Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2011, 22:54   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" for Bangalore BHPians. EDIT : Report Pg. 10 onward

High Points:

Keeping in mind Team-BHP's commitment to safe driving, Ford is organising a "Driving Skills for Life" program only for BHPians. You can own any make of car as a participant (or even not own one at all). Only requirement is a commitment to driving safe, and motivation to improve your driving skills. Participation is free of cost.

- What? Refer to the post below for my report on the DSFL program.

- When? Sunday, September 18, 2011 at Metro Ford (St. Marks Road) Bangalore.

- Time? Starting at 10:30 am. Will go on till about lunch time. Lunch will be served to the participants.

- Capacity? The session can accommodate 50 BHPians. Prior registration is mandatory.

- How do I register? EDIT on 8th September : Registrations have now closed as the max capacity has been reached. Thanks to all the participating BHPians.

Thanks to Ford India for organising this event for us, and for pro-actively conducting the DSFL program across the country. India is in dire need of safer roads.

P.S. Good chance to meet fellow BHPians too

Last edited by GTO : 8th September 2011 at 22:47.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 22:54   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: For Bangalore BHPians : Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" Session on Sunday, 18th

"Driving Skills for Life"

Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" for Bangalore BHPians. EDIT : Report Pg. 10 onward-dsfl-logo.jpg

Source: Visit to Ford's Chennai Factory

As part of its "Corporate Social Responsibility" initiative, Ford has recently launched the "Driving Skills for Life" education program in India. The program's scope will cover its employees, while some dealers too have evinced interest in conducting the program at their level.

So, what is the Driving Skills for life program?
  • Training that includes theoretical (classroom) and practical sessions
  • Total time = About 2 hours in the classroom, and another 1.5 hours for practicals
  • Subjects : Driving for Safety. Driving for Economy.
  • Several points covered, including the importance of seat belts (for rear passengers too), maintaining a "3 second" distance from the car ahead, right of way at intersections, the dangers of speeding (e.g. the dramatic difference in braking distances from 60 versus 65 mph), blind spots, avoiding distractions (SMS'ing while driving) and, of course, maximising fuel economy (the right gear changes).
  • Videos made the training interesting. Sure-shot way of captivating the audience.
  • Mr. Shakti from Hubert Ebner (Ford's partner in the event) is so obviously well-read on the subject. He frequently backed up bits of safety advice with sheer statistics (nothing like numbers to drive the safety message home).
  • Though the program is targeting regular drivers, even as a petrolhead, I benefited from some key points (e.g. seat belts for rear passengers, importance of daytime running lights etc.). Great refresher of safety pointers for pros too.

More info at the Driving Skills for Life Homepage

Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" for Bangalore BHPians. EDIT : Report Pg. 10 onward-driving-skills-life.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 6th September 2011 at 23:01.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 23:17   #3
BHPian

Re: For Bangalore BHPians : Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" session on Sunday, 18th

I have sent an email to the above address, with my name, number, age, and the fact that I want to be a part of this program, Anything else that I need to fill in?
Waiting to hear a response from their end.
Lets see what happens.
Will keep you guys posted
EDIT: Got a reply from GTO, my entry is confirmed, looking forward to meet fellow Team BHP ian's There!

Last edited by raghav.carfreak : 6th September 2011 at 23:26. Reason: Got a reply
Old 6th September 2011, 23:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: For Bangalore BHPians : Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" session on Sunday, 18th

Very good initiative by Ford. Do they have plans to take this to other cities too?
Old 6th September 2011, 23:26   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
I have sent an email to the above address, with my name, number, age, and the fact that I want to be a part of this program, Anything else that I need to fill in?
Waiting to hear a response from their end.
Lets see what happens.
Will keep you guys posted
Done & confirmed. We had two registrations in the first 5 minutes of this thread going up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Do they have plans to take this to other cities too?
Ford india is also having a DSFL India tour in 5 cities starting in Bangalore and then moving to Mumbai, Delhi, Chandigarh and Chennai every week.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 07:55   #6
Team-BHP Support

Now here's a company that does take "Corporate Social Responsibility" seriously. Excellent initiative by Ford. It would be great help if the powerpoint presentation is available to rest of the bhpians who are unable to attend the event.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 08:17   #7
BHPian

I have sent in a mail too. Should I expect a confirmation mail?
Old 7th September 2011, 08:43   #8
BHPian

Nobel endeavour ford and the Team, sent an email, please confirm my participation.

I hope to gain good knowledge from the auto major and more importantly meet fellow BHPians. I am sure it will be fun filled back to school for a eventful driving eternity.
Old 7th September 2011, 09:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

This is great! a very good initiative by Ford. I have sent e-mail to confirm my participation.
Looking forward to attend the program and to meet fellow BHP-ians.
Old 7th September 2011, 09:53   #10
Team-BHP Support

Good move there by Ford. Is it limited only to BHPians or general folk as well?

There is a growing trend of Corporate entities taking up such initiatives; hope they start reaching the grassroot too; wonderful beginning though.

I mailed my details; hope to get a confirmation soon. I am amused by the kind of initiatives T-BHP takes; but not very amused by how quickly they fill up! :P
Old 7th September 2011, 09:56   #11
Team-BHP Support

Registered!

Looking forward to meeting the Bangalore boys from Team BHP, and improving my safe-driving skills. Thank you, Ford, for this wonderful initiative.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:01   #12
BHPian

Done and confirmed. Looking forward to some classes and practicals (it's been years I have attended ANY class).
Old 7th September 2011, 10:13   #13
Team-BHP Support

Nice finally a step in the right direction. We need more initiatives like this.

In fact if Insurance companies recognise and credit people who have taken such courses with lower insurance rates it might even become commercially viable.
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 10:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

Very nice gesture Ford!

Registered and I will be there on the 18th. Looking forward to meeting the B'lore boys.
Old 7th September 2011, 10:20   #15
BHPian

Very good initiative by Ford. I, for sure, would be among the first ones to sign up when this comes to Delhi.

But i sincerely wish that getting a driver's licence wasn't such a joke as it is now and that they took strict driving tests before issuing one to anybody

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks