it pretty useful. But sadly considering the way we get licenses in India even the course certificate would be handed out on paying some money.
Old 7th September 2011, 14:21   #34
BHPian

Very good initiative from Ford. Waiting for the one for Chennai.

I would like to see something like this as a mandatory pre-condition for getting driving license (something done by corporates, not by Government agencies).
Old 7th September 2011, 14:22   #35
BHPian

Sent a mail, waiting for confirmation.

Kudos to Ford & T-bhp
- For a much needed initiative
- For keeping it open to all participants (irrespective of the make of their cars)
Old 7th September 2011, 14:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

Email sent - looking forward for the event . . Nice initiative from FORD .
Old 7th September 2011, 15:10   #37
BHPian

Just sent the mail. Hope to grab a seat among those remaining. And, thanks to GTO and Ford for organizing this. We need more of such events.
Old 7th September 2011, 15:27   #38
BHPian

Done and Confirmed!
>Thanks and appreciated! -- @ Ford and GTO.
I am there.

Ace.
Old 7th September 2011, 18:36   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
29 confirmations already received, only 21 places remaining. Thanks for the support guys. Here's to safe driving
Thanks GTO for bringing this initiative to Team BHPians. Have sent a mail for the registration, awaiting confirmation. Can you please let us know the final 'lucky' 50?
Cheers,
Uday
Old 7th September 2011, 19:41   #40
BHPian

Excellent initiative by ford!
Thanks GTO for letting us know.
I've sent an e mail and waiting for the confirmation.
Hope to be among the lucky 50 and attend the program as well as meet fellow BHPians!

Had a question though, If registration is just by email, How is it verified whether the sender is a Team-BHP member? (I have included my t-bhp handle in my mail though )
Old 7th September 2011, 19:54   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow- this is an effor worth lauding. Congrats to Ford for coming up with this and GTO for enabling it.

I can't help but feel that each of us NEEDS to undergo this course. We pride ourselves on being safe drivers but often forget certain things. Reinforcement of basics is always a good thing.

Also, if good driving were to somehow become sexy, maybe more people would embrace it. Such programs would go a long way to spread a culture of safer driving in the country!
Old 7th September 2011, 20:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Usually such initiatives are restricted to owners, so it is nice to see Ford reaching out to the t-bhp community. Would be great if they can bring such programs to other cities too.
Old 7th September 2011, 22:25   #43
Team-BHP Support

I remember a few years ago, Toyota had visited schools across the country to achieve the same goal. A similar campaign was initiated by them. The drive-safe awareness campaign was a smart move by Toyota as they went about going to different schools and teaching the pupils about road-safety and driving etiquette.

It's good to see more and more companies coming forward for the cause.
Old 7th September 2011, 23:05   #44
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Boy, we're 43 confirmations already! I hope all of you find this session as valuable as I did.
Old 8th September 2011, 08:26   #45
BHPian

Indeed a great initiative by Ford. Taking CSR from paper to reality and reaching out to users, irrespective of brand loyalty is a commendable act. Hope such sessions are extended to many other towns / cities and other manufacturers take a leaf out of this and start such initiative. We need educated (read road-sense) drivers on road and hope for a day when we dont have to yell at someone, just because he/she dint have the sense to turn on the indicator (or) drives reckless.

Confirmed for the day and being my first in-person meet with the T-BHPians, look forward for the event.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks